Go Rhino Xtreme Overland Rack

GeneralJT

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
GoRhino got back to me and they are putting my custom piece together. Great customer service as they are keeping me updated.

Jeep Gladiator Go Rhino Xtreme Overland Rack 75274EF9-AFFF-4BF8-A0E6-DDB0BD8877A1

Jeep Gladiator Go Rhino Xtreme Overland Rack 75274EF9-AFFF-4BF8-A0E6-DDB0BD8877A1

Thatā€™s awesome! I ordered the rack a few days ago.. promptly received an email that it was back ordered but thatā€™s no big deal. I also ordered the teraflex cargo rail system and an awning from northridge.. they are already en route.. surprisingly.
Definitely post some pics when the customized part comes in.

thekorky

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
After 2 weeks of driving around with the rack installed I decided to do an inspection and see if any bolts needed to be tightened or if anything had backed out. To my surprise I discovered two of the carriage bolts attaching the rack feet to my bed rail had broken. I haven't really been doing any aggressive driving or off-roading and none of the carriage bolts were crazy tight. My best guess is they aren't a very good quality metal and/or the angle the bolts have to be positioned in during install (while getting the rack to seat on the bed rails) put stress on them... I suggest keeping an eye on them. I did manage to stop by Lowes and find some new carriage bolts that were the right size.

Jeep Gladiator Go Rhino Xtreme Overland Rack 20210625_114856

WAJTRD

First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JKU and 2021 JTR Ecodiesel
Occupation
Investments
-I have the pre-revised version on the front/rear top connecting tubes has the holes to mount lights. I did notice though that male/female deutsch connectors wonā€™t fit in the hole. So if you want to mount lights and tuck them in, you gotta splice the wires together and throw away the deutsch connectors.

-the mounts (non rail mount)uses 8 bolts but I can only manage 6 as there is no room for fitment. Overall itā€™s holding and I have no issues.

-the upright brackets have nutsert holes where you can mount accessories too such as lights so no biggie if you donā€™t have my version.

-install instructions sucks but when you get one bar in, itā€™s pretty self explanatory from there. They need a technical writer to do a better write up.

-some Items came scratched or missed powder coat, but I expected that. Mopar hard top paint can help as itā€™s a very close match.

-fold down tableā€¦ again, they need a technical writer as it doesnā€™t state to remove already installed bolts. The supplied hardware is unusable so purchase some replacements (8 2ā€ bolts need to be 2.5ā€). The cable needed to be drilled for some usersā€¦ mine came out good.The locking mechanism is off a bit, but I managed to make it work (loosen bracket bolts).

overall, despite the shortcomings, quality control issues, and delay in delivery (expect 1-2 months), Iā€™m satisfied. it looks great and is the only rack that has a lot of dedicated accessories available. Itā€™s made in Mexico. Would I purchase again knowing what I know now?ā€¦ perhaps not, but if I only have 799 to spend, then absolutely.
Quite surprisingly, ordered mine from quadratec and got it in a week and a half.

I'm in process of piecing this thing together and can certainly confirm the instructions are garbage.

I tried mocking up just the rear towers and bars with the feet to
-I have the pre-revised version on the front/rear top connecting tubes has the holes to mount lights. I did notice though that male/female deutsch connectors wonā€™t fit in the hole. So if you want to mount lights and tuck them in, you gotta splice the wires together and throw away the deutsch connectors.

-the mounts (non rail mount)uses 8 bolts but I can only manage 6 as there is no room for fitment. Overall itā€™s holding and I have no issues.

-the upright brackets have nutsert holes where you can mount accessories too such as lights so no biggie if you donā€™t have my version.

-install instructions sucks but when you get one bar in, itā€™s pretty self explanatory from there. They need a technical writer to do a better write up.

-some Items came scratched or missed powder coat, but I expected that. Mopar hard top paint can help as itā€™s a very close match.

-fold down tableā€¦ again, they need a technical writer as it doesnā€™t state to remove already installed bolts. The supplied hardware is unusable so purchase some replacements (8 2ā€ bolts need to be 2.5ā€). The cable needed to be drilled for some usersā€¦ mine came out good.The locking mechanism is off a bit, but I managed to make it work (loosen bracket bolts).

overall, despite the shortcomings, quality control issues, and delay in delivery (expect 1-2 months), Iā€™m satisfied. it looks great and is the only rack that has a lot of dedicated accessories available. Itā€™s made in Mexico. Would I purchase again knowing what I know now?ā€¦ perhaps not, but if I only have 799 to spend, then absolutely.

With the non rail mounts and using only 6 of 8 bolts, which ones didnt fit?

I received mine and will be mounting it up tomorrow or the next day without the trail rails. I tried mocking it up and it didn't seem like pinch brackets wanted to sit very flush for me behind the mounting feet.

Sponsored

DeezJT

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pending
Occupation
Process Engineer
@thekorky Iā€™ll be checking the rack this weekend. I did notice that a nutsert on the table did come apart. Itā€™s still fully functional and GoRhino did offer me to send it in to fix it or bring it in. Iā€™ll probably bring it in one of these days since they are an hour drive from my location, plus I want to check out their rear bumper in person.

ttn333

First Name
Tuan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
none
For those that already have these mounted, what's the final verdict? Will it hold up over time? I know time will tell but your best guess would suffice. I really like the look and design of this rack.

GeneralJT

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
Quite surprisingly, ordered mine from quadratec and got it in a week and a half.

I'm in process of piecing this thing together and can certainly confirm the instructions are garbage.

I tried mocking up just the rear towers and bars with the feet to

With the non rail mounts and using only 6 of 8 bolts, which ones didnt fit?

I received mine and will be mounting it up tomorrow or the next day without the trail rails. I tried mocking it up and it didn't seem like pinch brackets wanted to sit very flush for me behind the mounting feet.
Wow.. I shouldā€™ve gone with QT šŸ˜­ I ordered from GoRhino thinking they would have a better shot at having one in stock.. I shouldā€™ve just called them. GoRhino did however let me know they have a pending shipping date to me on July 15th.. so Iā€™ll be eagerly awaiting its arrival.

ttn333

First Name
Tuan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
none
Wow.. I shouldā€™ve gone with QT šŸ˜­ I ordered from GoRhino thinking they would have a better shot at having one in stock.. I shouldā€™ve just called them. GoRhino did however let me know they have a pending shipping date to me on July 15th.. so Iā€™ll be eagerly awaiting its arrival.
Quadratec just told me it's 4 weeks out from vendor.

Sponsored

Free2roam

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Occupation
Fabricator by trade/ Maintenance Mechanic
In the end I ordered a Tuwa Pro. Checks all my boxes. Height adjustable. Below, at, or above cab height.
Jeep Gladiator Go Rhino Xtreme Overland Rack Jeep_Gladiator_bedrack_-_IN_cam_rear.001_copy_a9d57ade-53d0-4784-ba8f-bde879e78d57_1200x630
Jeep Gladiator Go Rhino Xtreme Overland Rack Jeepladiatorrack-INblackBG-TOPRAILScopy_1_1800x1800

DeezJT

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pending
Occupation
Process Engineer
@ttn333 so far so good with 2 camping trips. No noise at highway/offroad speeds but there is a rattle coming from my rotopax mount which I will investigate this weekend. Iā€™ll also be checking the bolts too.
I will be in OC this Sunday afternoon if u wanna check it out.

ttn333

First Name
Tuan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
none
@ttn333 so far so good with 2 camping trips. No noise at highway/offroad speeds but there is a rattle coming from my rotopax mount which I will investigate this weekend. Iā€™ll also be checking the bolts too.
I will be in OC this Sunday afternoon if u wanna check it out.
Thanks for the generous offer DeezJT. That would be great. Unfortunately we are having guests over for the 4th. In anycase, it looks like I'll have to wait a bit as the rack is again on backorder.

DeezJT

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pending
Occupation
Process Engineer
Soā€¦ the hi lift jack bracket only works on one side. The drivers side. Unfortunately my drivers side has the table. I will have to remove it next week as I will make arrangements for them to fix my table (broken rivnut). Thanks GoRhino for your help in getting me a bracket but my setup is incompatible.

anyways, thereā€™s another issue. My rack has the mounting holes for light accessories. No wonder they took it out of production. I was able to get the bolt in, but im unable to secure it with a bolt as the hole is too small. I may mount it to the pillar bracketā€™s rivnut but Iā€™ll see what I can do on Monday. I really want to mount it on top.

Free2roam

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Occupation
Fabricator by trade/ Maintenance Mechanic
Soā€¦ the hi lift jack bracket only works on one side. The drivers side. Unfortunately my drivers side has the table. I will have to remove it next week as I will make arrangements for them to fix my table (broken rivnut). Thanks GoRhino for your help in getting me a bracket but my setup is incompatible.

anyways, thereā€™s another issue. My rack has the mounting holes for light accessories. No wonder they took it out of production. I was able to get the bolt in, but im unable to secure it with a bolt as the hole is too small. I may mount it to the pillar bracketā€™s rivnut but Iā€™ll see what I can do on Monday. I really want to mount it on top.
Got pics of it? Where it is mounting?
Sponsored