Reaction score
Website
sites.google.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator, 1988 Cherokee , 1969 Plymouth Satellite Conv
Occupation
Telecom engineer
Vehicle Showcase
I made this a couple weeks ago, it seems to be doing ok....
Jeep Gladiator Freedom panel storage idea parts

Get a piece of 1/2" polyethylene tubing and cut it in the dimensions shown. The inserts are 1/2" long pieces with a notch cut out so you can squeeze it together and stick it in the first tube to reduce the inner diameter. Glue these in with superglue and let it dry. The other tube has a cap in it with a "+" sign melted in it with a soldering iron. This is optional (it just makes it stay in place better). This is also glued in. It does NOT have a reducing insert in the other end. The foam is just blocks cut with elastic glued around them. Glue them together on the sides of the block, so you can use the large sides in either direction (you'll see later). Tube details below:

Jeep Gladiator Freedom panel storage idea partsdetail

Ok, now that you made this stuff, put the front passenger seat forward a little, and lower the rear passenger 60% seat. You can put a towel on it if you like.
Remove the DRIVERS panel and put it here, top down, like this:

Jeep Gladiator Freedom panel storage idea step3

Put the SHORT tube on the front alignment pin and strap the elastic around the two latches like this:

Jeep Gladiator Freedom panel storage idea step4

If you have glued the elastic correctly, the foam blocks will fit in any direction. Do not put the long tube in yet. It will just get knocked off and lost.

Carefully put the passenger panel on top. You will have to put it in like this, inserting the long side first and rotating it in. But it will fit!
Jeep Gladiator Freedom panel storage idea putitin

Sit it on top of the other panel aligning the SHORT tube with both front pins, and you can now install the long tube on the rear "+" pins.
It should now look like this:

Jeep Gladiator Freedom panel storage idea done more

Here is a shot from the other side....you can still use the other seat!

Jeep Gladiator Freedom panel storage idea done

Here is a closeup of the front tube:

Jeep Gladiator Freedom panel storage idea tube

I couldn't get a good pic of the back tube.

After doing this a couple times it goes really easy, and all the parts are small and easy to store.
Sponsored

OP
OP
JohnFinx

JohnFinx

First Name
Fin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
sites.google.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator, 1988 Cherokee , 1969 Plymouth Satellite Conv
Occupation
Telecom engineer
Vehicle Showcase
They did come with a bag, this is a lot faster for me. When I am leaving work, I don't wan't to deal with the bag and tonneau cover, I can just toss them in and go.

JeepHouse

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
This is a pretty cool set up for what you described, because I agree, you leave work and it's a perfect June day, you want to pull those babies off and head home, not screw around with the bag. I took mine off today and noticed that the bag's slots in the foam for panel 1 (drivers side) are about an inch lower than the panel 2 side (passenger side) which makes the zipper tight, but closes. Weird.

Anyway, cool storage idea :fist bump:

Last edited:

NC_Overland

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Overland
Yeah, I don’t know what’s up with my freedom panel bag lately. Mine used to go in easily and now it’s a struggle.

Sponsored

bheath-atx

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Electronic Manufacturing
Interesting idea, cheap and convenient to store I added a Sunrider top, but might do this for when I put the top back on. Too bad no one has molded something like the foam pieces out of rubber. Thanks.

noside85

First Name
Edison
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon Sting Gray
The sunrider has been my best addition to my JT so far. I use it as much as possible. They are much easier and quicker to use, though the panels aren't really a big deal to take off either.

Took the freedom panels off for the trip home on the highway on our first day. Of course I ended up putting a small gash in the left passenger door from a freedom panel since i was in a hurry and never done it before.

FREEZE451

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave | 2021 Grand Cherokee L
I'll admit I'm way more lenient with my panels.. I typically don't have riders in the back as well, but I just set them in the back.
Jeep Gladiator Freedom panel storage idea 20200701_071715

One thing I plan to work on is a system that holds all four doors in the truck bed, some kind of locking bracket.

NC_Overland

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Overland
I'll admit I'm way more lenient with my panels.. I typically don't have riders in the back as well, but I just set them in the back.
Jeep Gladiator Freedom panel storage idea 20200701_071715

One thing I plan to work on is a system that holds all four doors in the truck bed, some kind of locking bracket.
I do that sometimes when I’m in a hurry. I do keep a towel back there to put in between them so they don’t rub against each other and scratch.

FREEZE451

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave | 2021 Grand Cherokee L
I do that sometimes when I’m in a hurry. I do keep a towel back there to put in between them so they don’t rub against each other and scratch.
That is a good idea - I will remind myself of that one!
Sponsored