First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland, 2019 GC Ltd
Occupation
Retired
Grubby, I hadn't figured it would be much different, but no Mojave Smartliner , but at least they got back to me quickly:

Thank you for contacting Smartliner! Unfortunately, at this time we do not offer liners for the Gladiator Mojave. We do apologize for the inconvenience. If you have any other questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Thank you,
Crystal
Smartliner Customer Service
Phone: 407-704-6740
Hours: Monday - Friday 8:00am to 4:00 pm EST
https://smartliner-usa.com/

Anyone know another vendor for a Mojave, ruber bed-liner?

Thanks
-Joe
I actually bought the rubber bed liner for my Overland (same as all other JT versions) on Amazon. I got the factory bedliner but it gets a little rough on luggage and other things sliding in and out hence, the need for the rubber liner.
Sponsored

OP
OP
joeym7

joeym7

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mojave, 2003 Cadalac STS
Occupation
Retired
I actually bought the rubber bed liner for my Overland (same as all other JT versions) on Amazon. I got the factory bedliner but it gets a little rough on luggage and other things sliding in and out hence, the need for the rubber liner.
Yep, I would think the same thing, especially given I have heavy steel target plates I mentioned above...

If you happen to have the link on Amazon I'd be much oblidge, otherwise I look it up.

Thanks.

OP
OP
joeym7

joeym7

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired

MonkeySkunks

First Name
Nik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR, 2016 Odyssey
OP
OP
joeym7

joeym7

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
As mentioned - get the Sunrider. The caveat is as long as you don't have shoulder issues. I get kinda lazy and just pull it closed from a seated position, which will probably piss my shoulder off one day.

Having a convertible truck is what sold my wife on the JT over the Tacoma.

We have the Sunrider for the "warmer" months. It takes 5-10 minutes to swap from the freedom panels. Depends on how fast you can find your Torx bit and extension.

Last week or so I swapped the Sunrider for the panels. I keep a couple bungee cords under the rear seat. The panels go in the bag, in the bed, then bungee corded to prevent lots of movement. I have a soft tonneau cover so you can't see what's in the bed without a little work.

It's a bigger hassle for my wife to remove the panels. She's 5'2" and has a balance disorder. So I run around outside, she stays inside and lifts the panels up so I just grab and bag (I'm also in the not-tall-club at 5'6").

If we have to be in a questionable area, I'll stick the loaded bag inside in the back.
I'm in on the Sunrider at this point (really popular from all the positive posts on it, and it makes sence), especially if it only takes 15 min. to swap out with the freedom panels. I'll be riding the Sunrider around here say May to October-end or so. Be good to have both tops as an option.

Have to see if they packaged these two options together or even if I can buy seperatly on the 2022 Mojave order sheet.

This truck is looking better all the time. 👍 :)

Sponsored

darksidedesign

First Name
Preston
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Mojave in Gator
Occupation
Graphic Designer / Illustrator
I absolutely LOVE my Sunrider for hardtop! It was one of the first things I added to my Mojave. I have it on my vehicle from March to October. Freedom Panels the rest of the time.

Gvsukids

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Occupation
Delivery Driver

Gvsukids

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Occupation
Delivery Driver
I absolutely LOVE my Sunrider for hardtop! It was one of the first things I added to my Mojave. I have it on my vehicle from March to October. Freedom Panels the rest of the time.
Does this get in the way when removing the hard top?

darksidedesign

First Name
Preston
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Mojave in Gator
Occupation
Graphic Designer / Illustrator
Does this get in the way when removing the hard top?
The rear portion of the Sunrider attaches to the hard top. So the Sunrider would have to come off in order to remove the hard top.

Sponsored

OP
OP
joeym7

joeym7

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Has anyone mentioned our Sunrider for Hardtop yet?
Dang guys, you all are the best!

Lee
- the Bestop team
www.bestop.com
Can you post a link to a video showing how the Sunrider FlipTOP for HardTop is done on the Gladiator...Someone posted it is a 5-15 minuites to install. This is the only vid I can find on the instillation (on a wrangler), looks a bit more than 15 mins though, a good bit.

And that dosn't include removing the hard-top optional headliner which i assume has to come off too.

What am I missing?

https://www.bestop.com/products/sunrider-for-hardtop-jeep-2020-2021-gladiator-2018-2021-wrangler-jl/

Last edited:
OP
OP
joeym7

joeym7

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
As mentioned - get the Sunrider. The caveat is as long as you don't have shoulder issues. I get kinda lazy and just pull it closed from a seated position, which will probably piss my shoulder off one day.

Having a convertible truck is what sold my wife on the JT over the Tacoma.

We have the Sunrider for the "warmer" months. It takes 5-10 minutes to swap from the freedom panels. Depends on how fast you can find your Torx bit and extension.

Last week or so I swapped the Sunrider for the panels. I keep a couple bungee cords under the rear seat. The panels go in the bag, in the bed, then bungee corded to prevent lots of movement. I have a soft tonneau cover so you can't see what's in the bed without a little work.

It's a bigger hassle for my wife to remove the panels. She's 5'2" and has a balance disorder. So I run around outside, she stays inside and lifts the panels up so I just grab and bag (I'm also in the not-tall-club at 5'6").

If we have to be in a questionable area, I'll stick the loaded bag inside in the back.
You can do the swap in 5-10 minuits? You must have some "short-cuts" to do it that fast...This vid seems a bit more involved...What am I missing?
https://www.bestop.com/products/sunrider-for-hardtop-jeep-2020-2021-gladiator-2018-2021-wrangler-jl/

JTBurns

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
Use the quadratec video from post #36 above, it's better instructions. Install is really not hard, 6 or 8 bolts. The hardest part is the z clips. If you get the Mopar version, install is even easier as the top and rails are already connected. No reason to remove the headliner, just take the freedom panels out and replace with the sunrider.

OP
OP
joeym7

joeym7

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Use the quadratec video from post #36 above, it's better instructions. Install is really not hard, 6 or 8 bolts. The hardest part is the z clips. If you get the Mopar version, install is even easier as the top and rails are already connected. No reason to remove the headliner, just take the freedom panels out and replace with the sunrider.
Nice! That helps a lot, I'll go with the Mopar, wth, get it with the new truck under warrenty and if the the unit is already assembled make it a heck of a lot easier.

Thanks so much JTBurns, you cleared things up nicely!

-Joe

Labswine

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland, 2019 GC Ltd
Occupation
Retired