First Name
y= x/0
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR Panda
Occupation
knife sharpening snob
Hey man all you need is this for the JScan to work and then buy the License fee, these tazer guys try to convince people that JScan is the devil, I guess because they spent twice as much on the Tazer. JScan has Live View and Trail view features also.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07W4YF2H7/=cm_sw_r_sm_apa_i_G1kaGbMW5AREQ?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B06XGB4873/ref=cm_sw_r_sm_apa_i_r2kaGb7C7PM27?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

I have the original Tazer JL, it came with the bypass module and the Tazer that plugs into the OBDII port. I'm thinking about getting a AlfaOBD or Jscan to play around with since I already have the bypass module. There wasn't as many choices when I purchased my Tazer JL, but if I was someone now starting from scratch the AlfaOBD or Jscan would probably win out over a Tazer purchase.

Although Zautomotive Tazer JL support is topnotch!
Sponsored

Jimmy07

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ram 2500 2019 Jeep Cherokee
There wasn't as many choices when I purchased my Tazer JL, but if I was someone now starting from scratch the AlfaOBD or Jscan would probably win out over a Tazer purchase.
I was actually shocked when I first came into this forum that nobody seemed to have heard of AlfaOBD (and still isnā€™t talked about much). Tazer would actually be my last choice of a tool, but thatā€™s because Iā€™m not concerned about the trivial novelty ā€œliveā€ functions. That, and the fact that it is a device that must remain married to the vehicle in order for the BCM settings changes to ā€œstickā€. I also would rather interface with a dedicated device than the vehicle controls.
Jscan is ā€œgetting thereā€, with adding more FCA vehicle support, but itā€™s drawback for me is itā€™s VIN licensed.
AlfaOBD is by far the most powerful tool for what it costs, and is as close to a dealer level scan tool as youā€™re going to get (actually, more powerful than wiTECH in most cases). You have access to every configuration setting in the BCM, and youā€™re able to view/download the BCM configuration that shows the current status of each setting. Itā€™s not VIN locked, so for $50 you can use it on any 2007-2021 FCA vehicle. If youā€™re into serious bastardization of the BCM like I am, you have the ability to access settings from other vehicle lines, so I could install and enable the surround view camera system that a Ram uses into a JT or JL. The only drawbacks is, AlfaOBD is only Android app or windows software, but Jscan can be used on iOS.

CerOf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜21 JTRD
JScan sounds like the way to go or the Alfa obd.

the tazer was the first thing I found. So, kudos to tazerā€™s marketing. My wallet is a bit lighter. :)

Jimmy07

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ram 2500 2019 Jeep Cherokee
You guys with JSCAN ..... Do try these ...

Fogs with High Beams:
ADAPTATION
---> Vehicle user settings --> Front Fog Lamp Dropout Enable On/Off --> Target Value = Deactivated

Disable Navigation Lockouts:
ADAPTATION
---> Radio user settings --> Disable Navigation Lockout On/Off --> Target Value = Deactivated

Disable Weather Alerts:
ADAPTATION
---> Radio user settings --> SDAR Travel Link Feature Present On/Off--> Target Value = Deactivated

Engine Compartment/Hood Alarm:
ADAPTATION ---> Miscellaneous settings --> VTA Hood Ajar Monitoring On/Off--> Target Value = Activated
Fogs with high beams- works

Navigation lockout- wonā€™t work. Messages need to be intercepted and modified

Weather alerts- disabling SDAR travel link works, but it also removes the app from the radio, so you wonā€™t be able to use any of itā€™s features

Hood alarm- VTA hood ajar monitoring will work, BUT, thereā€™s more to it than that, and Jscan is missing other settings for this:
CBC Config I/O: Connector A Pin 11: Hood Ajar Switch Input Present > YES
CBC Config I/O Usage: Connector A Pin 11: Hood Ajar Switch Signal Usage > 1K parallel resistor
And, of course, for hood monitoring to work at all, you need to have the correct hood latch and wiring to the BCM. Those two settings and hood latch are also needed to enable factory remote start

DougM55

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S
JScan worked well with my empty pockets. High beam only vs high beam with Rigid Radiance fogs.
7C3034E8-E2C0-4894-9167-8BE3ED0A330B.jpeg
2164CDF2-1810-42BA-9A00-BA074E84BE0B.jpeg
Sponsored