Gladiator not designed for half doors?

NachoRuby

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JTR , '18 JLU, 73 VW Bug, 97 VW Jetta, all MTs
Kinda agree. All you really lose is the window frame. Yeah there slightly lower and curved but for $4k. Hum........
It's a less "scary" option to going doorless for some, and you can carry the uppers with you for the random rainstorm. Since I have A 3 year old, I'm not going doorless when she's with me. So I'm looking at half doors or trail doors. I think the half doors look great too. I'm leaning towards the half doors due to unpredictable weather. But then, the price of trail doors is enticing.
If I get half doors though, I'm getting the JCR ones. I'm not spending $4k.
Sponsored

B-RAD

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator (on order)
Occupation
Fleet Manager
It's a less "scary" option to going doorless for some, and you can carry the uppers with you for the random rainstorm. Since I have A 3 year old, I'm not going doorless when she's with me. So I'm looking at half doors or trail doors. I think the half doors look great too. I'm leaning towards the half doors due to unpredictable weather. But then, the price of trail doors is enticing.
I bought mine in October 2020 and was told that there is not a factory option for 1/2 doors. I went with these for $1,500 and had the aluminum screens painted to match GCM($600 installed and aligned including my Gladiator tailgate badging). Wish I had uppers to slap in when the weather turns.

BFB7D673-EEC8-408E-981B-7DBC8C5B6EDC.jpeg

1B29280F-01A2-49E0-BD0C-EB701026F362.jpeg

B0BDFE3A-EA37-409E-B025-63C645B1CD7D.jpeg

83324CFE-175F-40CF-AA54-5CAE64E1B210.jpeg

OrangeTJ

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 JKUS, 05 Dodge 2500 CTD
Kinda agree. All you really lose is the window frame. Yeah there slightly lower and curved but for $4k. Hum........
I can tell you that the feeling of half doors without uppers on my TJ was way way way more open than the full doors with just the windows down in our JK and also was more comfortable than going totally doorless, as it left a nice comfy spot to rest my left arm. I loved the half doors on my TJ, especially since I could just toss the uppers on the back the throw on in case it got rainy/stormy while I was out on the road. $4K is serious coin, though, if that's what they cost.

Willys2Gladiator

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Vehicle Showcase
This makes sense.

Samsons Wig

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
I'm still trying to make sense of this new part and if this is factory half doors (less paint) or not. Looks like it has everything you need minus the uppers and mirrors. I also assume you need four of these and the price is not for a pair.

https://store.mopar.com/oem-parts/m...yJnk9MjAyMSZ0PXJ1Ymljb24mZT0zLTZsLXY2LWdhcw==

Door Kit, Half Door, Black - Mopar (77072498ac)
2018-2021 Jeep - 77072498ac
Painting is required.. This product replaces 77072498AB. Half door kits are complete with hinges and all door components. Also available are kits for the upper soft windows, door panels and exterior door mirrors. Mopar® has created a kit that will allow you to build half doors for your Jeep® Wrangler.

Sale Price:$1,195.00

Sponsored

ilmostro

First Name
Angus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JTR
I'm still trying to make sense of this new part and if this is factory half doors (less paint) or not. Looks like it has everything you need minus the uppers and mirrors. I also assume you need four of these and the price is not for a pair.

https://store.mopar.com/oem-parts/mopar-door-kit-half-door-black-77072498ac?c=Zz1leHRlcmlvciZzPWFwcGVhcmFuY2UmbD0zJm49U2VhcmNoIFJlc3VsdHMmYT1qZWVwJm89Z2xhZGlhdG9yJnk9MjAyMSZ0PXJ1Ymljb24mZT0zLTZsLXY2LWdhcw==

Door Kit, Half Door, Black - Mopar (77072498ac)
2018-2021 Jeep - 77072498ac
Painting is required.. This product replaces 77072498AB. Half door kits are complete with hinges and all door components. Also available are kits for the upper soft windows, door panels and exterior door mirrors. Mopar® has created a kit that will allow you to build half doors for your Jeep® Wrangler.

Sale Price:$1,195.00

I'm pretty sure these are for the tube doors. 77072498AB is a tube door part number.

Samsons Wig

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks - that's what I was afraid of. The note about soft windows threw me off, as you wouldn't put those on tube doors.

Trippin01

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus RX450h, 23' Supra
Occupation
Deputy Sheriff & Retired Army
Vehicle Showcase
On an older, classic CJ, hell yeah. I'm seeing the constrictions of the 139" wheel base as I get more and more into wheeling. So now I am keeping my eyes peeled for an older jeep to fix up or a serious buggy for rock crawling. Happy trails!
Sponsored