Sponsored

Jeep Gladiator vs Ford Ranger on Off-Road Course (TFL)

Happycoop

First Name
Coop
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
After the initial hype Jeep will most likely sell more Sport+’s than Rubicon’s but that hasn’t happened for the JL yet. It’s still at 80% Rubicon to other models and the JT isn’t showing signs that its launch is any different.
I'm amazed if that statistic is correct...I would certainly have expected Rubicons to be a smaller portion of total JL sales numbers. Not saying you are incorrect, just that it's not what I would have expected by any means.
Sponsored

bangolia

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKU
I think it’s funny that everyone is comparing the fully loaded rubicon to the no optioned other trucks. They keep stating this is a 60k truck. It’s not. It only is if you add every bell and whistle. I have a well optioned rubicon in the high 40’s.

Guess what. That now compares to the price of a ranger. They should mention that they are paid by ford.

Reasons

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
KL Cherokee Trailhawk, JT Gladiator RUBICON
Occupation
Enabler
I'm amazed if that statistic is correct...I would certainly have expected Rubicons to be a smaller portion of total JL sales numbers. Not saying you are incorrect, just that it's not what I would have expected by any means.
Those stats are incorrect. No way 80% of JL sales are Rubicons. Guy is smoking crack.

RedTRex

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU / 2014 WK2 Diesel
I think it’s funny that everyone is comparing the fully loaded rubicon to the no optioned other trucks. They keep stating this is a 60k truck. It’s not. It only is if you add every bell and whistle. I have a well optioned rubicon in the high 40’s.

Guess what. That now compares to the price of a ranger. They should mention that they are paid by ford.
That's kinda obvious

sardog12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Jeep X
Those stats are incorrect. No way 80% of JL sales are Rubicons. Guy is smoking crack.
While that number may not be entirely accurate (I can't find the statistics between versions of a model), I would have to guess that the Rubicon is well north of 50%. While it may be inaccurate, I doubt that it is crack-smoking inaccurate.

Sponsored

DaveNH

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Sonata
I love how he tried to make the back legroom look the same when jeep has a 4" advantage.
Especially because, iirc, one of their videos after the launch had Roman gushing about how much room he had in the back.

WXman

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Overland EcoDiesel
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
Traditionally, Rubicon has only made up a small fraction of sales, with Sport being the huge "volume seller" for FCA and Sahara taking up the rest of the slack.

Anyway.. I love TFL but lately their constant complaining about the Pentastar engine is getting on my nerves. They totally ignore that this engine is a multi-year Ward's Best Engines winner, or that it has a torque curve as flat as a Kansas highway, or that in the real world it's been matching or beating competitors' V6 engines in fuel efficiency without direct injection, etc. etc. No, no admittance that it's the best V6 in the segment, only constant bitching and griping because it doesn't make 650 lbs/ft of torque. :swear:

I'd love to team up with them on one of their "No, you're wrong!" videos so I could educate them on FCA products.
Sponsored