HELP ME DECIDE! Gladiator Mojave VS 2023 Ranger Raptor

OP
OP

Rico

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota
I am a Jeep and a Ford guy, therefore I strongly recommend you chose the one has the better Dealer Service, you are going to quite use it.
Well when it comes to dealers they’re not that fun to deal with that’s why I’m looking for the truck that will have the least issues so I won’t have to deal with their BS. Good thing that Jeep now got a new dealer as the old one was one of the worst between all the dealers in my country.
Sponsored

OP
OP

Rico

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota
I would buy the ranger in that scenario except for how much more I like the Jeep interior. The current ranger is a long standing drivetrain proven in Australia and the turbo motor has good report in sand. The Jeep will be slower and less nimble but still fun and has the cool factor. I don’t think you would be disappointed by a Majave…but objectively there is a a reason solid axels aren’t the go-to for desert environments.
I am just to afraid to go with the Ranger and start getting issues wot The transmission. The dealership support in my country is a jock. That’s why I turned into the Gladiator Mojave as a better option. At least I know that the drivetrain is solid and won’t face any issues. And to be honest with you I started to like the look of the Gladiator more than the new Ranger Raptor. I might hold back until October and see what’s the new Hilux GR sport will offer.

madesicc88

First Name
Vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
I had a 1st gen Raptor for a while, went to a Ranger Tremor and now have a Gladiator. Absolutely loved the Raptor but got a offer that I couldn’t refuse, got the Ranger and would still have the Ranger if I was a single man, it was such a fun truck even with the mildly upgraded Fox suspension on the Tremor, it loved the fast off-road trails we have around here. I really enjoyed the little eco boost engine and never had a issue with the transmission. Only reason I got rid of it was because the backseat was way too small, I have 2 older kids and a German Shepherd and they didn’t like going on our long travels with that truck. Got the Gladiator and have really enjoyed it but it feels like a much heavier/ slower truck so I couldn’t imagine it being all that fun in the fast sandy stuff.

Bonanza

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sport S Max Tow Punk'n
For Saudi Arabia, go for the ranger. I've never owned a Jeep that likes the sand, and this gladiator is no different. Traction control is WAY too involved.

Bjeepz

First Name
B
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mojave
If you are talking about the Colorado ZR2 unfortunately it’s not available in my country (Saudi Arabia) we only have the Silverado ZR2 which is a full size truck and I’m not a fan of getting a full size truck as my daily driver plus it costs $110,000.
Ah too bad! Maybe they will release the new Colorado ZR2 version in your country! There was just a full redesign and it is looking good.

Sponsored

Jackpaul

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Car
Probably. But I’m scared to go with the Ranger Raptor and get a bad transmission. That will be a pain in the ass for me as dealers in here (Saudi Arabia) won’t give me much support regarding such an issue. A friend of mine got a brand new Bronco and his transmission is acting up when he addressed that to the dealer he said that’s normal and there is nothing to worry about.
Both have a potential for transmission issues…in your area which one has the best post sale ability to fix the truck if issues arise?

The 10 speed transmission is pretty good in the Ford, but not better or worse than the 8 speed in the Jeep. There will likely be a bunch of each of these trucks everywhere you look.

If you are really focused on the reliability factor get a Nissan pro 4x or Toyota trd pro.

OP
OP

Rico

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota
For Saudi Arabia, go for the ranger. I've never owned a Jeep that likes the sand, and this gladiator is no different. Traction control is WAY too involved.
I used to own a 2013 wrangler sport and was doing just fine on the sand dunes. It’s not the most powerful engine out their but from what I remember it did very well. But I wasn’t a fan of the 5 speed automatic transmission at that time. And from what I’m hearing the 8 speed is way better.

OP
OP

Rico

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota
Ah too bad! Maybe they will release the new Colorado ZR2 version in your country! There was just a full redesign and it is looking good.
Maybe but I highly doubt it as people love the full size truck in here F150, Silverado and the sierra. Any most of the people that get a midsize truck it’s usually a hilux or Landcruiser 70 series. Which I’m not a fan of how they drive coz they use leaf springs and drum breaks.

OP
OP

Rico

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota
Both have a potential for transmission issues…in your area which one has the best post sale ability to fix the truck if issues arise?

The 10 speed transmission is pretty good in the Ford, but not better or worse than the 8 speed in the Jeep. There will likely be a bunch of each of these trucks everywhere you look.

If you are really focused on the reliability factor get a Nissan pro 4x or Toyota trd pro.
I would say the jeep would have more people that know how to fix them if issues arised. And for the ford there is not many Rangers on the road usually F150s, Explorer and recently a lot of Broncos. To be honest with you I won’t trust anyone to work on a transmission on either of them coz when it comes to skills working on a transmissions there aren’t many people that know what they’re doing.

We don’t get the Nissan Nivara nor the Toyota Tacoma in here. We have the Hilux which is very reliable but they don’t ride that good for a daily as they have leaf springs and drum breaks even the top of the line will have that. There is a new Hilux GR sport coming to Australia on October but I’m not sure if we’ll get that in here and what will be the specs if we got them in here.

Sponsored

Jackpaul

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Car
I would say the jeep would have more people that know how to fix them if issues arised. And for the ford there is not many Rangers on the road usually F150s, Explorer and recently a lot of Broncos. To be honest with you I won’t trust anyone to work on a transmission on either of them coz when it comes to skills working on a transmissions there aren’t many people that know what they’re doing.

We don’t get the Nissan Nivara nor the Toyota Tacoma in here. We have the Hilux which is very reliable but they don’t ride that good for a daily as they have leaf springs and drum breaks even the top of the line will have that. There is a new Hilux GR sport coming to Australia on October but I’m not sure if we’ll get that in here and what will be the specs if we got them in here.
How’s that for a layer of complexity:) in your case drive them both , and then make your decision solely of off which one you like best. Both will blow your mind relating to capability. Personally I would get the Raptor Ranger if was between the Mohave and Ranger….it would require additional thought if were between the Rubicon.

OP
OP

Rico

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota
How’s that for a layer of complexity:) in your case drive them both , and then make your decision solely of off which one you like best. Both will blow your mind relating to capability. Personally I would get the Raptor Ranger if was between the Mohave and Ranger….it would require additional thought if were between the Rubicon.
Ya I will try to test drive them both. I have contacted the Jeep dealer today and to my surprise they have no Gladiators for sale or test drive.
I don’t see myself going to the Rubicon as it doesn’t suit the off road nature of where I live (not many rock crawling spots). I might give the dealer a visit and see when will the Gladiator be back on stock.

Wheelin98TJ

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Bean Counter

It's the same 10R80 transmission in the F150 and Ranger.

OP
OP

Rico

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota
It's the same 10R80 transmission in the F150 and Ranger.
Ya I’m very aware of that. Anyways I will try and get my hands on both vehicles to test drive them before making my final decision. I got surprised today by my Jeep dealer that there is non in stock in the whole country so who know how long it’ll take for them to get back on stock.