ks_yeti

ks_yeti

First Name
Colby Hett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
Thanks guys! It breaks the rim up and adds a nice little touch. It’s a small detail that I felt helped quite a bit.

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"
Thanks guys! It breaks the rim up and adds a nice little touch. It’s a small detail that I felt helped quite a bit.
yeah that looks awesome!

OP
OP
ks_yeti

ks_yeti

First Name
Colby Hett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
Progress on the Jeep has slowed down some, still have a small list of things i'd like to get done to her yet this winter/spring.

But, what I've been able to focus a little bit of time on is the RTT i'm building from scratch.

I looked online at different hinge options, and eventually decided i could just make a set from scratch. First things first, i built a set of hinges out of 1/4" plywood to verify they would work, after a couple of versions i finally found one that did. So I went to my steel stash and found 4 base plates from 6"x6" post bases.

Then grabbed a sheet of 3/4" AC X Super plywood, an exterior rated cabinet grade plywood to build the base.

I'll be bending the conduit to make the bows on the tent Next week, then comes the time to start cannibalizing my tent to build the cover.

tent1.jpg

tent2.jpg

tent3.jpg

tent4.jpg

tent5.jpg

tent6.jpg

Sponsored

SleepyJeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mini Cooper S, Firecracker Red Gladiator LE
Progress on the Jeep has slowed down some, still have a small list of things i'd like to get done to her yet this winter/spring.

But, what I've been able to focus a little bit of time on is the RTT i'm building from scratch.

I looked online at different hinge options, and eventually decided i could just make a set from scratch. First things first, i built a set of hinges out of 1/4" plywood to verify they would work, after a couple of versions i finally found one that did. So I went to my steel stash and found 4 base plates from 6"x6" post bases.

Then grabbed a sheet of 3/4" AC X Super plywood, an exterior rated cabinet grade plywood to build the base.

I'll be bending the conduit to make the bows on the tent Next week, then comes the time to start cannibalizing my tent to build the cover.

tent1.jpg

tent2.jpg

tent3.jpg

tent4.jpg

tent5.jpg

tent6.jpg
You and @steffen707 can be besties twinsies! LOL

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"
You and @steffen707 can be besties twinsies! LOL
hey, and both our JTs are named Gladys!

tent3-jpg.jpg
Hey i'm mocking up my bed drawers out of ACX too. Actually ACX was going to be the final material until i found out I could make it from aluminum at an affordable price. Subscribed (a while ago) and can't wait to see what you come up with!

KCwrangler

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Grand Cherokee Limited, 18JLS
where in Kansas? Relatively new to Kansas in the grand scheme of things and don't know any of the county abbreviations besides Johnson.
Sponsored