First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT
Occupation
Auto Mechanic
It's too bright of a Tan for my liking. I would rather have a darker chocolate color. Gonna be hard to keep clean from dirt with that bright of a Tan interior. Just my opinion.
Sponsored

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"
UGH, saddle on rubicon dash sucks compared to overland saddle dash.

rubicon saddle.jpg

overland dash.jpg

i'm imagining its going to take a ton of work to swap out that part of the dash.

What are the two silverish circles on the dash grab bar of the ribicon, that are not on the overland?

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"
at least saddle looks much darker than the heritage in the JL
so the Wrangler gets a "wrangler" badge on the dash grab bar rubicon, but the JT just gets a blank grab bar. WHERE IS THE GLADIATOR STAMP JEEP?! My wife needs to know what the name of my vehicle Model is when they get into my ride.

sahara tan.jpg

jl tan interior.jpg

Jeepers!

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A Chevy and a Caddy
Apparently these are the parts for the JL Sahara leather dash:

Air Bag Door - Mopar (6AC261A3AB)
Pad-Instrument Panel - Mopar (6AC241A3AA)

Should be the same for JT Overland.

i'm imagining its going to take a ton of work to swap out that part of the dash.
It seems fairly difficult. You have to remove the airbag. You would think they would've made it a little easier, especially since people don't really have a choice between silver or red on the Rubicon.

What are the two silverish circles on the dash grab bar of the ribicon, that are not on the overland?
Just looks like bolts. They're pretty inconsistent with the grab bars, even among JLs with the same trim/model year.

chrcal14

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon
It's too bright of a Tan for my liking. I would rather have a darker chocolate color. Gonna be hard to keep clean from dirt with that bright of a Tan interior. Just my opinion.
Yep, I literally work at a dirt factory. It's why it worries me.

rubicon saddle.jpg

overland dash.jpg

Yeah, I like the wrapped dash better than the grey, but the grey better than the red. I hadn't noticed the bolt thing on the grab handle difference before. Good eye.

People have done the swap...

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/red-dash-trim-removal-replacement.3354/page-2

Sponsored

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Lou3.6

First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep 2016 WK2 75th Anniversary edition
Occupation
retired Navy -- 1984 > 2004

rubicon saddle.jpg

overland dash.jpg

From first glance, the only difference appears to be the STITCHING ! I do much prefer the darker Saddle vs. the Heritage, but never been a fan of leather in my vehicles . At home is a different story . I've owned a few RV's with FAUX-Leather Furniture and I must say that stuff -- if you get better quality brand -- is "the shits" and that's good ! Wish Jeep would offer Faux type (fake) leather in the lower trims - Sport S in particular ! It Looks very much like real leather and out performs in many practical ways vs. real Leather ! Flex steel, I believe was the brand of my RV furniture ! Not "cheap" looking like boring-vinyl - i.e.; the RAM Rebel without the leather upgrade .

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
From first glance, the only difference appears to be the STITCHING ! I do much prefer the darker Saddle vs. the Heritage, but never been a fan of leather in my vehicles . At home is a different story . I've owned a few RV's with FAUX-Leather Furniture and I must say that stuff -- if you get better quality brand -- is "the shits" and that's good ! Wish Jeep would offer Faux type (fake) leather in the lower trims - Sport S in particular ! It Looks very much like real leather and out performs in many practical ways vs. real Leather ! Flex steel, I believe was the brand of my RV furniture ! Not "cheap" looking like boring-vinyl - i.e.; the RAM Rebel without the leather upgrade .
We got a Flex Steel couch. Sitting on it now. =)

Yeah sucks about the leather. Every leather car i've had was cold in the winter, hot in the summer, even with heated seats. Every cloth seat i've had is tolerable or better, and i've had a heated seat jetta tdi with cloth seats. Way nicer than the leather heated seat jetta I had.

But this saddle color has me intrigued. Maybe i'll just go for black cloth and then get the gatorskin katzkin seats some years from now. lol

Lou3.6

First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep 2016 WK2 75th Anniversary edition
Occupation
retired Navy -- 1984 > 2004
We got a Flex Steel couch. Sitting on it now. =)

Yeah sucks about the leather. Every leather car i've had was cold in the winter, hot in the summer, even with heated seats. Every cloth seat i've had is tolerable or better, and i've had a heated seat jetta tdi with cloth seats. Way nicer than the leather heated seat jetta I had.

But this saddle color has me intrigued. Maybe i'll just go for black cloth and then get the gatorskin katzkin seats some years from now. lol
Yea it does (suck) because in almost all INDOOR applications Leather is SOOOO NICE ! I LOVE my 2 Comfy Loungers
The FLEXSTEEL Faux Leather & other Better Quality offerings - in particular for RV use, are much more durable and just as "Comfy" IMO ! Mind you, stay away from the "cheap Faux" ! I've experience both, 1st RV TT, had crap ! UpGrading to a 5th wheel (better quality WRV Alpenlite) and the UpGrade furniture was NICE ! I wanted it to be, 'cause it was my Home Full Timing for 3 years ! If I could find a Superior Quality Faux Leather for the Jeep Seats, I would also consider an upgrade from the cloth - but real leather, no ! Especially if you live nan area with all 4 Seasons, or worse yet just 2 Seasons -- Hot Summers & Cold Winters !

Sponsored

Jeepers!

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A Chevy and a Caddy
I'll suffer the hot seats in the summer (with a towel) for the increased comfort and, more importantly, water resistance of leather. Lot of rain down here.

Also keep in mind that only a portion of the seats are actually leather. They're mostly vinyl.

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'll suffer the hot seats in the summer (with a towel) for the increased comfort and, more importantly, water resistance of leather. Lot of rain down here.

Also keep in mind that only a portion of the seats are actually leather. They're mostly vinyl.
Is Vinyl just as cold in winter and hot in summer?

Jeepers!

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A Chevy and a Caddy
Is Vinyl just as cold in winter and hot in summer?
Oh yeah. I would keep the top off my YJ for most of the year in SoCal. I kept towels in the car just so I could sit down. Not sure about winter but I assume that's the case. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Oh yeah. I would keep the top off my YJ for most of the year in SoCal. I kept towels in the car just so I could sit down. Not sure about winter but I assume that's the case. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Maybe we can get a dual seat group? Then i can have cloth in summer and leather in winter?

Jeepers!

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A Chevy and a Caddy
Maybe we can get a dual seat group? Then i can have cloth in summer and leather in winter?
Haha! Got my order with dual tops, dual doors, and dual seats coming in.

I'll still take leather all year round because rain. :)
Sponsored