Sponsored

Gladiator Taillights Now Available from Quake LED!

alphalife9

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Z51 C6
We still had to maintain that overall shape because the blind spot monitor has to be positioned in that specific spot.
Can you please describe how the blind spot monitoring works with these? Also, would these work on a JLU? I have LED tails with blind spot monitoring.

Thanks!
Sponsored

OP
OP
Mr Black

Mr Black

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Mr Black
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.quakeled.com
Vehicle(s)
2 X JL Rubs - JT Rub Gladiator.
Occupation
Sweat Shop Manger, Slum Lord and Break Dancer
Can you please describe how the blind spot monitoring works with these? Also, would these work on a JLU? I have LED tails with blind spot monitoring.

Thanks!
The blind spot monitoring device is transferred out of the factory taillight using 3 screws and mounts in our taillight. In order for it to function accurately it has to be aimed and positioned in the same exact way otherwise it could malfunction, which would render the system pointless.

These taillights are specific to a JT and are not compatible with a JL...BUT...you're in luck. I have a similar taillight designed for a JL, that has the sequential amber turn signal in "light hacker" mode and a really neat start up animation. It also has a mirrored/ zoomed in effect when it is on and can be found at this link:
https://www.quakeled.com/product/jeep-wrangler-jl-sequential-led-tail-lights

SkyKing

First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland
Hello Mr Black,
I’m interested in your taillight mod because of the amber turn signals. I tow my JT behind my motor coach which has amber turn signals. I’d prefer to have amber turn signals on the JT to match the coach when towing.

I purchased the MOPAR tow vehicle harness manufactured for the JL model which allows the use of the OEM taillight/turn signal system when connected to the coach. I modified the length of the harness to reach the JT taillights, it makes a nice clean setup.

After reviewing your installation video, for the non-plug and play mode, it’s apparent you’re using the third brake light circuit to power brake lights and feeding the sequential turn signal module from the front fender turn signals.
If I wanted to take full advantage of your lights for my situation I’d need to modify the “modified” side of the lights.
1) Proximity warning would be transferred to the new housing and remain unchanged.
2) Marker/running lights would remain unmodified in the new lights and powered by the JT system.
3) Brake lights would be connected to third brake light circuit and should work with the “tow vehicle” harness and OEM mode when driving the JT.
4) Amber Sequential Turn Signal: For regular JT driving, the fender turn signal power feed would need to be utilized using your included wiring harnesses.

It seems to me that in order to utilize the amber turn signal when towing the JT, I would need to bypass the turn signal input to the MOPAR tow vehicle harness and power the turn signals directly from the motor coach. Use of directional diodes would be required to prevent back feeding power through the motor coach turn signal wiring and the JT front fender circuit.

The only hang up could be the the motor coach turn signal input to the sequencing module. Will the module “fire” with a normal momentary power supply from the coach turn signal system?

OR

Will the Quake LED amber turn signal work without the “sequential module” as a regular turn signal?

I’m also assuming the daytime running light option for the Quake LED taillight would not work while being towed because it’s missing the power feed from the front fender lights.

Looks like you have a nice product line. I may be the only person on the planet earth with this particular use for the amber turn signal but I seriously doubt it... hopefully you can answer my questions.
Thanks, JK

OP
OP
Mr Black

Mr Black

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Mr Black
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.quakeled.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Hello Mr Black,
I’m interested in your taillight mod because of the amber turn signals. I tow my JT behind my motor coach which has amber turn signals. I’d prefer to have amber turn signals on the JT to match the coach when towing.

I purchased the MOPAR tow vehicle harness manufactured for the JL model which allows the use of the OEM taillight/turn signal system when connected to the coach. I modified the length of the harness to reach the JT taillights, it makes a nice clean setup.

After reviewing your installation video, for the non-plug and play mode, it’s apparent you’re using the third brake light circuit to power brake lights and feeding the sequential turn signal module from the front fender turn signals.
If I wanted to take full advantage of your lights for my situation I’d need to modify the “modified” side of the lights.
1) Proximity warning would be transferred to the new housing and remain unchanged.
2) Marker/running lights would remain unmodified in the new lights and powered by the JT system.
3) Brake lights would be connected to third brake light circuit and should work with the “tow vehicle” harness and OEM mode when driving the JT.
4) Amber Sequential Turn Signal: For regular JT driving, the fender turn signal power feed would need to be utilized using your included wiring harnesses.

It seems to me that in order to utilize the amber turn signal when towing the JT, I would need to bypass the turn signal input to the MOPAR tow vehicle harness and power the turn signals directly from the motor coach. Use of directional diodes would be required to prevent back feeding power through the motor coach turn signal wiring and the JT front fender circuit.

The only hang up could be the the motor coach turn signal input to the sequencing module. Will the module “fire” with a normal momentary power supply from the coach turn signal system?

OR

Will the Quake LED amber turn signal work without the “sequential module” as a regular turn signal?

I’m also assuming the daytime running light option for the Quake LED taillight would not work while being towed because it’s missing the power feed from the front fender lights.

Looks like you have a nice product line. I may be the only person on the planet earth with this particular use for the amber turn signal but I seriously doubt it... hopefully you can answer my questions.
Thanks, JK
SkyKing,

I apologize we are just now getting back to you, but we wanted to be certain with our answer and run it by our engineers as well. It seems that you have it mostly figured out however. 1,2,3,&4, are correct statements. It appears that you are right however and would have to run the amber turn signal off of the coach itself when towing as the Mopar tow harness doesn't activate the front turn indicators on the Jeep.

Diodes might be overkill as they are installed in our product as well, but if you have some lying around it wouldn't hurt to install them. The sequential module will not cause any problems with the momentary flash of the turn signal off of the coach. You do need this module though as the turn signal will not function with out it (it will not just flash like a regular turn signal).

The easiest way to accomplish this is to split the input wire for the sequential turn signal into two leads, so that it can get power from the front turn signal while driving normally, and get power from the motor coaches turn signal while towing.

If you would like you can always call us at 720 305 8979 and we could discuss in more detail, but it can be done and shouldn't be too difficult at all.

wiredup60

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator, 2012 Audi R8, 2018 Land Rover LR4
Has anyone installed these yet? I am thinking about ordering some. I have the stock halogens, ugh.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Mr Black

Mr Black

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Mr Black
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.quakeled.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Are the factory LED tail lights you removed for sale?
Unfortunately not...they are in pieces after undergoing surgery performed by our engineers and still need more time to recover.

Luckily we offer a badass taillight for the JT if you're in need lol ;)

Digger70

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator Altitude
Unfortunately not...they are in pieces after undergoing surgery performed by our engineers and still need more time to recover.

Luckily we offer a badass taillight for the JT if you're in need lol ;)
Do you think you'll still get mine shipped out this week? :sun:

Digger70

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Got a text notification from UPS this morning that my Quake LED Tail lights will be delivered 5/20. Looking forward to getting them.

Sponsored

Digger70

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mine arrived today and I got them installed. I like them. I'll take pics tomorrow.

OP
OP
Mr Black

Mr Black

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Mr Black
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.quakeled.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Mine arrived today and I got them installed. I like them. I'll take pics tomorrow.
Digger70,

Sweet! We are glad you got them, and the you like them! We apologize it did take us longer than expected to get them to you so we appreciate you patience, but hopefully it was worth it!

Looking forward to your photos, do you mind if we repost them on our social media when you share them?

Digger70

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Digger70,

Sweet! We are glad you got them, and the you like them! We apologize it did take us longer than expected to get them to you so we appreciate you patience, but hopefully it was worth it!

Looking forward to your photos, do you mind if we repost them on our social media when you share them?
Yeah, you can repost them. I put one on instagram and tagged quakeled in it. I'll get more pics.

quakeled1.png

OP
OP
Mr Black

Mr Black

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Mr Black
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.quakeled.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Yeah, you can repost them. I put one on instagram and tagged quakeled in it. I'll get more pics.

Jeep Gladiator Gladiator Taillights Now Available from Quake LED! quakeled1
Oh ya! Looking good! Which mode do you have them in, "standard," or "light-hacker?"