lance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Tj, Gladiator Ecodiesel
Build Thread
Link
why? on stock wheels it is reasonable
Ya, I guess on stock wheels its fine. They just always seem to barely air down even on their vehicles running larger wheels and tires. Their gladiator didn't look to be aired down much either.
Sponsored

OP
OP
PyrPatriot

PyrPatriot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT Sport S Max Tow; Honda Element
Ya, I guess on stock wheels its fine. They just always seem to barely air down even on their vehicles running larger wheels and tires. Their gladiator didn't look to be aired down much either.
I wouldnt air down past 15 without beadlocks. On stock wheels especially. yah folks have run 35 s on stock wheels at 10psi but they are a channel, setbacks like tire replacement costs them money

d k

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser
I don't understand the purpose of these 'fake' beadlocks anyway..

If anything is going to happen to a low tire, it's gonna come off the bead, not over the rim.

They need to come up with a device like on a dirt bike wheel, where the clamp keeps the tire on the edge of the rim.

I wouldnt air down past 15 without beadlocks. On stock wheels especially. yah folks have run 35 s on stock wheels at 10psi but they are a channel, setbacks like tire replacement costs them money

kilroy173

First Name
lance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Tj, Gladiator Ecodiesel
Build Thread
Link
I don't understand the purpose of these 'fake' beadlocks anyway..

If anything is going to happen to a low tire, it's gonna come off the bead, not over the rim.

They need to come up with a device like on a dirt bike wheel, where the clamp keeps the tire on the edge of the rim.
They are just for looks. I have aired down to 10 psi without beadlocks, just need to be smart about it. I also thought it was funny when the TFL guys put the mopar beadlocks on their Ram Rebel but didn't actually run them as beadlocks.

d k

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser
Another thing I'm gonna do (don't laugh) is use wd40 to lube the tire when I mount them.

it vulcanizes the rubber and makes it stick a little bit.

They are just for looks. I have aired down to 10 psi without beadlocks, just need to be smart about it. I also thought it was funny when the TFL guys put the mopar beadlocks on their Ram Rebel but didn't actually run them as beadlocks.

Sponsored

Phred

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gator Green Gladiator Rubicon
why? on stock wheels it is reasonable

If you watch, a lower air pressure would have allowed that rear tire to grip that rock. Tire looked very firm on that rock...which is why he couldn’t get over it and just spun.

just my opinion...
Sponsored