Sponsored

Go Rhino Xtreme Overland Rack

thekorky

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
-I have the pre-revised version on the front/rear top connecting tubes has the holes to mount lights. I did notice though that male/female deutsch connectors won’t fit in the hole. So if you want to mount lights and tuck them in, you gotta splice the wires together and throw away the deutsch connectors.

-the mounts (non rail mount)uses 8 bolts but I can only manage 6 as there is no room for fitment. Overall it’s holding and I have no issues.

-the upright brackets have nutsert holes where you can mount accessories too such as lights so no biggie if you don’t have my version.

-install instructions sucks but when you get one bar in, it’s pretty self explanatory from there. They need a technical writer to do a better write up.

-some Items came scratched or missed powder coat, but I expected that. Mopar hard top paint can help as it’s a very close match.

-fold down table… again, they need a technical writer as it doesn’t state to remove already installed bolts. The supplied hardware is unusable so purchase some replacements (8 2” bolts need to be 2.5”). The cable needed to be drilled for some users… mine came out good.The locking mechanism is off a bit, but I managed to make it work (loosen bracket bolts).

overall, despite the shortcomings, quality control issues, and delay in delivery (expect 1-2 months), I’m satisfied. it looks great and is the only rack that has a lot of dedicated accessories available. It’s made in Mexico. Would I purchase again knowing what I know now?… perhaps not, but if I only have 799 to spend, then absolutely.
Just wondering, what lights are you running on the rack? I'm trying to figure out what will get up over the cab with a hardtop.

BTW, I also managed to get the threaded inserts on the cross bars after reaching out to Go Rhino. I told them this is one of the reasons I bought the rack as it was advertised that way when I purchased it. It took some back and forth but they finally sent me the cross bars with the threaded inserts.
Sponsored

DeezJT

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pending
Occupation
Process Engineer
@thekorky i have Rigid SRQ floods that I saved from my last Jeep. I will also put on my LUX magnetic lights which I also saved from my previous jeep (rock lights) to the rack.
I’m just waiting for my Rigid DSS spots to arrive so I can do the setup in one day. I would’ve done the rack already but since my lights got stolen , I have to redo my whole setup. I will be installing everything with tamper screws and a bit of solder to prevent any more theft.

thekorky

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Finally got my rack mounted! I used the trail rail mounting method. It was a little bit of a pain but after loosening up all of the bolts (even more) I managed to get it to fit. I used a little bit of loctite on all of the table shoulder bolts to make sure they didn't back out.
Jeep Gladiator Go Rhino Xtreme Overland Rack inCollage_20210607_193429281 (1)
Jeep Gladiator Go Rhino Xtreme Overland Rack inCollage_20210608_174335029 (2)

DeezJT

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pending
Occupation
Process Engineer
Any recommendations for hi lift jack mount. I used quickfist clamps but it tends to move. I need a more stable permanent mount.

Sponsored

thekorky

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
@thekorky did you have any install issues?
Getting the actual rack installed on the trail rail system was a bit of a pain. When you first set it on, the carriage bolts that are through a plate which is inserted into the trail rail barely poke through the rack's mounting feet; they also are coming up at a pretty extreme angle and not square. I had everything loose on the rack but I had to loosen it up even more and take out some of the upper secondary bolts which secure the mounting feet to the uprights (this way the mounting feet could be pivoted). My wife and I actually had to manhandle and push some of the mounting feet and uprights to get enough thread to at least get the nut onto the mounting bolts. There wasn't enough thread to put on the lock washer and washer. So I ended up just tightening down the nut enough so more threads were showing on the adjacent bolt. I was then able to put on the washer and lock washer, tighten that bolt down, and redo the first. I just repeated this process on all four mounting feet.

Also, I wasn't really a fan of how the mounting feet don't quite clear the plastic on the bed caps. They overlap by a little less than a quarter of an inch and while you're tightening down the carriage bolts it is bending and popping as it squishes the edge of the plastic.

My table went on without a problem despite the horrible instructions (I actually installed it a couple of times when the rack was not mounted to my vehicle, so I had practice). The latches line up, but one side is a bit tight. I will note that I put some of my own plastic washers on some of the shoulder bolts as the ones they send are flimsy at best.

I have a couple of rubberized weather resistant padlocks coming to help keep the latches closed on the table. My fear is if I hit a big bump or take it off-roading they may pop open in the table inadvertently opens.

I am thinking about putting another set of handles on the cab side of the bed to fill in some of the gap between the cab and the rack.

thekorky

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just wanted to share a couple locks I got for the table system. Having something that was weather resistant and somewhat rubberized to keep noise low was part of my criteria. I found the "ABUS 70/35 KA Solid Brass Weatherproof Padlock Keyed Alike (Code - 6301), Black" locks on Amazon. The shackle fits perfectly within the latches on the table and the lock is not too large. So far so good.
Jeep Gladiator Go Rhino Xtreme Overland Rack inCollage_20210610_094726832

Sponsored

ttn333

First Name
Tuan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
none
Just confirming the weight rating on this rack. Here's a link to go rhino official video with weight rating.

Bremen

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR Sting Gray, 2017 VW Golf Alltrack
@thekorky i see that u bought 2 locks. Does each lock come with each individual key? I prefer the same lock like boltlock and use 1 key to open all locks.
I ordered four of them last year and they were all keyed alike.

DeezJT

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pending
Occupation
Process Engineer
So… remember when I asked GoRhino for a recommendation of a hi lift jack mount to mount INSIDE of the rack??

well… I couldn’t get it to mount because the bar was hitting the GoRhino vertical upright.

This is their recommendation!!! Now I can’t return the product because it’s used. Be giving GoRhino a call. Let’s see what they have to say for themselves.
Not happy

Jeep Gladiator Go Rhino Xtreme Overland Rack F8E3FC80-3564-49FB-A578-E18292B33AA2

Jeep Gladiator Go Rhino Xtreme Overland Rack FD3052B7-4DFC-472A-811E-5B06F772695F

Jeep Gladiator Go Rhino Xtreme Overland Rack FF78C255-07C6-41AF-ACE8-35C34034899D

Jeep Gladiator Go Rhino Xtreme Overland Rack BE34B125-9B4D-48B0-80DE-856C74A050E5

Last edited:

DeezJT

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pending
Occupation
Process Engineer
The only way to mount it is outside the rack which defeats whole setup as I will be adding a storage box or 2 on the outside.
Sponsored