Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Occupation
Delivery Driver
My 2021 Max toe was awful off the lot. It was seriously scary to drive at 70. Corners felt like the thing was going to spin out. I Lowered the tire pressure immediately and it was still terrible. I tossed the shitty AT tires and added the mopar lift lcas and clayton springs. It is amazing now. But it was seriously terrible in stock form. Like barely driveable at speed. I dunno if that was specific to the max tow or what.
Nope. Many happy Max Tow owners without any problems. Did you take it to the dealership and have them look at the problem before fixing it yourself?
Sponsored

JET_83

Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator Overland
My 2021 Max toe was awful off the lot. It was seriously scary to drive at 70. Corners felt like the thing was going to spin out. I Lowered the tire pressure immediately and it was still terrible. I tossed the shitty AT tires and added the mopar lift lcas and clayton springs. It is amazing now. But it was seriously terrible in stock form. Like barely driveable at speed. I dunno if that was specific to the max tow or what.
I'm with you the ATs suck, couldn't give me the Falkens, garbage tire!

GJC501

First Name
Gaetan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Texas Trail
Occupation
Analyst
As mentioned in other posts, drive one and judge for yourself.
Remember that a solid axle will never drive like an independent suspension. I have noticed that tire pressure and frequent balancing helps with the slight movement on Hwy.
If not happy, upgrading the steering dampener might help diminishing the “wandering.”

Last edited:

Eaglebob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator High Altitude
My H A is the Cadillac of Jeeps. Just pulled a 5x10 single axel trailer 1200 miles, many times single hand. Heard the rumors about Jeeps wiggling down the highway, not my Glad.

tommyp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sport S Max Tow
Nope. Many happy Max Tow owners without any problems. Did you take it to the dealership and have them look at the problem before fixing it yourself?
Nope. I knew I wasnt keeping any of the max tow stuff anyway and figured it was mostly the crappy tires and caster. If swaping out everything basicly didnt fix it I would have But there was no point when front LCAs, track bars shocks and springs were getting replaced anyway.

It wasn’t terrible under 70 so i just drove it slower as the ATs wore in a bit it got better but was never what i would call good. Once everything got swapped out it is super sure footed now at any reasonable speed.
Sponsored