First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Architectural Illustrator
It starts with a few kinda long marketing presentations, although the historic Broncos on hand were beautiful.

There is sand to demonstrate trail turn assist

the track has Broncos and Bronco Sports on it, so you then go through 18 inches of water. Nice demo of the 360 camera function here

then an obstacle for just the drivers side wheels. We asked him to show the pitch and roll meter and the roll was 22 degrees (that may have been after the peak)

the best is going over staggered bumps. They stop on the last stage when the driver side rear tire is in the air and hit the sway bar release. The Bronco then articulated quite a bit more

the final is a 38 degree incline, both ascending and defending. 3 degrees steeper than the Jeep display

the Broncos are beautiful and comfortable. We were in a Badlands non-Sasquatch soft top

We all liked Area 51 the best. Cactus grey is an enigma

E3F83456-4ADD-452B-BF0D-A9ACE0DF52EB.jpeg

We ordered the Area 51. Hoping we will see it this year.
Sponsored

Lateralus

Banned
Banned
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Unless you have had a jeep with something wrong with the steering box or something, I can't even relate to someone complaining about road the manners. Iam really not even a cheerleader for solid axles or anti IFS, but I can't imagine being unsatisfied with my gladiators road manners. But I've came from 2 jk wranglers and not a conventional car or crossover.

BAT

First Name
Blaine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Sport S Max Tow Sting Grey
Best of luck on the Bronco. After 2 Fords and 4 failed transmissions among other issues will never drop a dime on another Ford. Plus I needed a truck and wanted a Jeep since forever so am in a Gladiator. I just don't get why folks have to keep comparing them. If you want a bronco get a bronco if ya want a jeep get a jeep.

OP
OP
dcmdon

dcmdon

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I was driving through Plymouth, NH and saw a 2 door CyberOrange Bronco on the dealer's lot. I was with my Daughter and we were just poking around on our way to Maahhket Basket so we puled in.

I walked in expecting the sales guy to say "Sorry, ordered, sold, can't drive it". And he said Sure its our demo!!.

Nice. My daughter got into the back seat. Its not bad once you are in, but its a pain in the butt to get in. I flipped the seat forward and it didn't slide forward on its own. I had todo that as a separate operation. She got in and immediately complained that there weren't any roll down windows.

Other than that she had more room than she could ever need. (5'3")

The first thing I noticed appearance wise is that the 2 door looks great with the 285/70s. Even better than the Sasquatch in my opinion. Its just right. I think the 2 door Sas looks like it needs a bit of a lift with the 35s. These looked perfect.

I am on the fence between this and a Gladiator Mojave, since that model seems to have the best road livability. Acceleration and a pickup body are wants not a needs.

Pulling out of the dealer, I could feel that the Bronco was softly sprung, but well damped. Body motions were well controlled, but there was noticeable dive on braking. Body roll was fine. This isn't a car you are going to drive hard for fun but its nice that it felt like you could hustle it down a road if you needed to. Overall, I'd say it is a very good compromise.

Accleration was lively, but not fast by any means. I held it full throttle several times, just short of the kick down trigger and it torqued its way up to speed very well. I'd say that acceleration is more than adequate for a vehicle of this type. It might feel "fast", but its not. (Not even a Raptor is actually fast). Overall this motor is much more satisfying to drive than anything offered in the Gladiator, though the 4xe Wrangler is probably even better.

In all I was very impressed. It makes my decision between the Bronco and the Gladiator that much more difficult. The most important and relevant thing to me was that the Bronco had no bad manners on the road and sas such will be a MUCH easier vehicle to live with day to day. It essentially drove on the road like an Explorer with a lot of wind noise.

As an aside, The salesman I spoke with was named Jason Meier. He was polite and professional. He seemed to be well informed and was low key. If you are in the Plymouth NH area and have an interest in a Ford, he's a good guy to talk to.

Reactions: mog

BAT

First Name
Blaine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I actually saw my first Bronco Sport on the Road this weekend in Galveston. Seemed really small and looks like kind of a rework of one of their other SUV's they had out. I know this one is not the Real Bronco to be released and shipping a bit later.

Sponsored

IamPro2A

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'95 YJ, '07 Ram, '16 JK, '21 Sport S Max Tow
I still say you're comparing apples and oranges. The Bronco doesn't have a bed, and I'm guessing it doesn't have a payload and towing capability approaching that of a 1/2 ton pickup. The Bronco is never going to haul a stack of plywood or a motorcycle in the back.

And I tell ya what.. the max tow 3.6 gladiator is surprisingly peppy with the 4.10 gears, while still averaging over 20mpg

Reactions: BAT

BAT

First Name
Blaine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I was driving through Plymouth, NH and saw a 2 door CyberOrange Bronco on the dealer's lot. I was with my Daughter and we were just poking around on our way to Maahhket Basket so we puled in.

I walked in expecting the sales guy to say "Sorry, ordered, sold, can't drive it". And he said Sure its our demo!!.

Nice. My daughter got into the back seat. Its not bad once you are in, but its a pain in the butt to get in. I flipped the seat forward and it didn't slide forward on its own. I had todo that as a separate operation. She got in and immediately complained that there weren't any roll down windows.

The first thing I noticed appearance wise is that the 2 door looks great with the 285/70s. Even better than the Sasquatch in my opinion. Its just right. I think the 2 door Sas looks like it needs a bit of a lift with the 35s. These looked perfect.

I am on the fence between this and a Gladiator Mojave, since that model seems to have the best road livability. Acceleration and a pickup body are wants not a needs.

Pulling out of the dealer, I could feel that the Bronco was softly sprung, but well damped. Body motions were well controlled, but there was noticeable dive on braking. Body roll was fine. This isn't a car you are going to drive hard for fun but its nice that it felt like you could hustle it down a road if you needed to. Overall, I'd say it is a very good compromise.

Accleration was lively, but not fast by any means. I held it full throttle several times, just short of the kick down trigger and it torqued its way up to speed very well. I'd say that acceleration is more than adequate for a vehicle of this type. It might feel "fast", but its not. (Not even a Raptor is actually fast). Overall this motor is much more satisfying to drive than anything offered in the Gladiator, though the 4xe Wrangler is probably even better.

In all I was very impressed. It makes my decision between the Bronco and the Gladiator that much more difficult. The most important and relevant thing to me was that the Bronco had no bad manners on the road and sas such will be a MUCH easier vehicle to live with day to day. It essentially drove on the road like an Explorer with a lot of wind noise.

As an aside, The salesman I spoke with was named Jason Meier. He was polite and professional. He seemed to be well informed and was low key. If you are in the Plymouth NH area and have an interest in a Ford, he's a good guy to talk to.
I believe you already have your mind made up that you are going with the bronco due to percieved on the road driving issues. My Early 2020 Max Tow had some wander due to steering box. It was changed and have had no other issues and I drive city and highway. The Truck drives great in both. I think your going to find some issues in any vehicles possibly. Test Drive the Mojave and the Bronco and then go with what you feel best suits your needs. For many of us we needed a truck and wanted a Jeep we go both. But if you don't need truck as others have mentioned perhaps you should be looking at Wranglers, etc. Perhaps the 392 would provide the necessary on road performance required.

MPMB

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JTR - SG
Occupation
Check your inbox.
I still say you're comparing apples and oranges. The Bronco doesn't have a bed, and I'm guessing it doesn't have a payload and towing capability approaching that of a 1/2 ton pickup. The Bronco is never going to haul a stack of plywood or a motorcycle in the back.
I just don't get why folks have to keep comparing them. If you want a bronco get a bronco if ya want a jeep get a jeep.
This.

Other than the fact that the vehicles are new to the market, there's no reason to compare them.

The Bronco is the Wrangler/4Runner killer (at least attempted).

Sazabi19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Kia Cadenza, 2020 Jeep Gladiator JT Sport S

What do you mean by livable driving experience day to day? I've never found anything wrong with driving my Gladiator. It's got some wind noise but I normally have music on so that takes of that. Sure I can't take corners as fast as my car but that's really all I have to 'complain' about, but that's true of pretty much any truck/SUV. Is it the solid front axle?

Sazabi19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
This.

Other than the fact that the vehicles are new to the market, there's no reason to compare them.

The Bronco is the Wrangler/4Runner killer (at least attempted).
I mean, I appreciate the info from it. I cross shop the Gladiator, Wrangler, and Bronco. Just because I have a Gladiator doesn't mean I don't look at other things. I think the fact that it can't tow/haul/have a bed is pretty obvious and you can appreciate and compare other things while you're at it. People compare driving dynamics of the Wrangler and Gladiator all the time, why is this so much different? The Gladiator is in a unique spot, so it gets compared to more things than your average semented-in-1-segement sort of vehicle.

Sponsored

MPMB

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JTR - SG
Occupation
Check your inbox.
I mean, I appreciate the info from it. I cross shop the Gladiator, Wrangler, and Bronco. Just because I have a Gladiator doesn't mean I don't look at other things. I think the fact that it can't tow/haul/have a bed is pretty obvious and you can appreciate and compare other things while you're at it. People compare driving dynamics of the Wrangler and Gladiator all the time, why is this so much different? The Gladiator is in a unique spot, so it gets compared to more things than your average semented-in-1-segement sort of vehicle.
It has to do with search criteria.

If you're looking for a new vehicle, sure, you can compare all the vehicles you want. This one has this, that one has that... etc.

Say you want a vehicle with a V8. Does it make sense to compare a Chevy SS to a Durango SRT8 to an F250?

Blindly announcing you're cross shopping a Bronco and Gladiator based on needs for one and wants for the other is disingenuous.

We wanted and needed a mid-sized pickup (tired of tearing up the inside of the the Expedition). Some day we'll get a travel trailer, so we needed decent towing capacity. 4 doors a requirement. Sunroof and heated seats required. 4x4 required. Gladiator fit the bill.

If you're comparing them based on the criteria of having 4-doors only, then you have to recognize the intended purpose of the vehicles. You don't get to hold what you might call "negatives" as a con against one vehicle or the other.

For example: "The Gladiator wheelbase is just so long compared to the Bronco. The turning radius is enormous."
"The Gladiator rides so much harder, especially in the rear end."
"The length of the Gladiator makes it more difficult to navigate parking lots and parallel parking."
"Much more difficult to see behind the Gladiator out the rear window when there's a lot of wood, furniture, or a quad in the bed. 1/10, would not buy again."

Haley

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave, 1981 CJ8
Occupation
Landscaping
I have a late reservation in for a Bronco. Thank FSM, because their production hangups are making 2021my look rough. Leaking tops, chip shortages, flooded facilities.

When it arrives late next year, I'll have a head to head comparison and will be able to make a decision. My guess is my outer banks trim will beat the Mojave in mileage and comfort. Production defects? That remains to be seen.

IamPro2A

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'95 YJ, '07 Ram, '16 JK, '21 Sport S Max Tow
Also, I've pushed my Gladiator on the highway to almost triple digit mph, and it was quite well behaved. No, it wasn't a sports car, but it wasnt squirrely or wandering. I dunno if the Ford saleman is gonna let me make that comparison, lol.

Sazabi19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I have a late reservation in for a Bronco. Thank FSM, because their production hangups are making 2021my look rough. Leaking tops, chip shortages, flooded facilities.

When it arrives late next year, I'll have a head to head comparison and will be able to make a decision. My guess is my outer banks trim will beat the Mojave in mileage and comfort. Production defects? That remains to be seen.
According to MPMB you're doing it wrong and should stop :P

@MPMB I'm kidding. I don't fully agree with what you're saying but that's fine. I appreciated the contrast.

Sazabi19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Also, I've pushed my Gladiator on the highway to almost triple digit mph, and it was quite well behaved. No, it wasn't a sports car, but it wasnt squirrely or wandering. I dunno if the Ford saleman is gonna let me make that comparison, lol.
Lol, my salesmen always told me the ticket is mine if I get 1 hahah.
Sponsored