Frame chop front bumpers

19JL

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JLUR
OK, that isn't what the skid plate bolts to, that is what the bracket that the skid plate bolts to is mounted to.
exactly, I unbolted the brackets the skid bolted to and the cut the frame supports so the skid plate isn’t able to go back on.
Sponsored

Sponsored

Flexin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Rubicon AKA 'Sky Walker'
We trimmed it to make it look uniform. I will see if I can get a better pic
Looking at the pic above, we cut some in the front corners, and sides to even it with the bumper. You can do without the skid plate but I wanted it.

BrandRezake

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
Occupation
Controls Engineer/Entertainment Program Manager
Looking at the pic above, we cut some in the front corners, and sides to even it with the bumper. You can do without the skid plate but I wanted it.
I think you did a good job. I definitely want to retain protection and Ace doesn't have a skid out yet.
Second question, are those the stock Fogs or did you get aftermarket ones? (LED?)

Flexin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Rubicon AKA 'Sky Walker'
I think you did a good job. I definitely want to retain protection and Ace doesn't have a skid out yet.
Second question, are those the stock Fogs or did you get aftermarket ones? (LED?)
Stock LED plug and play. That bumper will fit LED or Halo lights that came in the stock plastic bumper. The Steele bumper has a different mount. I’m so glad I did not get the stock steel bumper and landed where I did with this one.

motorod

First Name
JL
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTR Bright White
Stock LED plug and play. That bumper will fit LED or Halo lights that came in the stock plastic bumper. The Steele bumper has a different mount. I’m so glad I did not get the stock steel bumper and landed where I did with this one.
Do you have any pictures of LED fogs/bumper from above? I’m having clearance issues with the fog connectors and the winch, thinking of trimming them unless I can move things around a bit.

+1 on the lower skid, took Skillsaw to it on Sunday just waiting to paint it, didn’t have room to rotate the sway bar disconnect.
Sponsored