Sponsored

Gladiator dual swing rear bumper prototype renderings.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jim1119

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator JT Overland
Sorry it is not quoting you for some reason. One more try.

Why not put the brake lights in the middle of those?
Sponsored

Jim1119

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator JT Overland
Sorry, can you clarify? In the middle of where?
I was trying to reply to this comment about two large spares and relocating the brake lights, but something went wrong.

Jeep Gladiator Gladiator dual swing rear bumper prototype renderings. 980A7A98-7D31-4DAD-BCF0-451F7DC63637

Sponsored

bryanklay

First Name
bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 ford bronco, 2020 jeep gladiator overland
Occupation
Retired C-141/C-130 FE. now, 9th grade math instr
i like the results so far. looking forward to seeing more. I will be the first one to ask the question. when and how much?
thank you and have a great day
Bryan K. Lay

ThatStinging_Jeep

First Name
Dylan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon In Sting Gray
Vehicle Showcase
Man im so excited for this,im still saving up for a lift kit and a belly pan for the truck since i want to keep my baby protected,but yeah :D,then im gonna buy a rear bumper since i atleast have a rear mopar steel bumper

Edit- its 10/23/2021 and i havent done any of that........instead i have gotten a new ecodiesel,done new headlights,bumper,MORE oilpan/tranny skid plate Red summit machineworks/fab diff covers,and a metalcloak level kit just sittin in my closet.....

Last edited:
OP
OP
JcrOffroad

JcrOffroad

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jcroffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
Sport S Max Tow - Firecracker Red
Will this reuse the factory led license plate lights? ( I hope)
It won't, we are providing a new LED lamp due to space restrictions with the flippable plate and hidden hitch.

Sponsored

bryanklay

First Name
bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 ford bronco, 2020 jeep gladiator overland
Occupation
Retired C-141/C-130 FE. now, 9th grade math instr
i like the picture. that bumper is what i am looking for.
thank you.
Bryan K. Lay

MotoBrad

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Subaru STi, 2001 BMW M5, 2014 Yamaha WR250R, 2010 BMW R1200R,
Occupation
Heavy Duty Mechanic
Love the design so far! I've been waiting for a swing out spare tire carrier that doesn't break the bank like Expedition one.

Will the towing capeabilities be affected by this integrated hitch design? is it as strong as the factory tow bar? I do tow regularly, but never more than 4500lbs. (due to my manual transmission). The Off road teardrop I'm planning on getting eventually is in the 2500lb to 3500lb. range.

I kind of like how the factory tow bar offers protection to the rear when coming down. Mine is all scraped up already, and it hits before my spare tire does, which is awesome. What would be the first point of contact with your bumper? I plan on still running a spare tire under the bed (I want 2 spares for long expeditions), and want it to remain somewhat protected.

Also, i LOVE the step cutout on rear corners, that is an awesome touch. Are those side protection pieces as strong as the factory Rubicon stuff?

Stoked to see pricing!

Cheers and keep up the great work

OP
OP
JcrOffroad

JcrOffroad

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jcroffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
Sport S Max Tow - Firecracker Red
Love the design so far! I've been waiting for a swing out spare tire carrier that doesn't break the bank like Expedition one.

Will the towing capeabilities be affected by this integrated hitch design? is it as strong as the factory tow bar? I do tow regularly, but never more than 4500lbs. (due to my manual transmission). The Off road teardrop I'm planning on getting eventually is in the 2500lb to 3500lb. range.

I kind of like how the factory tow bar offers protection to the rear when coming down. Mine is all scraped up already, and it hits before my spare tire does, which is awesome. What would be the first point of contact with your bumper? I plan on still running a spare tire under the bed (I want 2 spares for long expeditions), and want it to remain somewhat protected.

Also, i LOVE the step cutout on rear corners, that is an awesome touch. Are those side protection pieces as strong as the factory Rubicon stuff?

Stoked to see pricing!

Cheers and keep up the great work
The hitch is crazy strong. We aren't really high enough volume to justify getting it rated, but on paper, the forces are better managed than even the factory hitch. I use the same setup on my Tacoma with a ~4,500 camper and a weight-distribution hitch and it doesn't even flex a measurable amount.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.