Gladiator rear creak when cold.

Gordo

First Name
Gord
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator, Wrangler and Caravan
I am in Canada and we get some cold days in the winter. When I drive over speed bumps or any transition from roadways when there is suspension movement my trucks sounds like and old 1970’s pick up.

told the dealership and their answer is it’s a truck it’s going to make some noises.

not the answer I wanted to hear, anyone else have the same problem or heard of a service bulletin about this ?
Sponsored

saintpauljeff

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Gladiator Rubi, '03 BMW Z4, '20 Mitsu OutSport
Occupation
Software Developer
I've heard creaking in suspension during cold days here as well. It's happened to all our vehicles irregardless of manufacturer.

BearDog

First Name
Johnnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Sport Max Tow. '20 H2SXSE+. RV-4 Airplane
Occupation
Machine Shop Manager
One culprit...

Grab a couple of wrenches and tighten the sway bar links.

jac04

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave, 2014 JKRX SWB
If it is suspension bushings, there isn't much that can be done as long as the hardware is torqued correctly. Take a look at them to make sure they are installed correctly and the rubber is not touching in areas where it is not supposed to.

Other than that, check your exhaust hangers - all 3 of them. Mine were super squeaky especially the colder they got. I removed them, and found that whatever assembly lube they used had dried out and made them squeaky. I cleaned them, then applied Danco Waterproof Silicone Grease (available at HD and Lowes) and re-installed them. No more squeaks.

Sponsored

YYC Gladiator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Sport S
My truck does the same when the temperature drops below -20C.

Mine is a 2022 Sport S. It has creaked when cold since ~4,000km. The truck has about 8,500km now.

ZoMojave

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTM (sold) '23 WL74
I have a suspension creak in the left rear on mine on real cold days. It's been doing this since I hit around 5k miles. I park in a heated shop overnight. Noise is gone in the morning.

Can't wait for spring!

OP
OP

Gordo

First Name
Gord
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator, Wrangler and Caravan
If it is suspension bushings, there isn't much that can be done as long as the hardware is torqued correctly. Take a look at them to make sure they are installed correctly and the rubber is not touching in areas where it is not supposed to.

Other than that, check your exhaust hangers - all 3 of them. Mine were super squeaky especially the colder they got. I removed them, and found that whatever assembly lube they used had dried out and made them squeaky. I cleaned them, then applied Danco Waterproof Silicone Grease (available at HD and Lowes) and re-installed them. No more squeaks.
Glad I am not the only one then.
Sponsored