First Granite Crystal VIN# Post Here

WildJD

First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Santa Fe National Forest, Jemez Mountains, NM
Vehicle(s)
2020 GCM Gladiator JT Launch Edition, 2006 Wrangler TJ 4x4 4.0 Liter Straight 6 Golden Eagle, 2018 Cherokee 4x4 3.2 Liter V6 Latitude
Occupation
Mountain Wilderness Rancher/Horse Guide
I posted this morning that sighting a Bald Eagle on the wing is a good omen... received this text at 5:22 this afternoon... :turkey: ;{

6524F576-7996-41FC-AB2B-D074563BBF6C.png

Last edited:

kayakmike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Granite Crystal Metallic Launch Edition
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Rocket Scientist
Last edited:

WildJD

First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GCM Gladiator JT Launch Edition, 2006 Wrangler TJ 4x4 4.0 Liter Straight 6 Golden Eagle, 2018 Cherokee 4x4 3.2 Liter V6 Latitude
Occupation

Sponsored

WildJD

First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
I got my WindowSticker!
Anúŋkȟasaŋ Wakȟáŋ... wópȟila tȟáŋ’ka! (Lakota) “Sacred Bald Eagle... I thank you immensely!”
:turkey:;{

D0396444-AB45-4E32-9E34-76A70365FCCB.jpeg

DE7081FE-E2D6-4445-8D0F-84B1BCA20154.png

Spyder

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland, 2020 JT Granite Chrystal Jeep Gladiator Launch Edition
Vehicle Showcase
When it comes to ordering a vehicle, having it built, and shipped, from a major auto corporation... logic, and common sense, fly out the window! Don’t try to make sense of what they do... Reason, and Efficiency, have absolutely NOTHING to do with it! ;{
@RickyR
My family used to own a dealership so the reason it was shipped to the railhead in GA instead of the Columbia one that is right down the road is they book transit shipping on rail by contracted amounts (# of vehicles) if they are overbooked at one railhead they will ship it to the next closest rail head that has available space. (yes i know these places are huge and i know what your thinking why is that an issue) but apperently these Jeeps are over their contracted amounts at that location and to try and get it as close to the dealer as possible they just ship it when they can. I think this is counter intuitive and logistically speaking DUMB but it is was it is.

Magnus Rudis

First Name
Magnus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Launch Edition Ordered; 2015 Silver Rubicon JKU
Still Stuck in I status... Dealer trying to get information but with no luck!
I haven't heard from our dealer since he called to say it shipped last week. I haven't been pressing the issue since I'm currently moving house to Port Ludlow. Sorry to hear that yours hasn't moved. It's got to be frustrating.

WildJD

First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation

Sponsored

kayakmike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Granite Crystal Metallic Launch Edition
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Rocket Scientist
I posted this morning that sighting a Bald Eagle on the wing is a good omen... received this text at 5:22 this afternoon... :turkey: ;{
6524F576-7996-41FC-AB2B-D074563BBF6C.png
Don’t reckon it matters much, but I know you like to keep the record up to date. Barb told me today I’m in KZS. :turkey: ;{
(Steel guitar...”Waitin’ in the Trainyard...”)
Now you are in the "we don't really know where the F* your Jeep is" state. Once it starts moving Jeep doesn't really know where it is any more. Really need to rely on your dealer for updates. Your dealer is saying it's on a transport, but Barb says it's sitting in a Toledo lot (KZS). Probably trust your dealer from now on. Once it's on a train, your dealer should have a pretty good idea of the transit times to the final rail head since those are sort of pre-scheduled. The final transport from rail head to the dealer is a crap shoot.

Pure speculation on my part: Based on other posts, I think some (but not all) JTs were sent from Toledo to Detroit for body/JB work. I'm guessing those unlucky folks who have been stuck in I/JB got the short straw and were getting transported back and forth to Detroit while most were local in Toledo and blew through JB in a matter of hours. Since yours was one that was stuck in JB for a while, your dealer could have been referring to transport back from Detroit when he said "on transport". Or transport could mean it's already on a train (even if Barb says KZS). Getting closer either way...

JWise

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Mojito 4 door
Even tho I now have my GCLE. And I'm soooo glad I waited, it's worth it. Everybody that sees it says that it's just such a great color on the truck.

But I can't stop coming out to this thread to see how everybody else is doing. That weird connection. Can't wait til everybody has theirs!!!!!!

Skyler7381

First Name
Skyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Granite LE
Even tho I now have my GCLE. And I'm soooo glad I waited, it's worth it. Everybody that sees it says that it's just such a great color on the truck.

But I can't stop coming out to this thread to see how everybody else is doing. That weird connection. Can't wait til everybody has theirs!!!!!!
Yes, I got mine yesterday and I totally agree. Granite is definitely the best color, I've also seen a few people break their neck when I drive by :CWL:

WildJD

First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation

Thanks for keeping tabs on the rest of us still sloggin’!;{
Sponsored