Sponsored

Gladiator seats? Are they the same? Help!

Jeep24MA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Strictly between the Overland leather seats and the Willys Cloth seats. Besides the fabric are the actual seats the same underneath? I hear some say yes and some say foam could be different. Anyone know for sure? The reason is I’m thinking about the Willys and then adding leather to save money, but don’t want to sacrifice seat comfort (bad back) if the Overland has a better seat overall. I know the Mojave has extra bolsters, etc., but this is strictly between the Overland leather seats and Willys cloth seats. Thanks!!
Sponsored

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
I don't know if they are the same, but comfort - LOVE my Overland seats, among the best I have EVER sat in, and I'd say they rival the seats in my wife's WK2 - I think the seats in her Jeep are too hard although her 2021 WK2 seats are better than her 2018 was - those were hard.
I have bad back issues and I can sit in and drive my truck for hours without real problems.

OP
OP

Jeep24MA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
I don't know if they are the same, but comfort - LOVE my Overland seats, among the best I have EVER sat in, and I'd say they rival the seats in my wife's WK2 - I think the seats in her Jeep are too hard although her 2021 WK2 seats are better than her 2018 was - those were hard.
I have bad back issues and I can sit in and drive my truck for hours without real problems.
Thanks! Appreciate it.

Sorbs

First Name
Brian & Sunny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ram TRX, 2020 Gladiator LE
Vehicle Showcase
They are the same…

Sponsored

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
They are the same…
That would not surprise me - but leather can make seats feel different than cloth/fabric because one bends and flexes and stretches differently than the other.
But the underlying structure, shape, etc. being the same makes total sense.
One can always put leather on the cloth JT seats - even the dealer said that after my wife insisted on leather. I'm fine with either as my cars and WJ have fabric, her WK2 and my JT have leather.