Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Occupation
Delivery Driver
I've thought about this one because it makes no sense. I think it's because it makes them sit up a hair higher and the tires look a little bigger. It's obvious that one of the key selling points for a Jeep is ride height and tire size. They eek out just a little bit more jeep appeal on the lot by overinflating the tires.
Also to prevent flat spots when transporting.
Sponsored

MonkeySkunks

First Name
Nik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR, 2016 Odyssey
Also to prevent flat spots when transporting.
Are they transported for longer than an average weekend sitting in the garage? I didn't get the impression they were transported that long and every other car manufacturer seems to not have any issue with it. Or do dealerships at other manufacturers drop the pressure in prep?

Dryfly24

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon, 2016 Indian Springfield
Occupation
Retired and loving it
“I’ve owned a JLU and JT Rubicon before this and both rode better but my JT Rubicon rode the best between it and the Mojave.”

“You do know that the higher the lift the worse”
Did you quote yourself then contradict Your own post?

Jeep Gladiator Thinking of buying a Gladiator 1647014507771

JET_83

Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator Overland
Did you quote yourself then contradict Your own post?

Jeep Gladiator Thinking of buying a Gladiator 1647014507771
nope, sure didn't I just said the Rubicon JT and JLU ride better than my Mojave, reading comprehension could serve you well.

Dryfly24

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired and loving it
nope, sure didn't I just said the Rubicon JT and JLU ride better than my Mojave, reading comprehension could serve you well.
Maybe writing comprehension would serve you better because if you read your own two quotes they sure do seem to contradict each other…🤣🤣🤣

By the way, you sure are touchy because I wasn’t even arguing with you - just so you know. All I did was ask you a question about something you yourself said…

Sponsored

JET_83

Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maybe writing comprehension would serve you better because if you read your own two quotes they sure do seem to contradict each other…🤣🤣🤣

By the way, you sure are touchy because I wasn’t even arguing with you - just so you know. All I did was ask you a question about something you yourself said…
actually you were being condescending which wasn't necessary and no I didn't contradict myself the JLU and the JT aren't the same, I simply stated the Rubicon trim in both rode the best a lot better than my rough riding mojave.

Dryfly24

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired and loving it
actually you were being condescending which wasn't necessary and no I didn't contradict myself the JLU and the JT aren't the same, I simply stated the Rubicon trim in both rode the best a lot better than my rough riding mojave.
The condescension was on you. And it’s ironic as you seem to be the one having a hard time with the reading comprehension.

Let me try to break it down for you. I‘m not arguing the subject matter or nature of your post at all. Read what I wrote again.

You quoted yourself saying the JT Rubi rode the best - which I agree with BTW - then immediately underneath that stated “You do know that the higher the lift the worse” as if confronting yourself with an opposing viewpoint.

If you still don’t get that, I don’t know what else I can say to clarify it. Maybe somebody else can jump in because I’m out…

JET_83

Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The condescension was on you. And it’s ironic as you seem to be the one having a hard time with the reading comprehension.

Let me try to break it down for you. I‘m not arguing the subject matter or nature of your post at all. Read what I wrote again.

You quoted yourself saying the JT Rubi rode the best - which I agree with BTW - then immediately underneath that stated “You do know that the higher the lift the worse” as if confronting yourself with an opposing viewpoint.

If you still don’t get that, I don’t know what else I can say to clarify it. Maybe somebody else can jump in because I’m out…
no, it was you by the GIF, and it was in reference to the mojave, the mojave has a higher lift by an inch, no contradiction here

Sponsored

tommyp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sport S Max Tow
My 2021 Max toe was awful off the lot. It was seriously scary to drive at 70. Corners felt like the thing was going to spin out. I Lowered the tire pressure immediately and it was still terrible. I tossed the shitty AT tires and added the mopar lift lcas and clayton springs. It is amazing now. But it was seriously terrible in stock form. Like barely driveable while cornering at speed. I dunno if that was specific to the max tow or what.

Last edited:

joeym7

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mojave, 2003 Cadalac STS
Occupation
Retired
I have a Mojave and the steering is spectacular. Not sure what the complaint might even be...

Yea, on the highway at speed and with decent cross-winds the tuck get pushed a little, but that has nothing to do with the steering it is because the cab is large and high analogous to a "sail" under certain conditions.

My STS Cadillac with the sun rood wide open, every once in a while will catch a cross wind because the sun roof is very large. Nothing to do with how it steers, like a freekin sports car ;-)..OK a sports sedan, world class back in its day.

FloridaMan655321

First Name
Lieutenant
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave, 1973 F-100 - both manual
Occupation
Lieutenant (not really)
If you are primarily driving on the highway, get a Ridgeline. I'm not joking, I had one before and it's great on the highway - plus you'll still have your full size truck for more heavy lifting.
With this said, I have a Mojave and I don't have much of an issue. I wouldn't ever say it's great on the highway, but I don't have much of a problem. I take it regularly on 2-3hr drives on the weekends at 80mph. I wouldn't go much faster, but the Mojave isn't horrible at that speed. The Ridgeline was much much better though....

DJPodratz

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport
Occupation
Retired
It does wander a bit. Not as bad as my 2005 Wrangler, but worse than my 2013 Frontier. Just pay attention and don't look while talk to your spouse and you will be fine.
Sponsored