First Name
G
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 jeep gladiator mojave
Build Thread
Link
Ordered my Mojave with the black grille… one of the worst things about it is that I wanted to have the OEM front facing camera, is there a way to buy the OEM camera and or another company and then integrate it to the 8.4 Uconnect just like when you access the rear camera on the screen, still don’t understand why they don’t offer the camera when you get the matte black finish.
Sponsored

InvertedAerialX

First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
waiting on 2023 Gladiator Diesel (long story)
Occupation
Flight Dispatcher / Aircraft Maintenance Engineer /
Ordered my Mojave with the black grille… one of the worst things about it is that I wanted to have the OEM front facing camera, is there a way to buy the OEM camera and or another company and then integrate it to the 8.4 Uconnect just like when you access the rear camera on the screen, still don’t understand why they don’t offer the camera when you get the matte black finish.
Do what I did, ordered the JT Rubi with the front cam and colour matched grille, order the black grille, switch out the grille then sell the colour matched grille. My dealer is going to "buy" it off me for the price of the Black grille.

OP
OP
mojavegraygladiator

mojavegraygladiator

First Name
G
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Do what I did, ordered the JT Rubi with the front cam and colour matched grille, order the black grille, switch out the grille then sell the colour matched grille. My dealer is going to "buy" it off me for the price of the Black grille.
Super confused LOL

BaHH

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Focus ST, 2004 Z06
Either option is cheaper to do aftermarket. Get the cam and Plasti-dip your grille or get the black grille and buy an aftermarket cam kit.

johnh442

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave, RAM 1500, Chevy SS
Occupation
Computer / Car Geek
There's a bunch of threads on the front cam. Want the best quality get the one stock. Its a huge deal to add the stock camera. You can get an aftermarket one that (sort of) works with the 8.4" screen as the "cargo cam" with lower quality. IMO the factory front cam is the best way and I regret I didn't get it -- thought it would be easy to add.

Sponsored

OP
OP
mojavegraygladiator

mojavegraygladiator

First Name
G
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
He is saying to get the camera with the truck in whatever grille color they make you get with the cam, and then swap the grille later.

It is going to be a lot less headache to swap the grille.
Yeah but will still need to wire it and all that right?