Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator, Ford Flex
Occupation
United States Coast Guard
Did you take off the sidesteps?
seems there is something missing and holes. Could be seeing stuff👽
oddly enough it didnt come with step sides. its a very odd package I got.

-EDIT- forgot to mention I have some step sides sitting in my garage, have not had a chance to install.

22 Gladiator Sport (not S)
painted fenders
hard top
8.4 unconnect w/ offroad pages
dyna 44 axles front and rear
power windows
bed liner
Sponsored

Dougstdig

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21 JTRD - '08 Dodge Ram 2500 4x4
Congrats!!

Id suggest just taking the time to drive it stock and get to know what you do and dont want. All too often guys get amped up to do the mods after seeing the stuff on the forum. Take the time when you can before you inadvertently open up a can of worms and start chasing problems that are only solved by more mods.

Tire/Rims are a simple first step. And im pretty sure the stock rubi tires will fit the sport w/o issue. But know you will loose MPG and the ride will change. What that change is, is entirely user dependent. I personally went back to a nearly stock sized dueler AT after going larger and more aggressive. Other have found they are pleased with the feel of the different tires and are unconcerned with the MPG. To each their own!.

Enjoy the ride brother. Jeep life is the best life.
Not to mention spending the dollar that’s so hard to come by to find out the part(s) you’ve been dreaming about ultimately have to be replaced because they aren’t what you thought they’d be.

I can’t tell you how many times I’ve done that through my life. I’ve learned to try and take it slower and try not to make it an emotional purchase. Think three steps ahead and make sure any parts you purchase will accommodate other parts you purchase so they don’t work against each other.

OP
OP
Whiskerbiscuit

Whiskerbiscuit

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
do all base Gladiators come with 44 axles or better?

Sponsored

Gvsukids

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Occupation
Delivery Driver
OP
OP
Whiskerbiscuit

Whiskerbiscuit

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
do all base Gladiators come with 44 axles or better?
I found my own answer. all gladiator have the 44 axle... the sport, sport s, and overland (I think) have the standard 44. Rubicon and other cool models have the 44 but with 1.5" wider.

PlayfulBird

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT 2020 Rubicon Gobi
I found my own answer. all gladiator have the 44 axle... the sport, sport s, and overland (I think) have the standard 44. Rubicon and other cool models have the 44 but with 1.5" wider.
but if you get the max tow package i think you also get the wider ones :)

Gvsukids

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Occupation
Delivery Driver

Snake Eyes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Sport S Max Tow, 2011 Toyota FJ Cruiser
oddly enough it didnt come with step sides. its a very odd package I got.

-EDIT- forgot to mention I have some step sides sitting in my garage, have not had a chance to install.

22 Gladiator Sport (not S)
painted fenders
hard top
8.4 unconnect w/ offroad pages
dyna 44 axles front and rear
power windows
bed liner
Hmmmm you cannot get power windows in non sport s. It is not listed as an option in the build. They all come with manual windows as far as I know. Also do not see painted fenders with a non sport s. Are you sure you got a Base Sport (non s)? IT sounds like you got a basic Sport S version. Or did you get it from the lot or someone who modified it in some way? Correct me anyone on whether they know of any 2022 Sport (non S) coming with power windows or painted fenders. All jeep materials say no. Run your vin and get your window sticker online.

Sponsored

JET_83

Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator Overland
Congrats!!

Id suggest just taking the time to drive it stock and get to know what you do and dont want. All too often guys get amped up to do the mods after seeing the stuff on the forum. Take the time when you can before you inadvertently open up a can of worms and start chasing problems that are only solved by more mods.

Tire/Rims are a simple first step. And im pretty sure the stock rubi tires will fit the sport w/o issue. But know you will loose MPG and the ride will change. What that change is, is entirely user dependent. I personally went back to a nearly stock sized dueler AT after going larger and more aggressive. Other have found they are pleased with the feel of the different tires and are unconcerned with the MPG. To each their own!.

Enjoy the ride brother. Jeep life is the best life.
I’d much rather have the best ride quality I can get in a Jeep that’s why I’m leaving my overland stock.

Artsifrtsi

First Name
Jude
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland, 2005 Wrangler X
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Resident Pompous A-Hole
I’d much rather have the best ride quality I can get in a Jeep that’s why I’m leaving my overland stock.
The ride quality immediately improved when I swapped to the Rubicon suspension in my Overland... likely just the better shocks.

JET_83

Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The ride quality immediately improved when I swapped to the Rubicon suspension in my Overland... likely just the better shocks.
From what I watched on YouTube, post from people on here and from my own experience with the test drive the overland stock rode the best of all the trims

JET_83

Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
One guy on here was talking about his riding like a Cadillac stock so he swapped out the suspension because he didn’t like it being that soft.
Sponsored