GECKO GREEN Gladiator Club

Larry D

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator on order
372 seems way too low to be correct but it's possible considering the circumstances surrounding Gecko.
  • Up until orders for the JLs opened up nobody was even sure that Gecko was anything more than a rumor. Gecko JT orders opened up months after the model year is usually ended.
  • Orders closed before they started manufacturing them so nobody really knew about them unless you had a connection or were on this or similar boards. You didn't see one on a lot and think "I'd like one of those."
  • There were issues about what the actual color would look like (thanks Jeep Marketing) and nobody was sure until the 1st JL photos showed up but even then some people thought the JT would be a different color. Nobody really knew for sure what the color would be until months after orders had closed when the 1st JT showed up in Gecko.
  • They opened up for orders and were built during covid/chip shortage and generally the biggest automotive shortage in recent history. They shut the plant down a few times while they were being manufactured. I'm surprised that dealers were able to order any at all. This is when they only had two or three new vehicles on every car lot in the country. The very limited number of them might be why dealerships were able to order them so the color run would be worth Jeep's time. I don't think any dealership cared what they were ordering at the time as long as they could get it in their lot.
All that being said, it does seem like they might consider opening Gecko back up at the end of this MY because it came out in such a strange time and sold so few.

Hopefully, they assume it's a shit color that nobody wants and they write it off forever. Jeep, if you're reading this: GECKO IS A HORRIBLE COLOR THAT NOBODY WANTS....EVER!
You can add it was so late in the year people were waiting to see what the 2022s would bring new.

49Truck

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1949 Jeep Truck
Occupation
Tool Maker
How many Mojaves in that equation?
Good question. "Sublime" posted a few threads back about tracking the Charger models down to specific options. Maybe Gladiators will get that type of information also? With the low 372 Gecko number, and options available, we will all have a pretty much 1 of a kind truck. That is amazing, and
awesome to me.

Sponsored

Billyrock

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hummer and Saturn Sky
Occupation
retired
Not getting our Gecko Gladiator we ordered. Way to fluorescent colored. Our dealer has mine and also another sitting on their lot they got this week. If interested in either here is the contact info:
Mark Fracalossi
General Sales Manager
Zimmerman Chrysler Dodge Jeep RAM
1435 MARKET ST
Sunbury, PA 17801
(800) 326-9311
http://www.zimmermanmotors.com/

If you would like to communicate via text message, Please message "Yes" to 570-300-7071

Thank you for all the help during this time. Appreciated more than you know.

SO I AM BACK!!!!! Who is the dealership that this group mentioned has the best deals? Now I am on the search for a Gobi Gladiator. Not sure on the wait times if ordered. Been out of the loop since this last post. Any help greatly appreciated!

MonkeySkunks

First Name
Nik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR, 2016 Odyssey
SO I AM BACK!!!!! Who is the dealership that this group mentioned has the best deals? Now I am on the search for a Gobi Gladiator. Not sure on the wait times if ordered. Been out of the loop since this last post. Any help greatly appreciated!
Gupton is one that many of us have bought from.

49Truck

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1949 Jeep Truck
Occupation
Tool Maker
Jeep Gladiator GECKO GREEN Gladiator Club 20220514_111408
Visit with the brother in law over weekend.
Real deal farmer, one of the best in central Illinois .
impromptu photo shoot after a few cold ones.

These pictures are fantastic. What a nice Farm too. You have enough pics to make a nice calendar now! You are helping me get motivated to get some pictures myself. My last one is
with the truck still out in the snow. Take care.

Sponsored