Acen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Legislative
Without the warranty.
I'd also add when you go to sell it, its still an Overland with lockers. The first question I'd have is where are the shop receipts because if they were installed by Cousin Kooter at his law mower repair shop..I'm not interested.
Sponsored

Sandevino

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
I'd also add when you go to sell it, its still an Overland with lockers. The first question I'd have is where are the shop receipts because if they were installed by Cousin Kooter at his law mower repair shop..I'm not interested.
Too funny. I’d rather buy a used Overland over a Rubicon as there’s a better chance it wasn’t beat around. Granted they both probably saw some mean parking lots so it’s a toss up.

Closet Jeep guy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
3rd gen tacoma
I have seen 2 people say the Mojave has reduced gas mileage compared to the other gas models .....how is it worse?

Sponsored

Jaxmax

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps....... 2021 Mojave , 2019 Wrangler
Occupation
Electrical Manager
Mojave is one inch higher then a Rubicon, weighs more with frame reinforcements and yes the hood is steel (thank God) and heavy, whole front of Mojave body is about 1.5” higher and I’ll go along with more drag on hood scoop which is on my list to open using 392 hood parts.
BUTT the Mojave is perfect for me, glad they came out with it in middle of my purchase window so I could change from a Rubicon to it.
All that said the Rubicon is still the king of off road with dual lockers and lower geared transfer case, sway bar is so easily disconnected with like Apex on aftermarket it is a non issue anymore……Jack

Wheelin98TJ

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Bean Counter
There's a guy on here with the username CrazyCooter and he does gear installs at his shop. But he seems to know his stuff unlike Cousin Kooter. 😆

Sponsored

OP
OP
Lunentucker

Lunentucker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
People Work?
There's a guy on here with the username CrazyCooter and he does gear installs at his shop. But he seems to know his stuff unlike Cousin Kooter. 😆
Never saw them have to charge the AUX battery in the General Lee.

Hootbro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
Never saw them have to charge the AUX battery in the General Lee.
They never had a chance because they destroyed on average two per episode. ;)

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
BUTT the Mojave is perfect for me, glad they came out with it in middle of my purchase window so I could change from a Rubicon to it.
All that said the Rubicon is still the king of off road with dual lockers and lower geared transfer case, sway bar is so easily disconnected with like Apex on aftermarket it is a non issue anymore
Depends on how you define "off road".
Sand, dunes, a lot of dips and rises to take at speed on softer ground, sand, whatever and needing the suspension and travel it has, or deep ravines, boulders, logs, rocks 2 feet tall every few feet?
If I lived where there was sand, beaches, dunes, or desert near by, Mojave hands down.
If I lived in CO, or other similar areas with deep cracks in the world, big rocks and so on, Rubicon.

If I wanted lockers, I'd do it because I trust so few people - or I'd be there supervising and specifying exactly how things were to be done. OCD and all that.

But I live in Iowa.
No need for lockers,
No sand, beaches or dunes,
No rocks to climb, no need to disconnect sway bars or climb the side of a rock straight up.

Mine is a truck - a pickup. I tow, I haul stuff, and I daily drive it. Needs to be easy for my wife to get in and out of and drive, needs to move snow, reasonably cheap to operate (mpg could be better but it's a truck shaped like a brick and I go FAST)

I don't need or want extra height, and a hood scoop must be functional and lead to a sealed air filter to a performance carb and intake. My 70 had factory functional ram - but then in a really heavy rain or snow, it would suck up water which would collect in the air cleaner and settle onto the intake. Messy.

There's just one single thing that "sometimes" I wish mine had - the whopping 1.5 extra total inches wheelbase width. Otherwise, I miss nothing of any of the others.
I get enough of the "golly, gee, that sure is a neat truck, how do you like it" as it is. Don't need to stop twice as often to answer the questions.
Sponsored