First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 JKU X, 1979 Tenth Anniversary Trans Am, 2020 Gobi Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Retired
... Of course we took the JT since the girls no longer want to ride in the Pilot ...
Big Bend Explorations, Jan 20, CM_1528, Drive to Guale.jpg

Image by Chris Moxley in Big Bend Ranch State Park, TX
Sponsored

Br4hm4

First Name
Grant
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT OE, 2016 Polaris Slingshot, 2012 Kia Sportage, 2018 Nissan LEAF
Occupation
Linux Engineer
I have had 1 person stop and talk to me about the Gladiator...it was another Gladiator owner. He chased me down to a Target parking lot and said "I just never see any of these on the road, just wanted to say hi." We talked a bit and then we went on our ways. The Gladiator has been really tame vs all the conversations, comments, picture requests, and any type of communication I have had since owning my Slingshot.

HorneyBadger

First Name
Samuel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Sport, 2022 JT Rubicon
Occupation
Performance Analyst
YUP, everyone loves it and wants to talk about it except the wife. She drive a 2dr Sahara JK and calls mine the ugly butt monkey jeep!

uplandgunner

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Back in June I got it quite a bit, now not so much, but when I do get asked about it now it is usually a much more serious inquiry as in how capable vs competitors like the Toyota and other Jeeps.

Sponsored

eaglerugby04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gator Rubicon Gladiator, Toyota Prius, Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Network Security
My wife flew in from Munich the other day, so my daughters and I took a trip to JFK to pick here up. Of course we took the JT since the girls no longer want to ride in the Pilot (I use 'we will take the Honda' as a threat now). Waiting outside the international terminal we got a lot of looks. One guy crossing in front of us in the zebra just dead stopped with his rolling bag to study the truck.

I also drove my younger daughter to school the other day. They have one of those Mr. Mom style systems where you wait in line, drive up, teachers are waiting to welcome the kids. My daughter jumped out with the groundhog in her hands, strapped him into his spot in the back seat. Of course she was beaming as all of the other kids were watching. One of the phys-ed teachers got a real chuckle out of the groundhog.
My twins are the same way! They get mad if I take anything but the JT! Thats hilarious with the groundhog, I get looks as my 5 year old struggles to jump out of my JT in the painful drop off line.

Klutch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1986 Jeep Comanche, 2000 Jeep Cherokee
Feeling a bit inadequate. Nobody has ever aske me about my JT. I just got the groundhog plush yesterday. Maybe that will attract curiousity.

Jeeperjamie

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
Weyerhaeuser
Vehicle Showcase
YUP, everyone loves it and wants to talk about it except the wife. She drive a 2dr Sahara JK and calls mine the ugly butt monkey jeep!
My wife and her friend from work say pretty much the same thing. My wife's friend drives a JKU and says JTs are the ugliest things ever made. She told me make up my mind, did I want a jeep or a truck and I told her, Hell I'll take both!!!! :CWL:

I have gotten a lot comments on the JT though, it's pretty much a daily conversation with someone somewhere, although not much different than my well built JKU was though.

NC_Overland

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Overland
I really can’t go anywhere without people stopping to ask me about it or staring, taking pics, etc. I’m haven’t had that since I got one of the first JKU Rubicons years ago. I’m glad I got the blind spot monitoring because cars are always hanging out there looking at it. It’s actually pretty cool. My fiancée talks about it too when she drives it. I’ve even had a few cops following me lately and I think they were just checking it out. I’ve only had it for two weeks.
Sponsored