Sponsored

Gladiator or another brand for a work truck?

India-ThreeZeroThree

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JT Sport, 1995 YJ Cummins R2.8
Occupation
Retired slug. Drive RVs to Alaska
I don't follow your logic.

Trailer rental owners determine what is a real truck? Why do I have to prepare to have my feelings hurt? Why does it have to be a YJ rolling chassis?

Does hauling 1,000 lb of deck boards meet the standard of these trailer rental owners that determine what a truck is? Honest question
I used a F150 to reserve it and when I went to pick it up I got crap. Until I showed him a pic of the YJ, no body on the frame and they ok it. I get the whole liability thing but a Gladiator falls way short for industrial work. Like the guy above said as a supervisor vehicle, probably does great. TBH it was a heavy trailer empty

183096EF-6747-4A67-A2B5-718F217EDB4C.jpeg
Sponsored

redriderjf87

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
saltmustflow.com
Vehicle(s)
'21 JT, '81 Z-28, '18 TW200, '72 CT 175
Occupation
Electrical Controls Engineer
I used a F150 to reserve it and when I went to pick it up I got crap. Until I showed him a pic of the YJ, no body on the frame and they ok it. I get the whole liability thing but a Gladiator falls way short for industrial work. Like the guy above said as a supervisor vehicle, probably does great. TBH it was a heavy trailer empty
I've had good experiences with anything up to the weight limits, like other trucks I've had. There's lots of truck stuff you can do to get up to those limits. Of course a bigger truck is going to have bigger limits generally.

Doesn't really matter if someone labels it as "supervisory", "industrial", "cargo capable Jeep", or "mid-size truck".

India-ThreeZeroThree

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JT Sport, 1995 YJ Cummins R2.8
Occupation
Retired slug. Drive RVs to Alaska
I've had good experiences with anything up to the weight limits, like other trucks I've had. There's lots of truck stuff you can do to get up to those limits. Of course a bigger truck is going to have bigger limits generally.

Doesn't really matter if someone labels it as "supervisory", "industrial", "cargo capable Jeep", or "mid-size truck".
Would you call a El Camino or Ranchero a truck?

I just remembered we lived in Saudi when I was a kid and my dad worked for Aramco. He had an El Camino as a work vehicle. He was a project supervisor . A need to find that pic

46638BBD-A051-4082-96F6-09F2AF4C0DFA.jpeg

redriderjf87

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
saltmustflow.com
Vehicle(s)
'21 JT, '81 Z-28, '18 TW200, '72 CT 175
Occupation
Electrical Controls Engineer
Yeah for sure. I'd say the same for a Chevy LUV, S-10, and Ford Ranger, etc.
Sponsored

Last edited: