First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
IT Manager
One of the many things I liked about the H2 was fitting 37's with no lift. Low CG and still good ground clearance, same things I like about the Gladiator (except 35's in our case).

I have 4" RE springs on my YJ because that's what I need for 33's, it's a bummer to have to balance those competing goals. Lower is more better as clearance comes from the tires, fundamentally.

Around here, I just saw a late model Suburban with 6-8" of lift, it's completely non-functional and done for looks, but if people will buy it someone will sell it.

I test drove the new Ranger, I wanted to like it, the transmission was very badly tuned for that engine (which has plenty of power). Steering was good, though! Hahahehehh......

Went to drop something off at Fed Ex today.
Guy started asking questions about my Jeep.
Do I off road it.?
Most notably...does it "rub on stuff?" I assume he meant off roading
Very pretty Ranger. GIANT lift and 20s with 31s on there. All Murdered out.
I'm all nah I have done a few moderate trails around here with no problem.
Told him about wheeling with Toyotas . He said he traded in a 2018 Tacoma on his Ranger.
Said it was garbage. Told me the dealer wanted 17K for all the parts he had on his.
Then took to a guy who built it for like 10K less.
He was told 6in lift so he bought that. Seemed excessive to lift like that with 31s.
He then told me he hunts with it but it's mostly for show.
All good. Just starting to question the people that sold him that lift.
I don't know much about Rangers.... but It looked like it should clear 35s with that lift.
Nice guy. Pretty truck. I'm just confused as to why they told him 6 inches.
I told him no way I would wheel with a 6 inch lift.
Especially out here. I was getting big time pucker factor at 23 degrees of tilt and I cannot Imagine doing that in a 6 in lift.
I don't think I would go over 2.5-3 on the Gladiator. And that would be running 37s.
Always was taught be as low as you can with bigger tires and let it flex over things. Low center for gravity.
IF I am out of line....I will stand corrected.
Sponsored

OP
OP
DocMike

DocMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S, 2001 Audi TT Roadster, 1930 Model A Hot Rod, 1973 VW Square Back
Occupation
Education
My steering is GREAT thanks to an updated box. I was once tempted by a K20 suburban on 40s.
I opted for one on 35s I guess where you wheel also matters. I know my buddy from Tennessee went with to scout the Colorado terrain as he has built nothing but mud buggies down in TN and FL.

One of the many things I liked about the H2 was fitting 37's with no lift. Low CG and still good ground clearance, same things I like about the Gladiator (except 35's in our case).

I have 4" RE springs on my YJ because that's what I need for 33's, it's a bummer to have to balance those competing goals. Lower is more better as clearance comes from the tires, fundamentally.

Around here, I just saw a late model Suburban with 6-8" of lift, it's completely non-functional and done for looks, but if people will buy it someone will sell it.

I test drove the new Ranger, I wanted to like it, the transmission was very badly tuned for that engine (which has plenty of power). Steering was good, though! Hahahehehh......