Invoice price or below, post them here!

5JeepsAz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 Kaiser-Willys Jeep Gladiator (SJ) 2dr long bed pickup truck
Build Thread
Link
Forgot to mention, his sources tell him ordering will open in February but as we've seen, info on availability should be taken with a grain of salt.
For this I'm close to Idaho! Thank you for checking and letting people know. So a permit... For travel back to home state? License transfer to home state? INTERESTED. Now, price? Either very interested or not at all, hopefully soon to see! Thanks for the info...
Sponsored

beelzebot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2009 Mini Cooper S Convertible
For this I'm close to Idaho! Thank you for checking and letting people know. So a permit... For travel back to home state? License transfer to home state? INTERESTED. Now, price? Either very interested or not at all, hopefully soon to see! Thanks for the info...
You can stop by Moab on your way home! Or if you go the I-15 route there is plenty of wheeling along that route too.

5JeepsAz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 Kaiser-Willys Jeep Gladiator (SJ) 2dr long bed pickup truck
Build Thread
Link
You can stop by Moab on your way home! Or if you go the I-15 route there is plenty of wheeling along that route too.
The plan might be to avoid highways, pavement, as much as possible. Except for the grand canyon and lake Powell, there are plenty back roads! Exciting.

jayd33

First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Audi Q7 3.0 Prestige, 2016 Mercedes-Benz SL400,
Damn..so depressing reading this post. I've been happily buying all my vehicles near MSRP. No wonder why I still get thank-you and Merry Christmas letters from dealerships 4-5 cars ago. Looks like I need to hit one of you gents up before I pull the trigger on the JT to save some $ for aftermarket parts :D or better yet, maybe we do a Groupon type buy :D

Lou3.6

First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep 2016 WK2 75th Anniversary edition
Occupation
retired Navy -- 1984 > 2004
Invoice is around 4.5% under MSRP on the vehicle itself, and around 11% under MSRP on any optional equipment. It is also commonly known as FWP, or Factory Wholesale Price, and is generally (and incorrectly) accepted as the price the dealer pays for the unit, and 1% below this number is where any negotiations should begin. Many Affiliate Rewards programs guarantee 1% below invoice pricing at participating dealers (which all the best dealers are), and getting an Affiliate Reward is easy by signing up for Tread Lightly.

The map of recommended dealers can be found at the JLWranglerforums sister site, which hundreds of threads regarding purchasing and ordering, including contact information for specific salesmen, which is usually the only way to secure these deals.

If I were west of the Mississippi, I would contact the dealers in the Nampa/Boise, Idaho area like Petersen's and Dillon's to order at around 8% below invoice (works out to around 12-13% below MSRP) and then plan an awesome road trip back home in my new Gladiator. There are some great deals to be had on the East Coast, so I'll be staying here. Around the middle of the country it gets a bit more sparse, with some good deals in Arkansas and Indiana, but no one can beat the deals in Idaho.
I live in Eastern Washington and monitor Dillon & Petersen's weekly and find the "rate"to be more like 5% to 6% of the listed msrp ! Irregardless of what it is/was/will be -- anybody interested and has the means to get their, should do their own Contacting of these dealers & Web Brows them . In any case be sure to ask in an email - to have written verification on any "comebacks" - what other Fees, etcetera they charge ! Be sure to indicate you will not tolerate any hidden charges upon arriving that weren't on the original Sticker ! Think many here (over at the JL site) have come across this tactic !
HAPPY SHOPPING TO ALL - when the time comes - and to all a good nite !

Sponsored

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"
Irregardless
I feel this isn't a proper word. lol
‘Irregardless' Versus ‘Regardless’
First, let's talk about “irregardless.” Some people mistakenly use “irregardless” when they mean “regardless,” and that’s considered to be an error. “Regardless” means “regard less,” “without regard,” or “despite something.” For example, Squiggly will eat chocolate regardless of the consequences (meaning Squiggly will eat chocolate without regard for the consequences, despite the consequences, and so on).

The prefix “ir-“ is a negative prefix, so if you add the prefix “ir-" to a word that's already negative like “regardless,” you're making a double-negative that means literally “without without regard.”

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"
Invoice is around 4.5% under MSRP on the vehicle itself, and around 11% under MSRP on any optional equipment. It is also commonly known as FWP, or Factory Wholesale Price, and is generally (and incorrectly) accepted as the price the dealer pays for the unit, and 1% below this number is where any negotiations should begin. Many Affiliate Rewards programs guarantee 1% below invoice pricing at participating dealers (which all the best dealers are), and getting an Affiliate Reward is easy by signing up for Tread Lightly.

The map of recommended dealers can be found at the JLWranglerforums sister site, which hundreds of threads regarding purchasing and ordering, including contact information for specific salesmen, which is usually the only way to secure these deals.

If I were west of the Mississippi, I would contact the dealers in the Nampa/Boise, Idaho area like Petersen's and Dillon's to order at around 8% below invoice (works out to around 12-13% below MSRP) and then plan an awesome road trip back home in my new Gladiator. There are some great deals to be had on the East Coast, so I'll be staying here. Around the middle of the country it gets a bit more sparse, with some good deals in Arkansas and Indiana, but no one can beat the deals in Idaho.
@misanthrope , I hope you don't mind, I included a bunch of this info on the options matrix, tab 3.
Sponsored