OP

Turkeeslapper

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Sport
Thanks all. Was definitely scary. The woman at fault actually passed away from injuries. This is how her SUV ended
Jeep Gladiator Gladiator = Tank! IMG_3946
Sponsored

Blade1668

First Name
Darrell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
90XJ, 91XJ, 91MJ, 05 LJ, 20 JT
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks all. Was definitely scary. The woman at fault actually passed away from injuries. This is how her SUV ended
Sorry for you having to go through that. I've had to see many of these things. Glad you walked away from it.

GOT FLOYD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon 2021 Mojave gladiator
WOW is all I can say...new Gladiator looks great!

Hootbro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
IMG_3946.jpeg
Looked at this and your first photo, she had a lot of loose personal items in that vehicle that got ejected.

Sucks to hear she passed regardless but at least it did not take your life or leave serious injury.

Do not let her passing away keep you from dealing with her insurance and/or estate to make you whole as she still was at fault regardless of her outcome.

Last edited:

jeepers29

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JKUR, GC
Occupation
Domestic engineer
Look at this and your first photo, she had a lot of loose personal items in that vehicle that got ejected.

Sucks to here she passed regardless but at least it did not take your life or leave serious injury.

Do not let her passing away keep you from dealing with her insurance and/or estate to make you whole as she still was at fault regardless of her outcome.
I was thinking the same thing on the amount of loose crap she had in the car.

Sponsored

Jabtano

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Butcher
Awesome I'm happy that the gladi, kept you safe good luck and travels with the new one

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 liberty 2022 Gladiator
Occupation
enjoying life
What name fog lights are they.

MF Comics

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 2dr Manual Bronco
Glad you're fine, and while I agree with don't let up, Rest In Peace other driver, as I doubt she wanted to go Kamikaze there.

Sharing this with my two friends, one who wants a Gladiator and the other I think would want one after seeing this

Sponsored

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
Curious though, how would this had been had Gladi not had a Steel Bumper?
Steel bumper or not, the front ends of the frames on these are crazy tough. The outcome would have been mostly the same. The steel bumper absorbed some of the energy, but it's not all that stiff save for where it bolts to the frame. It's in pieces and the screws holding it together could sheer pretty easily.
Anything hitting you head-on is going to smack the ends of the frame. The bumper would only help very much in an angular hit. Then it would help absorb a lot of energy. In a frontal hit - it won't do much.

Sad it happened at all, sad for the family of the other driver - someone loved that person. And with the contents seen - were kids at home waiting........
And was it distracted driving.
REALLY sad, that's the cause of too many accidents.

Physics wins every time. Mass absorbs energy. Ugh. Shows how tough these Jeeps are, stinks that it had to be proven once again.

Barbarian

First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jtur diesel 21
Occupation
Business
I agree these trucks are built like tanks. My 2021 sting grey jJTULRD was rearended by a VW passat doing 60 mph. I was stopped for a traffic light. He fell asleep after a graveyard shift. I drove away. His car was torn in half and he left in an ambulance. Im putting all my grandkids in JTs when they start driving.

MF Comics

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 2dr Manual Bronco
I agree these trucks are built like tanks. My 2021 sting grey jJTULRD was rearended by a VW passat doing 60 mph. I was stopped for a traffic light. He fell asleep after a graveyard shift. I drove away. His car was torn in half and he left in an ambulance. Im putting all my grandkids in JTs when they start driving.
I sent this to my ex who has little 3 and 1/2 twins

Whether or not things change between us relationship wise, Id rather see her in a tank than a little kia

Elff

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TJ Rubicon, Buell XBRS
Occupation
Interwebs
Vehicle Showcase
Wow

Very glad you are ok. That's crazy.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
These are reasons I have appreciated that my wife loved Grand Cherokees and the only thing that pried her out of a GC was a Wrangler.
GCs are crazy safe - and although a Wrangler won't beat or match the Grand Cherokee, it's still going to be safer than many things out there.
Sponsored