Florida Roll Call!

K9MC

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SOLD 2020 Gladiator Rubicon after 2 yrs
So, it's Friday 4/9/20 and the wife and I are going stir crazy....I've had the new Gladiator a month now and haven't been able to make a road trip or explore with all the COVID19 lock down.....My tank is full and one way or the other we are going for a drive tomorrow - just the two of us. Knowing that just about every State and local park is closed, I'm looking for ideas on where we might go for a one-day/one-tank drive starting from the Tampa/Lakeland area.....any suggestions? :whatsgoingon:
Well, no feedback or ideas received so I made a quick run (took the back roads) to Ocala where I picked up a bushel bag of freshly harvested green peanuts from Seiler Farms. Back home now with the 1st batch already in the boiling pot.
5E278501-F976-4D12-9C07-F24189BD9E88.jpeg
Sponsored

Last edited:

tysongladiator

First Name
Tyson
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator, Jeep Wrangler
Occupation
Learner
Vehicle Showcase
Most of the private owned parks in each state are open to give off off roaders somewhere to go. You could always ride up to Ocala and go to Hard Rock. Check their website and give them a call first.

JP1

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 JLU Rubicon 4xe
Build Thread
Link
imVORRVUXNaFajzgS0EBZ95EBseDJ9MCjA2mBeF9nBZ43scEOv-Bk2GKp-XChabnC6BrWtx-VaPgR12cbs8=w836-h824-no.jpg

Under-Pressure

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Checking in from the Space Coast.

Sponsored

Sal

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Any honest Jeep dealership in South Florida? Any recommendations? Thanks
Hey Buddy,

there isn’t one good dealership In South Florida. I just went through this last week I reached out to every single dealer in broward and dade county and none came close to @NEW SMYRNA JEEP

ask for Chase

zznalg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JK Willys
Hey Buddy,

there isn’t one good dealership In South Florida. I just went through this last week I reached out to every single dealer in broward and dade county and none came close to @NEW SMYRNA JEEP

ask for Chase
Thanks much. Were the prices quoted to you too high? Or did the dealerships seem shady?

Sal

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Thanks much. Were the prices quoted to you too high? Or did the dealerships seem shady?
To high compared to New Smyrna. Every single dealer only offered the rebates that Jeep had.
A little bit of both. Most of them said they couldn't even come close. Other said that its impossible to sell anything below invoice. Locally the best place i saw for discounts was Planet Dodge. Theres a manger called Stephanie cool chick. They had the best price in dade and broward (i think she was doing about 4-5% off msrp. thats just over the phone.

Arrigo is another one that you can get a good discount on what they in the lot because they have alot of inventory but again nothing comes close to New Smyrna for inventory and orders.

and this is my second Gladiator( FIRST ONE JUST GOT LEMON'ED)

gonzoy5

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
Hey Buddy,

ask for Chase
Agree with this guy. I just commented on your other post. SFL, Miami especially, is pathetic. Go North. We ended up in Vero Beach with a great deal. New Smyrna was competitive too. Had Sebring and Tampa lined up as well. Nothing in SFL came close. Such a joke with fees and absurd add ons.

Sponsored

Sal

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Yea man. I bought my first one from Dadeland last year around this time and it took me An entire day just to sell it to me at msrp.
My newbie ass didn’t even think anyone was selling below MSRP last year.
But after a year I realized that south Florida has no deals compared to some other dealerships. They will even stand and look at you in the face and tell you that no one can sell below invoice.
Agree with this guy. I just commented on your other post. SFL, Miami especially, is pathetic. Go North. We ended up in Vero Beach with a great deal. New Smyrna was competitive too. Had Sebring and Tampa lined up as well. Nothing in SFL came close. Such a joke with fees and absurd add ons.

gonzoy5

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
Yea man. I bought my first one from Dadeland last year around this time and it took me An entire day just to sell it to me at msrp.
My newbie ass didn’t even think anyone was selling below MSRP last year.
But after a year I realized that south Florida has no deals compared to some other dealerships. They will even stand and look at you in the face and tell you that no one can sell below invoice.
I don't mean to lol, but yeah, Dadeland was one of the worst. Miami Lakes Automall was just as bad with a sad attempt at like 2-3k in "extras". I could only laugh, but seems there's 1300ish in dealer add ons going around. Some GPS bs, "Vin etching" and some other sleezy add on. I found it on several dealers across the state. Those are the ones to immediately walk out of and end discussions. They aren't worth your time. Good luck everyone still shopping!

rafaelsmith

First Name
Rafael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Punk'n Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Software Engineer
It is embarrassing how bad dealers in Florida are. Last Nov, when I was ready to place my order...I spent a good two weeks attempting to work deals (via email) with many dealers within 100miles of my location in Central Florida....most were rude...refusing to even talk via email...the few that talked $$ were at or above MSRP....rest down right refused to reply. I did my research...and said screw it....emailed Travis at TriCity in North Carolina and within hour had a good deal and order placed. ~$50 one way plane ticket and I was a happy camper.

gonzoy5

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
It is embarrassing how bad dealers in Florida are. Last Nov, when I was ready to place my order...I spent a good two weeks attempting to work deals (via email) with many dealers within 100miles of my location in Central Florida....most were rude...refusing to even talk via email...the few that talked $$ were at or above MSRP....rest down right refused to reply. I did my research...and said screw it....emailed Travis at TriCity in North Carolina and within hour had a good deal and order placed. ~$50 one way plane ticket and I was a happy camper.
I'm sure there's plenty of suckers out there, but I have to believe that more people are wising up to the old school dealer tactics. It takes effort to find what you want, but with so much information available online, the customer doesn't need to believe a word the dealer says. Ultimately, the song and dance is so unnecessary. Show me the numbers and don't add on BS. I'll tolerate a reasonable dealer fee because everyone has a business to run, but don't even bother bringing any "value added" fees or markups to the table. Those are instant deal breakers. I hunted in NC too actually from Miami, but lucky I only had to go 200 miles away to make a deal. Did everything over the phone, including financing (Buyers should have their own financing ready too as a negotiating tool) and was in and out of my dealer with ease. I'm really on a kick to push everyone to fight for what they want when buying a new car. It's not easy, but it's your money, don't give it away!

Reactions: Sal

OldFloridaMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Just picked up my Gladiator on Friday. No big plans for a major build right now (got the JT to make it easier to manage the small orchard at our new house in Plant City - hard to fit sufficient supplies in a Mustang), but have already added Rubi take off rails and will keep an eye out for take off wheels/tires. I've had Wranglers in the past, and I'm happy to be back in the Jeep life!

Jeep Gladiator Florida Roll Call! IMG_3468.JPG-1
Sponsored