Sponsored

I value all opinions...

jeepfan11

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suburban
...on what is a good price? Great price out the door? Tax is 7%. Appears that it has been at the dealer for nearly 1 year. Thank you!

86F053BE-538C-4CFD-B06C-93DCFB2220DE.jpeg
Sponsored

MHayes

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave, 1952 VW Beetle 11G
...on what is a good price? Great price out the door? Tax is 7%. Appears that it has been at the dealer for nearly 1 year. Thank you!

Jeep Gladiator I value all opinions... 86F053BE-538C-4CFD-B06C-93DCFB2220DE
Just based on some quick calculations, invoice on this Gladiator is going to be approximately $58,600 (probably a little more). The best deals out there are 7-8% off of invoice (with affiliate pricing and dealer financing), which does not include taxes and dealer fees. Given that it has been sitting on the lot for a year, you may can do better, but 7-8% off of invoice is hard to beat.

dickeldan

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave
Occupation
photographer
There are a bunch of 2020s here in my area. The ones I've looked at most have the old steering box. I've found a few with the new steering box, but they aren't coming off the price on them anymore than a 21....crazy.

CMac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JT, Toyota Highlander, HD FLHRC and FLSTSCI
Occupation
Professional Aviator
You might wanna also go over all the bugs and issues from the TECH forum....like, just for starters, driving the hell out of it and ensuring that all batteries are sound before you buy it...TSB is considered and all your available software flashes have been made.

If anyone at the dealership tell you that loose steering is a “Jeep thing,” just backhand them and tell them they should probably be selling Hondas or maybe wagons to the Amish.

Sponsored

eaglerugby04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gator Rubicon Gladiator, Toyota Prius, Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Network Security
Part of it depends on the options on there. It has some serious markup with a bunch of options. Are they ones you would chose yourself? If not even a decent percentage off and you would still be better doing a custom order.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
You might wanna also go over all the bugs and issues from the TECH forum....like, just for starters, driving the hell out of it and ensuring that all batteries are sound before you buy it...TSB is considered and all your available software flashes have been made.

If anyone at the dealership tell you that loose steering is a “Jeep thing,” just backhand them and tell them they should probably be selling Hondas or maybe wagons to the Amish.
The Amish would never put up with a carriage or buggy that wandered. They are artists, artisans. No sloppy fits or joints for them.

CMac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Professional Aviator
The Amish would never put up with a carriage or buggy that wandered. They are artists, artisans. No sloppy fits or joints for them.
I agree with you, 110%, the Amish build $hit right... only was suggesting that the simplicity of a horse-drawn carriage or buggy is something that the simpleton over the dealer should bE selling.

Deleted member 24880

Where about in IN are you lookin? There are some dealers who still don’t haggle much. If that one has been sitting for a while I would bet your dealing with one of them.

Sponsored

DirkG

First Name
Dirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gator Sport S
As the "car guy" among my family and friends, I've performed a vehicle purchase/lease transaction at least 60+ times. The bottom line on "the right" price is 1) what you're willing to pay and 2) what the dealer is willing to sell it for.
  • The primary factors affecting #1 are the value of your time, amount of work you're willing to expend, and fund availability.
  • The primary factors affecting #2 are volume and timing.
Only you can calculate #1, and it's definitely worth measuring, but I'll focus on #2.

You're 22 days (as of this writing) from 2021. After the "Winter Sales Event" that almost every vehicle brand markets, which usually ends around 01/04 or so, the manufacturer will put a factory-to-dealer incentive on the hood of most of its 2020 (prev year) vehicles (usually moreso what's on there already). A majority of buyers will want a 2021 model and immediately the 2020s are looked upon as "last year's models". This would be a more advantageous time for you as the buyer IMO (to wait after the first of the year).

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
As the "car guy" among my family and friends, I've performed a vehicle purchase/lease transaction at least 60+ times. The bottom line on "the right" price is 1) what you're willing to pay and 2) what the dealer is willing to sell it for.
  • The primary factors affecting #1 are the value of your time, amount of work you're willing to expend, and fund availability.
  • The primary factors affecting #2 are volume and timing.
Only you can calculate #1, and it's definitely worth measuring, but I'll focus on #2.

You're 22 days (as of this writing) from 2021. After the "Winter Sales Event" that almost every vehicle brand markets, which usually ends around 01/04 or so, the manufacturer will put a factory-to-dealer incentive on the hood of most of its 2020 (prev year) vehicles (usually moreso what's on there already). A majority of buyers will want a 2021 model and immediately the 2020s are looked upon as "last year's models". This would be a more advantageous time for you as the buyer IMO (to wait after the first of the year).
Finally, a sane answer to "what's it worth" or "is this too much" or "what should I pay".
Man, those are among the worst things to ask when you know all you will get back are the same number of different opinions as there are responses. No one can tell you either. Your points 1 and 2 nail it.

In a country like ours, ANYTHING is worth what a buyer and seller agree it's worth. No one else can tell you. Value, unless you are looking to flip something or as a long-term investment to make money on, is a personal thing.
If I want something badly enough - I'll pay for it. It's that simple.

I once wanted a catalog that was for sale on eBay so badly that I bid $500 from day 1. It was hilarious watching people try to get over my proxy a buck at a time. Ding-dongs.

CMac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Professional Aviator
In a country like ours, ANYTHING is worth what a buyer and seller agree it's worth. No one else can tell you. Value, unless you are looking to flip something or as a long-term investment to make money on, is a personal thing.

If I want something badly enough - I'll pay for it. It's that simple.
Perfect advice, right here.

syreeves

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR 6MT, 2013 Volvo XC90, 2003 LR Disco
Occupation
Liquor Attorney. So not all bad...
I agree with much that has already been said. If you want all those options then maybe it is worth trying to get to a mutually agreeable price. One thing I think you should consider since you are getting an automatic is whether you want the option of "automatic" 4WD - Jeep calls it the Rock Trac transfer case and describes it like this: " The Rock-Trac® Full-Time 4x4 system combines a 4:1 low gear ratio tailored for low speed rock crawling with the convenience of a a 4H-Auto mode that will automatically engage and disengage 4WD as needed to maintain traction." Not sure where you live but up north in snowy states having the ability to be in 4H on hard surfaces in slippery conditions is very useful.

My point is that the 2021 model could be a better choice if you are going to get an automatic and don't need ALL the options...

Best of luck and in any event you are making the right choice going with a JT. Just sayin... ; )

FloridaMan655321

First Name
Lieutenant
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave, 1973 F-100 - both manual
Occupation
Lieutenant (not really)
That is a whole bunch of options. If that is what you want....

I found a truck that was close to what I wanted if I built, but had more options (leather/audio stuff/bunch of safety stuff). I told the dealer that they would need to get the price closer to what I would build. This particular dealer would not budge, which was fine, because neither was I. So I ended up building with another dealer that was willing to go down about 10% off MSPR. Sure I have to wait, but I'm ok with this and I assume the dealer was ok with not selling me that Gladiator for what I wanted to pay.
Sponsored