Go Rhino Xtreme Overland Rack

ttn333

First Name
Tuan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
none
Picked up my rack from 4wheelparts yesterday and installed it last night. Got a little overly excited. In retrospect, maybe I shouldn't have rushed it.
I had thought picking it up would be better than having it shipped for some reason. Unfortunately that's not the case as all the boxes were pretty beat up. Everything was pretty well wrapped up though, except for the 4 mounting feet. They had them all wrapped up together, so they can bang against each other during shipping. They ended up with lots of paint chips and dents. 2 of the 4 upright corner posts were bent at the mounting flange. Will probably mount the table, molle plate and handles this weekwend.
Installation was a pain, which was exacerbated by my poor reading comprehension. We ended up with the feet in the wrong position, so look at that diagram carefully. But once you've assembled it, everything make sense. Also be careful with the bolts used for mountin the aluminum crossbars and uprights. They can strip pretty easily. Jury is still out on the rack over all. It does feel pretty solid after mounting it on the truck. Will update on the table, gear plate and handle later.
Sponsored

GeneralJT

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
I’m anxiously awaiting my own day-to-day to clear up a bit so I can unbox and assemble… I just simply haven’t had the time between work and an upcoming baby. Hopefully this weekend though. And good note to self on the instructions ttn33, I’ll turn my comprehension up a little when I read the instructions and keep the beer intake to a minimum!

ttn333

First Name
Tuan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
none
I’m anxiously awaiting my own day-to-day to clear up a bit so I can unbox and assemble… I just simply haven’t had the time between work and an upcoming baby. Hopefully this weekend though. And good note to self on the instructions ttn33, I’ll turn my comprehension up a little when I read the instructions and keep the beer intake to a minimum!
Couple of more things to note. If you're using the stock trail rails, you'll need to remove the front end caps. Also, you'll need to remove the two screws toward the center of the rail t be able to slide the one t nut plate all the way to the rear. Those screws goes back in afterward but the end cap does not. Also, if you want to use the rail ties then makes sure you put them in now. When mounting the rack, you'll have to snug in one nut to pull the other bolt through the mount since the mounting bolts will barely poke through the mounting feet. Then you can put in the lock washer, the flat washer and nut to tighten it. Hope I'm explaining this right.

thekorky

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Couple of more things to note. If you're using the stock trail rails, you'll need to remove the front end caps. Also, you'll need to remove the two screws toward the center of the rail t be able to slide the one t nut plate all the way to the rear. Those screws goes back in afterward but the end cap does not. Also, if you want to use the rail ties then makes sure you put them in now. When mounting the rack, you'll have to snug in one nut to pull the other bolt through the mount since the mounting bolts will barely poke through the mounting feet. Then you can put in the lock washer, the flat washer and nut to tighten it. Hope I'm explaining this right.
What you are saying makes sense. I ran into similar issues using the stock Trail rail system. However I was able to get the mounting hardware over the center bolts. It was tight but I didn't have to remove them. Additionally, I was able to put the end caps back on as the edge of the mounting feet went right up to the edge of those caps when they are reinstalled. One thing to note, you might want to check the mounting bolts for the feet after a week or two of driving because I had two of them break on me. Those bolts are pretty weak. I ended up purchasing a higher grade bolt over at Lowe's and swapped all of them out.

ttn333

First Name
Tuan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
none
What you are saying makes sense. I ran into similar issues using the stock Trail rail system. However I was able to get the mounting hardware over the center bolts. It was tight but I didn't have to remove them. Additionally, I was able to put the end caps back on as the edge of the mounting feet went right up to the edge of those caps when they are reinstalled. One thing to note, you might want to check the mounting bolts for the feet after a week or two of driving because I had two of them break on me. Those bolts are pretty weak. I ended up purchasing a higher grade bolt over at Lowe's and swapped all of them out.
Thanks for chiming in. I really tried to slide the t nut plate across the rail bolts but it was a no go. Must be differences in tolerance? I'll have to take another look, but the rear rail bolt was in the way so that forced me to mount the rack a little more forward. That is why I can't put the rail cap back in. Looks like I may have to make another go at this lol. Was planning to mount my winch this weekend but it looks like I'm not done with the rack yet.

Sponsored

thekorky

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Thanks for chiming in. I really tried to slide the t nut plate across the rail bolts but it was a no go. Must be differences in tolerance? I'll have to take another look, but the rear rail bolt was in the way so that forced me to mount the rack a little more forward. That is why I can't put the rail cap back in. Looks like I may have to make another go at this lol. Was planning to mount my winch this weekend but it looks like I'm not done with the rack yet.
Maybe try to tighten the Trail Rail bolts a little bit...? It's worth a try.

ttn333

First Name
Tuan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
none
20210805_090237.jpg
20210805_090224.jpg
20210805_090213.jpg
20210805_090202.jpg
20210805_090158.jpg

I am incredibly disappointed in this rack. Its starting to feel like it's a rust bucket. I really wanted to like it. But it's hard to recommend this rack when 2 weeks in, it's looking the way it does, an I live in Socal. I'll be contacting Go Rhino. Not sure what the solution will be.

DeezJT

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pending
Occupation
Process Engineer
@ttn333 I’ll be checking my rack this weekend for any issues. So far, GoRhino assisted in making me a mount for the hi lift jack, and sent me a replacement/ redesigned table due to a broken rivnut. They took care of me, and I hope they take care of your issues. I too live in SoCal but haven’t encountered any rust issues…yet.

Sponsored

ttn333

First Name
Tuan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
none
@ttn333 I’ll be checking my rack this weekend for any issues. So far, GoRhino assisted in making me a mount for the hi lift jack, and sent me a replacement/ redesigned table due to a broken rivnut. They took care of me, and I hope they take care of your issues. I too live in SoCal but haven’t encountered any rust issues…yet.
I haven't even mounted the table. What's the "redesign" of the table?
The only bright side to this is that they are local. They are literally down the street from my office. Hopefully that makes things easier.

DeezJT

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pending
Occupation
Process Engineer
@ttn333 they offered me to pay them a visit to fix my issues with the table. Tbh, I still haven’t opened up the packaging to see any variances. I’ll do that this weekend and post up the results.

GeneralJT

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
The pics are disappointing for sure. I’ve been very slow at putting mine together. Just finally a couple of days ago, I had enough time to lay the pieces out. So far, things look fine but the salty humid air in south Texas near the ocean worries me after seeing the rust on yours.
The packaging was flawless.. I have pics I’ll post once I put them together with the finished product.
Jeep Gladiator Go Rhino Xtreme Overland Rack 20210801_170645

I am incredibly disappointed in this rack. Its starting to feel like it's a rust bucket. I really wanted to like it. But it's hard to recommend this rack when 2 weeks in, it's looking the way it does, an I live in Socal. I'll be contacting Go Rhino. Not sure what the solution will be.

GeneralJT

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
Looking forward to your assessment. Hopefully they've improved qc and got all or most of the hiccups out. I'm impatiently waiting for mine.

edit: by the way, when and where did you order from thanks.
Sorry bro, I missed the question. I ordered from GoRhino’s website.

ttn333

First Name
Tuan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
none
Quick update. Picked up some new hardware as well as a set of updated feet for the rack from GoRhino on Monday. Raul also gave me a set of new longer shoulder bolts for the gear table. Although the rust on the rack hardware was dissappointing, I must say Go Rhino's customer service is exceptional. Raul also stated that the gear table will ship with the longer bolts. And I may have gotten some different (wrong) hardware (washers) that caused the rusting. Hopefully the new hardware I received will fix that. Also, the feet will be packaged differently to keep them from hitting each other creating the paint chips and damgage that I got on mine. They seem to be paying attention to customers concerns so that's really good.
Sponsored