Something... something... software.

MonkeySkunks

First Name
Nik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR, 2016 Odyssey
Got a response, 372 was all trim levels. Fairly rare Jeep we drive.
Jeep Gladiator GECKO GREEN Gladiator Club Number of Gecko Rubicons.JPG

If that is evenly distributed across the country there are roughly 7 or 8 per state. I saw two this morning not including mine so I may have seen almost half the Gecko Gladiators in my state on my morning commute today.

Last edited:

Jocww

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Website
thewongwindingroad.blogspot.com
Vehicle(s)
73 Fj40 lq9 on 38s 2021 JTRD Gecko Green on 37s
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Flight Instructor
Jeep Gladiator GECKO GREEN Gladiator Club Number of Gecko Rubicons.JPG

If that is evenly distributed across the country there are roughly 7 or 8 per state. I saw two this morning not including mine so I may have seen almost half the Gecko Gladiators in my state on my morning commute today.
Well I have one of those too. So lets find the other 371 owners

Sponsored

49Truck

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1949 Jeep Truck
Occupation
Tool Maker
Jeep Gladiator GECKO GREEN Gladiator Club covers5-

I'm shocked the number is this low. I'm very happy with that low number. Thanks for checking
that out. Now let's hope they don't bring the color back because it is such a low number. Not
for about 10 years anyway. My opinion only. I like being different.

Syndula

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Engineer
Jeep Gladiator GECKO GREEN Gladiator Club covers5-

Thank you for getting that information, I am surprised the number is so low but am excited to have gotten my hands on one.

MonkeySkunks

First Name
Nik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR, 2016 Odyssey
372 seems way too low to be correct but it's possible considering the circumstances surrounding Gecko.
  • Up until orders for the JLs opened up nobody was even sure that Gecko was anything more than a rumor. Gecko JT orders opened up months after the model year is usually ended.
  • Orders closed before they started manufacturing them so nobody really knew about them unless you had a connection or were on this or similar boards. You didn't see one on a lot and think "I'd like one of those."
  • There were issues about what the actual color would look like (thanks Jeep Marketing) and nobody was sure until the 1st JL photos showed up but even then some people thought the JT would be a different color. Nobody really knew for sure what the color would be until months after orders had closed when the 1st JT showed up in Gecko.
  • They opened up for orders and were built during covid/chip shortage and generally the biggest automotive shortage in recent history. They shut the plant down a few times while they were being manufactured. I'm surprised that dealers were able to order any at all. This is when they only had two or three new vehicles on every car lot in the country. The very limited number of them might be why dealerships were able to order them so the color run would be worth Jeep's time. I don't think any dealership cared what they were ordering at the time as long as they could get it in their lot.
All that being said, it does seem like they might consider opening Gecko back up at the end of this MY because it came out in such a strange time and sold so few.

Hopefully, they assume it's a shit color that nobody wants and they write it off forever. Jeep, if you're reading this: GECKO IS A HORRIBLE COLOR THAT NOBODY WANTS....EVER!

Sponsored

rtjeepman

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon, 2017 Jeep Cherokee TH
Occupation
Respiratory Therapist
Jeep Gladiator GECKO GREEN Gladiator Club PXL_20220408_185643016

Wow. That is a very plausible number since they were offered for such a short period at the end of the ordering window. That makes for a small, tight community of Gecko Gladiators that we are part of. Thank you for inquiring about those numbers. I feel like we were all curious.