Sponsored

FIRECRACKER RED Gladiator JT Club

Deleted member 20081

Saw a just in firecracker red rubicon JT at Fair Oaks Jeep in Chantilly VA. Jumped out to see the sticker and it had tan seats and the other dash. Why would you not get the red dash on a red truck. The tan seats were just meh too. Sticker was in the high 50s. Didn’t have the time to snap some shots sorry.

Iron Wolfpack

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Red Rubicon Gladiator LE, 06 Range Rover Sport, 92 E350 Tailgating Bus (Howlin' Prowler); past Jeeps - 87 YJ, 02 TJ
Saw a just in firecracker red rubicon JT at Fair Oaks Jeep in Chantilly VA. Jumped out to see the sticker and it had tan seats and the other dash. Why would you not get the red dash on a red truck. The tan seats were just meh too. Sticker was in the high 50s. Didn’t have the time to snap some shots sorry.
The auto show I went to had a red Rubicon with a red dash. The color of the truck and the dash is quite different. I could see some people having an issue with that. I personally didn’t mind it and thought it looked great.

Deleted member 20081

The auto show I went to had a red Rubicon with a red dash. The color of the truck and the dash is quite different. I could see some people having an issue with that. I personally didn’t mind it and thought it looked great.
Is it the orangish red of the firecracker and the blue red of the dash? I wondered why. Interesting

Sponsored

Trauma PA

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Willys, 2021 Audi Q3
Occupation
Trauma Surgery Physician Assistant
My wife and I just test drove a red JT Rubicon. The dash insert was red but a much different red than the exterior. My wife hated it. Me, I'm sure it would grow on me. But why wouldn't FCA paint all the dash inserts the same color as the exterior, especially on a $60k truck? I had a Toyota FJ Cruiser which stickered in the mid $30s and even these had dash and door inserts which were painted to match the exterior color of the vehicle.

SleepyJeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mini Cooper S, Firecracker Red Gladiator LE
My wife and I just test drove a red JT Rubicon. The dash insert was red but a much different red than the exterior. My wife hated it. Me, I'm sure it would grow on me. But why wouldn't FCA paint all the dash inserts the same color as the exterior, especially on a $60k truck? I had a Toyota FJ Cruiser which stickered in the mid $30s and even these had dash and door inserts which were painted to match the exterior color of the vehicle.
I would be ok with a slight variance, but if the red on the dash doesn't match the red outside by being on two opposite sides of the pantone color chart I will def have an issue with it LOL. Ah, if that happens on my Red LE, I am going to wrap the dash in leather... It might be a good weekend project.

Trauma PA

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Willys, 2021 Audi Q3
Occupation
Trauma Surgery Physician Assistant
I would be ok with a slight variance, but if the red on the dash doesn't match the red outside by being on two opposite sides of the pantone color chart I will def have an issue with it LOL. Ah, if that happens on my Red LE, I am going to wrap the dash in leather... It might be a good weekend project.
This is what the dash on the Red JT Rubicon looked like.

Screenshot_20190506-093944_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20190506-093938_Chrome.jpg

SleepyJeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mini Cooper S, Firecracker Red Gladiator LE
This is what the dash on the Red JT Rubicon looked like.

Screenshot_20190506-093944_Chrome.jpg
I think it is very hard to tell the difference on a laptop esp with colors, at least it is for me. We are gonna have to look at it in real life and decide... But, I am surprised why they couldn't use the same paint - maybe the dash parts were built somewhere else or by some other vendor?

homerun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 XJ, 2004 Ford Ranger, 2013 Subaru Impreza, 1996 HD Springer Softtail, past jeep 1995 YJ
I think it is very hard to tell the difference on a laptop esp with colors, at least it is for me. We are gonna have to look at it in real life and decide... But, I am surprised why they couldn't use the same paint - maybe the dash parts were built somewhere else or by some other vendor?
I am not entirely sure of how the process works but technically the dash is not just painted it is anodized. I assume that would have something to do with the colors not matching.

Sponsored

JTRUBI

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jk rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Saw this red Overland at a local dealer yesterday. Had some 33” General grabbers on it. Looked like it had a 10k markup on it.

6241537C-2FD2-4E83-BFEB-11A663678DD8.jpeg

CC41A2BD-6685-48F6-8D66-1778CDD0A29F.jpeg

E1F54066-0BCA-43A6-B942-05419A558D1F.jpeg

C13BEE9D-1A21-4D99-BD5C-04D9C78EE63C.jpeg

1B52F872-3023-49A6-8CE7-0BB519D27A9B.jpeg

7E742B50-72E4-40B2-8556-9A2488C0EA83.jpeg