Sponsored

Turkeeslapper

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Sport
On 3/23 I said goodbye to "Gladis" my 2021, Sting-gray BASE Sport Gladiator (I mean BASE - manually everything little 5" radio display). I made some updates to her including some larger tires, led headlights, and a steal bumper.

Coming home from work, someone traveling the opposite direction took a curve at an extreme rate of speed, slamming into a guardrail and bouncing across the centerline and into my lane head on as I was traveling about 50 mph (not sure how fast she was going but believe it to be well over 50). "Gladis" was a tank! The Hyundai Santa Fe that hit me blew up into pieces while "Gladis" took the beating head on keeping me (only one in my car) COMPLETELY safe. I walked away with 0 injuries just some minor soreness!

I immediately began my search and found "Connie" a 2022 black leftover Rubicon with just about every bell and whistle - big change from my base sport! Since picking her up on 3/31, I had added: 35's, the steal bumper (MUST HAVE), some offroad lights, tint, Hooke trail doors, and today my tonneau cover arrives!

Jeep Gladiator Gladiator = Tank! IMG_3780.JPG

Jeep Gladiator Gladiator = Tank! MicrosoftTeams-image (5)
Jeep Gladiator Gladiator = Tank! MicrosoftTeams-image (4)
Jeep Gladiator Gladiator = Tank! IMG_3830.JPG
Sponsored

ATL_Rubi

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Caretaker to various super cars
Occupation
Sales
On 3/23 I said goodbye to "Gladis" my 2021, Sting-gray BASE Sport Gladiator (I mean BASE - manually everything little 5" radio display). I made some updates to her including some larger tires, led headlights, and a steal bumper.

Coming home from work, someone traveling the opposite direction took a curve at an extreme rate of speed, slamming into a guardrail and bouncing across the centerline and into my lane head on as I was traveling about 50 mph (not sure how fast she was going but believe it to be well over 50). "Gladis" was a tank! The Hyundai Santa Fe that hit me blew up into pieces while "Gladis" took the beating head on keeping me (only one in my car) COMPLETELY safe. I walked away with 0 injuries just some minor soreness!

I immediately began my search and found "Connie" a 2022 black leftover Rubicon with just about every bell and whistle - big change from my base sport! Since picking her up on 3/31, I had added: 35's, the steal bumper (MUST HAVE), some offroad lights, tint, Hooke trail doors, and today my tonneau cover arrives!

Glad to hear you made it out unscathed! Who is the owner of the pink boots?

OP
OP

Turkeeslapper

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Sport
Glad to hear you made it out unscathed! Who is the owner of the pink boots?
They (and everything else on the ground) were from the inside of the vehicle that hit me. It literally blew up and everything inside of it went everywhere!

jeepers29

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JKUR, GC
Occupation
Domestic engineer
Glad you are ok. I was broadsided in our 14 JKUR at about 70. I separated my shoulder but my son walked away. These Jeeps are definately built tough.

Sponsored

Phil_R

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Silverado 1500 Custom/Jeep Grand Cherokee L
Occupation
Retired for now!

Glad that you are safe and not injured, Todd. Your new JTR looks awesome! Sorry that you had to go through an accident to get "Connie", however "Gladis" did a great job of protecting you! Always have to watch out for those other drivers making very poor driving decisions!

Hank_

First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Hydro Blue Mojave, 1941 Willys
Occupation
Ford and Jeep warranty claim analyst.
So glad you are ok and the Jeep protected you. I'm sure you will miss the old one but the new Jeep looks amazing. Have fun and be safe.

Hank

calipoontappa

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Glad you’re safe. Did you happen to get a pic of the other car? It always blows my mind how much our trucks can take.

Sponsored

HappyGladiator

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Electrical tech
And you live to get another one. MPG might not be the best but at least we can lift the nozzle to the tank after a big accident. .

jcarbs

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator, 2021 Tahoe
Happy to hear you came out of that wreck ok and congratulations on the new vehicle. She's a beauty. I t-boned someone in my '99 TJ because he cut in front of me. Drove the Jeep off to the repair shop. His Buick had to be towed away. After that, my wife and I were sold on Jeep safety.

ScottBeach

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator sport s
Occupation
Engineer
BoF for the win every time. Glad you got out unharmed. I hope the other driver (idiot) is also unharmed

Chunky White

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Industrial Electrician
I'm glad you were okay and that a Gladiator can take a hit!! The new Gladiator look good
Sponsored