Sponsored

Thinking of getting a Gladiator. Sport or Mojave?

Minty JL

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 XC90 - 23 JTM - 19 JLUR - 04 355 ZQ8
Occupation
USA(R), DoD Field Ops Engineer
Mojave FTW, rides like a damn Cadillac compared to a Rubicon.

If you need a serious tow rig, its one of the trucks from the Big 3.

We buy jeeps for off road and open top fun.
Sponsored

joeym7

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mojave, 2003 Cadalac STS
Occupation
Retired
Use to have a Wrangler but had to trade it in to get a more family vehicle for road trips. Loved the coolness, the ruggness, and everything that came with the Wrangler (outside of road noise on highway, roughness on long trips, etc).

However, my wife now has a 3 row SUV for the family with all the bells and whistles and I am in the market again.

Since I don't need a top of the line truck with all of the coolest technology, I am looking at a Gladiator. I want the bed for utility and towing. This is mainly going to be a utility vehicle, not for road trips, but just there for when we need it.

My question is should I just go Sport S and build how I want it or just straight go to Mojave because I love how it looks and the upgraded suspension, tries, seats, etc.

I love the idea of starting from scratch and building one how I want it but I am unsure if it is worth it ($$$$, warranty, etc)

Anyone have experience or advice on this?

Thanks
If you plan to do your own upgrades to suspension and what not, get the Sport. If not get the Mojave....I am in the latter camp, got mine a year ago and couldn't be more happy with it...It is ready to go NOOB, Plug and Play, on road and off road...The Highway ride is sweet (X-wind noise which ALL gladiators get some). In the Wild it is the most versatile (all around) most capable off-roader Jeep makes (stock)...Only rival is the Rubicon (another find model NOOB), but Rubicon optimizes for serious Rock Crawling (if that is what you are interested in an awesome choice), but Mojave beats it some in almost any other type of terrain.

Enjoy the ride....

Pickles85

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport S Max Tow, Grand Cherokee L
I recent was in your situation and went with Sport S Max Tow because I do more hauling and towing then off roading. The only real off road driving it will see is the beach. I am very happy with my decision.

mpsoldier

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
LE
Drive both... That will help you decide...

Me? Wife did not wanted me to get a Jeep Wrangler/Gladiator... We managed to go of a test drive after dropping off another car for service... I kid you not, before the test drive, she was like "you know I do not like how Jeeps ride...plus I had a bad experience in one... wah wah wah wah..." We went to test drive a Jeep JLU Rubicon and the Gladiator (at the time, I did not have one on mind... was going to drive a Rubicon Gladiator as well)....

We saw the gray Mojave and I was sold on looks... but did not say anything... We test drove a green Gladiator Mojave first, drove for a few miles then I stopped and we switched places...

IMG_9092 (1).jpeg

Ride quality was so good that it was my wife that told me "Honey, you need to buy this Jeep. It is nothing like I remembered..."

I did not hesitate... we got to the dealer and told the sales guy, give me the gray one right now! 🤣

C0C50BA3-DCB2-400A-8EC6-924F0DBB2E64.jpg

A40D9802-14EC-475D-9BB1-0267ED351036.jpg

In my case, I do not plan to make any changes to suspension and whatnot... Only will install pizza cutter tires when the time comes... that is it.

So yeah... drive both and then decide.
I bought this exact same JT in December. Got a great deal because the dealer posted the ad without their mark-up, basically a tad over invoice. This is my 1st new Jeep. I e owned CJ5 and 7 in the past.

Chief_jeep

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Ecodiesel
Occupation
Real Estate Agent
I think it depends on how much of a build you want to do. If you are considering going to one ton axles, then in my opinion, you should start with a sport s. If you don’t want tons and you don’t care about a front locker then the Mojave is by far the best. Comes with fox 2.5s so no need to upgrade the shocks. I’m biased as I started with a sport s, loaded it up with most of the factory options and then put a Dana 60/70 in and went from there. I knew where I wanted to end up so no reason to waste money on a rubicon/Mojave just to rip out the Dana 44.
Sponsored