Thinking hard about buying a gladiator, some advice please

futzin'

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JTR, '15 Durango Citadel, '06 Suburban 2500 8L
Its a 25BH. We love it as well. Seems to be a perfect size to support my family, have all the needs covered and still be towable with the Gladiator. My only wish was that we had an outdoor kitchen like some of the newer ones.
No kids, no outdoor kitchen = huge bathroom in this thing. Already had a bunch of Camp Chef gear anyway.
Two doors and full length awning, love it!
Enjoy yours, they are darn good units. We don't travel with ours like you are.

Jeep Gladiator Thinking hard about buying a gladiator, some advice please 20180615_145519

Sorry for the hijack, OP!
Sponsored

Phljeeper

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
I work
Vehicle Showcase
No kids, no outdoor kitchen = huge bathroom in this thing. Already had a bunch of Camp Chef gear anyway.

Jeep Gladiator Thinking hard about buying a gladiator, some advice please 20180615_145519

Nice looking rig for sure!

danielspivey

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 MAX TOW MAX TOW MAX TOW, 4.10s w 1583 payload
Hey everyone,

a little back story, I just found out recently that I am a Jeep person. I surprised my wife for her 40th birthday with a new 2019 Wrangler sport S unlimited. She has always wanted one but wanted to wait until our kids were a little order to get one. After driving it and riding in it For the past few months I have fallen in love with it. I currently have a 2019 F150 that is very nice. It’s been a great truck but now seems very boring to me. I went and test drove a gladiator today and it has more get up and go than I expected. I was pleasantly surprised with the power and the ride quality. I am concerned about going to a smaller truck. I do haul my atv in the bed of my truck and I’m not sure if it will fit in the gladiator. It’s a Polaris 570. I also tow our camper which weighs about 5000 pounds. I know what the Towing capabilities are of the Gladiator. I guess I am just hesitant and need some advice/reassurance/opinions. Thanks
your issue Is going to be payload and bedsize. I have two Honda ranchers, one will fit w the tail gate down. Your Polaris is probably 750-800 w gas, your tt tongue weight will be around 600. I don’t know how much you weight but at 200 your already over payload...

danielspivey

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

20180615_145519.jpg

I agree bigger the camper the better... leave the atv at home. mine is about 6600 loaded!

9A5B5BCA-E5E6-461C-86DE-05DE3C5ED625.jpeg

Sponsored

Phljeeper

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
I work
Vehicle Showcase
I agree bigger the camper the better... leave the atv at home. mine is about 6600 loaded!

9A5B5BCA-E5E6-461C-86DE-05DE3C5ED625.jpeg
Wow. That’s a big trailer. I have to assume that is well beyond the weight limit when loaded with gear. How does it tow?

danielspivey

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wow. That’s a big trailer. I have to assume that is well beyond the weight limit when loaded with gear. How does it tow?
Naw, it’s 6000 dry, 6600 with all our stuff Per scale. Tongue weight is around 700-725.

my max towing is 8133 w my max tow and payload is 1583.

the key is have the wdh w sway set up right. My front and rear fender height ratios are the exact same loaded Vs unloaded...sits perfectly level. If I didn’t use the wdh ... front would be 4-5 inches higher!

kelkolb

First Name
Kelley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
Naw, it’s 6000 dry, 6600 with all our stuff Per scale. Tongue weight is around 700-725.

my max towing is 8133 w my max tow and payload is 1583.

the key is have the wdh w sway set up right. My front and rear fender height ratios are the exact same loaded Vs unloaded...sits perfectly level. If I didn’t use the wdh ... front would be 4-5 inches higher!
But how many people and how much gear in the truck? Every bit of what you add in there counts against that max number. You’ve gotta be just about at max all in. Have you scaled the combined weight of truck and trailer?

danielspivey

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
But how many people and how much gear in the truck? Every bit of what you add in there counts against that max number. You’ve gotta be just about at max all in. Have you scaled the combined weight of truck and trailer?
we have two kids and two dogs, my wife follows with them in the Highlander. It was easier than messing with a cab on the gladiator. Your right though, did the math with the payload and was cutting it close!

I don’t have a ton of crap on the gladiator w me, a small grill, extra propane tank and some tools. Maybe 100 lbs. I weight about 170

Rubicon28

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Hey everyone,

a little back story, I just found out recently that I am a Jeep person. I surprised my wife for her 40th birthday with a new 2019 Wrangler sport S unlimited. She has always wanted one but wanted to wait until our kids were a little order to get one. After driving it and riding in it For the past few months I have fallen in love with it. I currently have a 2019 F150 that is very nice. It’s been a great truck but now seems very boring to me. I went and test drove a gladiator today and it has more get up and go than I expected. I was pleasantly surprised with the power and the ride quality. I am concerned about going to a smaller truck. I do haul my atv in the bed of my truck and I’m not sure if it will fit in the gladiator. It’s a Polaris 570. I also tow our camper which weighs about 5000 pounds. I know what the Towing capabilities are of the Gladiator. I guess I am just hesitant and need some advice/reassurance/opinions. Thanks

Be very careful.... I bought the new launch edition and it was stolen out of my driveway ... no keys needed.
It was first thought it was done with an amplifier ( picks up signal of your fabs in the House) , but now it looks like they hacked it through Sirius .
The police have not Ben able to get. Ping or location since the moment it left the drive.

Gone in less than 69 seconds in the middle of the day .!!!!!
Furious with Uconnect!!
Think before you buy!!

Sponsored

Phljeeper

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
I work
Vehicle Showcase
Be very careful.... I bought the new launch edition and it was stolen out of my driveway ... no keys needed.
It was first thought it was done with an amplifier ( picks up signal of your fabs in the House) , but now it looks like they hacked it through Sirius .
The police have not Ben able to get. Ping or location since the moment it left the drive.

Gone in less than 69 seconds in the middle of the day .!!!!!
Furious with Uconnect!!
Think before you buy!!
Wow. That’s terrible to hear. I hope your insurance covered you.
Most new vehicles these days are online connected and the security in place is weak for sure. The positive for Chrysler (and many other manufacturers) is that they pay rewards to security researchers (off duty pen testers and other cyber professionals) to test their security controls. They paid me a few thousand for providing them with a risk I identified on my WK2 GC.

maxpower220

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR (Sold), 2020 F150 Powerstroke
Your Atv is not going to fit. Your camper is right at a comfortable limit for towing. If you tow either a lot, you will miss the f150. Maybe look at a Raptor.
If you only tow occasionally, the JT is fun and could work for you

TrailHiker

First Name
Denny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator JT Sport S, Black 1946 CJ 2A
Sorry to hear about your JT getting stolen. While you can remote start through Sirius, you still can not drive it without the key fob sender in the vehicle, so they mist if had its code too somehow. Sounds like you were targeted from the start, and not a random hit. I have Sirius remote start disabled, to reduce a chance of someone using this theft option.
cheers

OP
OP
Jobofly

Jobofly

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU, 2022 JTM
I ended up getting a sport s with max tow. Love this truck. Plenty of room in the back seat for my kids and dog. I need up selling my camper so if we end up getting a new one next year I’ll try to keep it under 5000 loaded. Still unsure on the ate in the bed.

Gdog2000

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 RUBICON Gladiator 2002 36 ft Monaco Windsor
Occupation
Electrical Inspector
My 2020 Rubicon with my 18 Honda Foreman fits no problem

22C49DBF-352C-4376-A5AC-4CCA55E0C6DB.jpeg

729A3503-13F0-4B84-BA83-EB6FCA283623.jpeg