OP
OP
Ogre_FL

Ogre_FL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wranger JL 2 Door, Gladiator 80th
One of the reasons I added the softopper was to look more like a modern 130. Just wish someone made hood/ fender protection like that.
I scratched my painted fenders on my first off road trip. :facepalm:
Here you go, knock yourself out.
Its just looks like industrial rubber floor covering.

Jeep Gladiator Gladiator Vs Defender 130 H0cb49041a2ae4e8f825be2a6c024463d2

Jeep Gladiator Gladiator Vs Defender 130 Checker-black-800x600
Sponsored

Last edited:

Erievon

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JTR., 2021 JLU Altitude
Occupation
International Banker
Prices are crazy on them right now. I'd kill for a Heldeburg restored 110 Double cab.

Longleaf

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon LE, 2018 Desert Sled
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Project Manager
@Ogre_FL Pretty sure it's diamond plate (or chequer plate, if you're British) aluminum on the Rovers.

syreeves

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR 6MT, 2013 Volvo XC90, 2003 LR Disco
Occupation
Liquor Attorney. So not all bad...
@Ogre_FL Pretty sure it's diamond plate (or chequer plate, if you're British) aluminum on the Rovers.
Yep - the protection strengthens the panels so you can walk on them. And the chequers provide grip in wet and cold conditions. I waited for LR to divulge details on the new defender but as soon as I heard "air suspension" I was out. Gladiator is as close to a modern Defender 130 as you can get.

A 2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTRD, 2020 JLU
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Construction
One of the reasons I added the softopper was to look more like a modern 130. Just wish someone made hood/ fender protection like that.
I scratched my painted fenders on my first off road trip. :facepalm:
👍
I have a StingGrey with tan interior and a tan spider shade. Looking at the tan softopper. Originally i was looking at the zroadz tack and was going to have a custom tan canopy made to go over it.

Sponsored

spectre6000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
pending
I understand the reason for the JT's rear door shape, but what's up with the Defender's? It looks like they already cut the hole for the rear door to be identical to the front, and wouldn't that be even easier from a parts sourcing perspective that trying to find another rear from a slightly different model?

Additionally, if the JT had the Defender's full front end, it seems like they may be able to avoid a lot of the cooling problems that exist solely due to the styling desires of the marketing department (who are worse even than accountants and lawyers).

LOGS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 LJ Rubicon
Take it from someone who has a English factory built left hand drive 1993 90 with the diesel, I would NEVER EVER burden someone I like with this truck. I bought it in Brazil, drove it around South America for about a half a year and then imported in the states. I have NEVER seen a vehicle with such quality control issues(LR replacement parts are shit too) or a vehicle that was so uncomfortable(I'm 6ft and really don't fit well). As soon as I finally track down an oil leak and fix it, it's gone and I can't wait. Here it is.

Jeep Gladiator Gladiator Vs Defender 130 D07D7D6D-1A90-4CDC-BECB-C74074BB6372
Jeep Gladiator Gladiator Vs Defender 130 75F71D62-FEEA-4930-8C4B-294181E915F7

Sponsored

OP
OP
Ogre_FL

Ogre_FL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wranger JL 2 Door, Gladiator 80th
I understand the reason for the JT's rear door shape, but what's up with the Defender's? It looks like they already cut the hole for the rear door to be identical to the front, and wouldn't that be even easier from a parts sourcing perspective that trying to find another rear from a slightly different model?

Additionally, if the JT had the Defender's full front end, it seems like they may be able to avoid a lot of the cooling problems that exist solely due to the styling desires of the marketing department (who are worse even than accountants and lawyers).
I assume the 130 has the rear door the way it is for the exact same reason ours does.
Because its identical to the one on their 4 door "SUV" 110 version.

_mg_2426ppp.jpg

Old Skool

First Name
Mario
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado
Occupation
HVAC/R Mechanic
Can you take a Photo of the front axle, They don't use a U-joint it looks like a ball joint or some type of "CV" joint looks like a steel ball
Sponsored