First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suburban
Occupation
Trooper
Hello all I need help. I am about to drop the hammer on a new gladiator. I'm having a problem deciding between the Mojave and Rubicon. I'm not a rock climber not saying that I'll never do it. Mostly trail cut corners fields and mud, lots of mud. Trailering 16' enclosed trailer full of waterfowl decoys and equipment. Help
Any suggestions or input
Sponsored

CerOf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21 JTRD
Mojave, I think, has a lower tow rating. It’s suspension is softer and more plush from what I’ve read. Drive both and go with what drives the best to you.
For me, that was a diesel rubicon.

CJ5w4wdSmokyOnMyTail

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave JT; 2016 Cherokee
Hello all I need help. I am about to drop the hammer on a new gladiator. I'm having a problem deciding between the Mojave and Rubicon. I'm not a rock climber not saying that I'll never do it. Mostly trail cut corners fields and mud, lots of mud. Trailering 16' enclosed trailer full of waterfowl decoys and equipment. Help
Any suggestions or input
I have the Mojave. I think it depends on how much your tow load weighs. I bought the Mojave for the suspension, reinforced frame, hydraulic bump stops, etc. Mojave may not be the better tow vehicle, though.

wvuviv30

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JTO
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Live Sound Engineer - Meerkat Sound
If your not going rock-crawling... why not look at the Sport S and/or Overland?

I'm unsure how much you're 16' enclosed trailer weighs, but this might push me into a full size truck. (I know 16' is a tandem axle with a GVWR of 7k lbs)

stingrey

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JTR, '15 Range Rover
Occupation
Civil Eng
"...fields and mud, lots of mud..."

Rubi F/R lockers might come in handy for you.

If you're not climbing rocks or driving 60mph through the dunes then these 2 factors don't really matter.

Sponsored

Green_Gladiator

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Mojave, 22 NX350 F-Sport
Occupation
Commercial HVAC
Im in FL .. Mostly beach, mud, dirt road washboard type scenarios and DD so Mojave was my pick .. Excited from what people say is a comfortable ride compared to the Rubi .. Towing for my needs should be fine .. A little squat for temporary hauls I'm not concerned with ... 🍻

Choatecav

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Sales
I have just gone through this same thought process as to which one to go with. I finally made my decision two days ago and went with the Mojave. While the Rubicon excels in rock crawling and the rigors of that sport, I liked the fact that the Mojave works better in softer materials (ie. sand, mud, loose gravel, etc.) at high speeds. Thus it's high rating for desert racing. Also, this seems to measure out for a smoother and more controllable ride on the highway, too.

Larry D

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator on order
Any suggestions or input
It was fairly simple for me, I wanted the diesel. And only one of them was available with it.
Sponsored