Sponsored

FCA Previews Next-Gen Uconnect 5

Kizzo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Wrangler
Don't think it would work in the Jeep Truck unless they redo the entire dash area as it seems to imply that its for the 12 inch screens seen in the upper end Truck models, etc. Wonder if they are shooting for like what I saw at the car show recently like the Tesla, etc where they had replaced all the dials, buttons, etc and the only thing was a big screen. Everything was done by touch screen or voice command. If it glitches you have no control over your stuff like you would with knobs, dials and buttons
During a Uconnect 5 demonstration, an FCA representative made a comment that since it will be based on Android OS. It will in fact be a responsive system. This means it will be able to scale/stretch to any screen size across all FCA products. So whether it's an 8 or 12 inch screen, portrait or landscape; it will be compatible.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Mr. Manners

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GC Overland
Occupation
Professional Babysitter
Doesn’t look like the 2021‘s will see this. Still version 4

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
Doesn’t look like the 2021‘s will see this. Still version 4
Makes sense - the 2021 Grand Cherokees have not changed as planned, either. The virus has slowed progress..............

Slapping_Rabbits

First Name
Nirzwan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep gladiator Rubicon, triumph rocket iii roadster
How weird is it that I'm very excited for this. I can't wait to play gta v on this!

BAT

First Name
Blaine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Sport S Max Tow Sting Grey
I like the Insane Audio setup but out of my price range for some time. Other things I would rather get on the truck

Sponsored

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
I just hope the 'droid OS is more reliable than it is on some phones. You still have to reboot phones now and then, they still require patches and updates - I can see it now - gotta pull over, honey, have to reboot the radio...........

Slapping_Rabbits

First Name
Nirzwan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep gladiator Rubicon, triumph rocket iii roadster
I just hope the 'droid OS is more reliable than it is on some phones. You still have to reboot phones now and then, they still require patches and updates - I can see it now - gotta pull over, honey, have to reboot the radio...........
Well the latest droid OS has been super reliable. I totally get what you mean but with the latest one I've had zero issues. I haven't even had to reboot. If they can just keep it as reliable then we'll be good... hopefully.
Sponsored