First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon,2020 Jeep Gladiator Launch Edition White
Occupation
Sales CDJR
Experienced flat tow with JK Unlimited behind 2020Gladiator, Would like to flat tow to Moab. Is this too far from Wisconsin, limit to much off road ability on JK, too much wear and tear on a JK. Thank you for your ideas.
Sponsored

Combolc

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator, Toyota 4runner
Do you have Max tow package? If so shouldn't be an issue. What weight of your JK?

Choj

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 JKU Rubicon
Google is saying a JKU weighs 4,600lbs. Depending on the weight of the trailer you should be perfectly fine towing it there.

OP
OP
Whiteknight

Whiteknight

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon,2020 Jeep Gladiator Launch Edition White
Occupation
Sales CDJR
Thank you all for the details. The tech who assisted me with installing a different front bumper is questioning if we could add a flat tow bracket because of the bumper I now have. I will investigate further and let you all know the progress and process. Just wanted to tow with less stress on my new Launch Edition Gladiator. Once you add two guys ( at 150- pounds each, ha,ha ) and some essentials with luggage it all adds up to it. Thank you all, thumbs up and hope you stay up right for many years.

TrailHiker

First Name
Denny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator JT Sport S, Black 1946 CJ 2A
Using a tow bar on your JK for a flat tow on the JK’s own axles is not going to add any payload weight, other than the 10-25lbs for the tow bar weight. The total weight of the JK is on its own axles, so it’s dead weigh will be the “trailer” load weight, as long as your Gladiator can tow 5K lbs, you should be good to go on the truck end. My Gladiator Sport can handle 6K lbs.
Cheers

Sponsored

Combolc

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sport with max tow is 7650 and 7000 for the Rubicon. 6000 is you have the Overland- assuming automatic.

You should consider brakes though- why not just get a trailer and put JK on it? Get a brake controller and good to go

Combolc

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Using a tow bar on your JK for a flat tow on the JK’s own axles is not going to add any payload weight, other than the 10-25lbs for the tow bar weight. The total weight of the JK is on its own axles, so it’s dead weigh will be the “trailer” load weight, as long as your Gladiator can tow 5K lbs, you should be good to go on the truck end. My Gladiator Sport can handle 6K lbs.
Cheers
I thought sport without max tow was only 4500lbs

BullDogge

First Name
Nope
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT, JK, WK2 TH, other Non-Jeeps.
Sport with max tow is 7650 and 7000 for the Rubicon. 6000 is you have the Overland- assuming automatic.

You should consider brakes though- why not just get a trailer and put JK on it? Get a brake controller and good to go
Trailers can be heavy. My aluma is under 2k pounds, but that is aluminum.

TrailHiker

First Name
Denny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator JT Sport S, Black 1946 CJ 2A
The Sprt S with Max tow is 7650 lbs. However, the Sport S with Reg. Tow package and Auto trans is 6K, Manual originally listed it as 4500 lbs, but the paperwork that came with the Jeep states 6K lbs.

Adding a trailer, adds you get weight, which counts towards payload.
Cheers
Sponsored