Sponsored

Gladiator Rear Bumper with Tire Carrier?

Jim1119

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator JT Overland
I hope that rendering isn't the final draft. That spindle location is problematic for a tailgate.
Yeah I’m sure it’s far away. However, I’ve been researching the hell out of this and Jcr Offroad should be releasing one within a month I hope. Similar to this, not sure of the price but hopefully it’s close.

Jeep Gladiator Gladiator Rear Bumper with Tire Carrier? 1587656524221

JcrOffroad

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jcroffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
Sport S Max Tow - Firecracker Red

Sponsored

msujedi

First Name
Jed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Sport S, 2014 Durango, 2020 Ibis Ripley
Vehicle Showcase
Screen Shot 2019-12-25 at 9.13.31 AM.png

Their hitch seems to be quite low (?)
The 'low' tow receiver makes the already poor departure angle even worse. I'd like a bumper like this ... but with an integrated tow receiver. An integrated one could be about 3" higher than the factory one.

Anyone know of such a bumper?

I'd like to avoid this ...

Last edited:

Jim1119

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator JT Overland
The 'low' tow receiver makes the already poor departure angle even worse. I'd like a bumper like this ... but with an integrated tow receiver. An integrated one could be about 3" higher than the factory one.

Anyone know of such a bumper?

I'd like to avoid this ...
Jcr Off-road is about to release theirs to the market. Hitch is integrated into the bumper.

JcrOffroad

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jcroffroad.com
Vehicle(s)

msujedi

First Name
Jed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase

Sponsored

LaterGator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gator Gladiator
I am very interested to see how the hitch receiver is configured. Where will the safety chains connect? How much of a drop hitch is needed to tow a conventional trailer with a ball hitch. How much higher is the receiver than the stock configuration.

Have you researched license plate display laws, regarding the flipping of the tag up with the hitch mounted in the receiver. In Texas it is not legal on-road because the tag is not viewable.

msujedi

First Name
Jed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I am very interested to see how the hitch receiver is configured. Where will the safety chains connect? How much of a drop hitch is needed to tow a conventional trailer with a ball hitch. How much higher is the receiver than the stock configuration.

Have you researched license plate display laws, regarding the flipping of the tag up with the hitch mounted in the receiver. In Texas it is not legal on-road because the tag is not viewable.
All good questions. Here are some related thoughts ... not necessarily answers or definite solutions.
-Might the flipped up license plate still be technically viewable, and not be in violation of the law in TX?
-Many trailers have a location for a license plate to be removed from the towing vehicle and mounted to the rear of the trailer.
-Could safety chains be connected to the recovery points on the bumper?

Regarding the height of the receiver, most bumpers work around the stock receiver for those who prefer that. I will drive off road without a trailer more often than I tow a trailer. For this reason, I prefer the trade off of using a drop hitch when needed in exchange for the improved departure angle due to a higher receiver.

Again, those are just some of my current thoughts ... not definitive answers by any means.

JeepRealtor

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.thekashatteam.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon Launch Edition (Bright White), 2019 Ford Expedition Limited Stealth Package (Magnetic)
Occupation
Realtor
Like it a lot, just wish it reused oem license plate lights or had its own lights on each side. Not a fan of that particular license plate light, had it in the past on previous setup. Considering this. I’m in West Bloomfield and have met the JCR crew in person, good guys.

JeepRealtor

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.thekashatteam.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon Launch Edition (Bright White), 2019 Ford Expedition Limited Stealth Package (Magnetic)
Occupation
Realtor
Thanks! So it's a dual swing-away design...

Jeep Gladiator Gladiator Rear Bumper with Tire Carrier? 100920571_296977241384809_7285124485477659839_n

And it looks like their base bumper has side rails integrated into it. I like that.

Jeep Gladiator Gladiator Rear Bumper with Tire Carrier? 100920571_296977241384809_7285124485477659839_n

Their hitch seems to be quite low (?)
Like this design a lot, just wish it had integrated hitch like the JCR.

JcrOffroad

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jcroffroad.com
Vehicle(s)

Safety chains attach underneath on a bracket. About 5-6" of drop over stock. We are going to be offering a way to mount the plate in the tire on the carrier as well. We have not researched local plate laws. If that is something that people are getting ticketed for in your area then this may not be for you. Not sure how they would be able to read the plate with a trailer behind the Jeep anyway though.
Sponsored