Sponsored

Glad Grandpa Firecracker Red LE Build

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"
I’m very happy with mine! Really keeps the sides clean and free of rock chips! If your tires aren’t sticking out past the fenders the regular would probably be ok. I have the extra long ones too. Combined with the Rockslide Engineering Steps they do a great job and are easy to remove when I go wheeling!
Omg, they have wider AND longer ones? Going to be February's toughest decision by far.
Sponsored

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"

SleepyJeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mini Cooper S, Firecracker Red Gladiator LE
Omg, they have wider AND longer ones? Going to be February's toughest decision by far.
I bought the XL Longs as well. Just haven't installed it yet LOL. I figured I am going to lift it soon anyways so why get the shorter ones. Plus it is really not that much bigger but I feel like the other sizes would be smaller on a lifted Jeep.

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I bought the XL Longs as well. Just haven't installed it yet LOL. I figured I am going to lift it soon anyways so why get the shorter ones. Plus it is really not that much bigger but I feel like the other sizes would be smaller on a lifted Jeep.
if I get the XL long, i know i'm going to start hearing "Compensating" jokes.....lol

Sponsored

OP
OP
Pat2Alaska

Pat2Alaska

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Hydro-Blue Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
IT Jedi
I've removed the Decked System and am going to sell it. The Upper Decker is great protection and I can reach everything in the bed with it open. My loss is someone's gain. I'm selling the Decked System with 2 D Boxes and 3 Cross boxes for $800 and I'll help you install it when you pick it up. Decked System retails for $1149, D boxes retail is $50 ea, and Cross Boxes Retail is $40 ea.
DeckedReadyToGo.jpg
DeckedWithBoxes.jpg
Plug.jpg

theDECKEDguy

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tundra
I've removed the Decked System and am going to sell it. The Upper Decker is great protection and I can reach everything in the bed with it open. My loss is someone's gain. I'm selling the Decked System with 2 D Boxes and 3 Cross boxes for $800 and I'll help you install it when you pick it up. Decked System retails for $1149, D boxes retail is $50 ea, and Cross Boxes Retail is $40 ea.
DeckedReadyToGo.jpg
DeckedWithBoxes.jpg
Plug.jpg
:crying: Sad day my friend. Hope to get you back with a DECKED system soon!

TheITGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Ridgeline RTL-E, 2021 Toyota Rav4 Limit
Thanks for the note. You're company and product are top notch.
How did you like the Decked system while you had it installed? How well would you say the larger drawer would work for carrying things like grocery/Walmart bags or duffel bags & carry-on sized suit cases?

Sponsored

OP
OP
Pat2Alaska

Pat2Alaska

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
IT Jedi
How did you like the Decked system while you had it installed? How well would you say the larger drawer would work for carrying things like grocery/Walmart bags or duffel bags & carry-on sized suit cases?
I did carry a dufflebag in both sides. Can't be too stuffed. Suit cases would need to be small, even on the large side. Others probably ok. You could stop by in Le Mars sometime and check it out!
Decked1.jpg
Decked2.jpg

TheITGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Ridgeline RTL-E, 2021 Toyota Rav4 Limit
I did carry a dufflebag in both sides. Can't be too stuffed. Suit cases would need to be small, even on the large side. Others probably ok. You could stop by in Le Mars sometime and check it out!
Decked1.jpg
Decked2.jpg
Thanks for the feedback! I might just have to take you up on your offer if you still have them once this whole covid thing is over. :like:

SleepyJeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mini Cooper S, Firecracker Red Gladiator LE
DeckedReadyToGo.jpg
DeckedWithBoxes.jpg
Plug.jpg
Why are you selling it? My take on it is that even though it looks really nicely built, it takes up a lot of space and the space we get in return is really diminished.... This is obviously me looking in from far away... I would like to know why you are selling it? Any particular reason why you don't like the setup?

OP
OP
Pat2Alaska

Pat2Alaska

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
IT Jedi
Why are you selling it? My take on it is that even though it looks really nicely built, it takes up a lot of space and the space we get in return is really diminished.... This is obviously me looking in from far away... I would like to know why you are selling it? Any particular reason why you don't like the setup?
I bought it, then I found the Upper Decker hard tonneau. I have both now and found I have full protection of the entire bed with the hard cover and can reach everywhere when it is opened. Taking out the Decked System gives me more useable space in the bed.