GOBI Gladiator JT Club

Gobi One

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 JKU
Don't do it! I actually picked my user name to force me to stay the course. How silly would it look if Gobi Wan was over posting in the White JT club :facepalm:
The issue is this thing still has to ship over to my duty location in the UK... Wondering if it will get here in Jan even with an ESTIMATED start date of OCT..
Sponsored

futzin'

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JTR, '15 Durango Citadel, '06 Suburban 2500 8L
Granite Crystal or White is looking super nice right about now....
My tempt color will be Sting-Gray. I'm wanting Gobi or maybe Gator for the Safari/Military look that I think fits the look of the truck, but that Sting-Grey is fantastic, IMO.

Gobi One

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 JKU
My tempt color will be Sting-Gray. I'm wanting Gobi or maybe Gator for the Safari/Military look that I think fits the look of the truck, but that Sting-Grey is fantastic, IMO.
Just spent an hour on the SG thread. Indeed very cool seems to flux with light a lot!

Gobi Wan K

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gobi Gladiator
Occupation
Roller Coaster Tester
It is bad for me because when we did a build sheet so we could get a price at my dealership we built it as Sting Gray. Would be easy to just submit it.

Sponsored

MirMir

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Cherokee Altitude
Don't do it! I actually picked my user name to force me to stay the course. How silly would it look if Gobi Wan was over posting in the White JT club :facepalm:
I love your name! I'm hoping the Force is with you on your order!

Gobi Wan K

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gobi Gladiator
Occupation
Roller Coaster Tester
I love your name! I'm hoping the Force is with you on your order!
I am having to resist the pull of the dark side to another color. I'm seeing more of them on the road and I want my Gladiator :crying:

RickyR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR Black , 2004 LJ D60's 39.5 IRoKs AMC 401 V-8
I am having to resist the pull of the dark side to another color. I'm seeing more of them on the road and I want my Gladiator :crying:

I so understand... There's a LE in silver about 60 miles from here, I left a message for the internet guy, he's about to fill up my inbox, I'm hoping they sell it before I decide to return his calls...

Gobi Wan K

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gobi Gladiator
Occupation
Roller Coaster Tester
I so understand... There's a LE in silver about 60 miles from here, I left a message for the internet guy, he's about to fill up my inbox, I'm hoping they sell it before I decide to return his calls...
The LE thing is cool and all but there are so many things on an LE that I don't want. Even with a discount I'm just not interested. which is good since I have seen a few of them pop up for sale. I am actually lucky because i don't want leather and there hasn't been a Rubicon on a lot anywhere near me with cloth seat .

RickyR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just looked at a black LE. I told them if they would sell it to me at 4% below invoice, we would have a deal. Manager came back and said something like they are at cost and blah, blah,blah.. Then wanted to add the dealer crap (nitrogen, scotchguard, tinted windows) for like another $1k.
So basically we are at $56k or so. Also told me that this was an LE and was special and they couldn't lose money on it.. I politely said thanks and mentioned to my sales guy to "work" on management for me... We left.. So............ If I can get a good deal, I'm going to walk from Gobi, but if I don't, then it is- what it is.....

Sponsored

jeepncrowd

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon (WILD MED)
Occupation
Physician Assistant
Hmm. Are they going to skip the hydro blue or just really delay the gobi???

RickyR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Throwing in the towel for Gobi. I plan (as of right this instant), to order a black rubicon on Monday. I hope one day I will have better patience. When you guys are touting your Gobi JT, I will likely be jealous !!!!!!! However still watching this thread.. Good luck.

Gobi Wan K

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gobi Gladiator
Occupation
Roller Coaster Tester
Throwing in the towel for Gobi. I plan (as of right this instant), to order a black rubicon on Monday. I hope one day I will have better patience. When you guys are touting your Gobi JT, I will likely be jealous !!!!!!! However still watching this thread.. Good luck.
You know, the choice is yours but... Monday will only be one week away from the posted date. It is quite possible that they release Hydro and Gobi at the same time. I'm going to wait however long it takes. I don't want to spend this kind of money and have to settle on a color. I have only once in my life bought the color I wanted, all my other vehicles have been right place, right price. The most expensive was my avalanche. It was a left over and a great price but it was burgundy and I never liked the color.

RickyR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You know, the choice is yours but... Monday will only be one week away from the posted date. It is quite possible that they release Hydro and Gobi at the same time. I'm going to wait however long it takes. I don't want to spend this kind of money and have to settle on a color. I have only once in my life bought the color I wanted, all my other vehicles have been right place, right price. The most expensive was my avalanche. It was a left over and a great price but it was burgundy and I never liked the color.
I know you are right, and really thought I wanted Gobi... Until I saw the black LE.. My wife's JKU is black, my LJ is black, and my older dually was black.. When they are clean, there's nothing more nice, but when they are dirty, the whole town knows..... I was hoping that Gobi was going to match my RV, and it will. but I think the black will match it just as well. Not to pollute anyone's thoughts, but in the next year or so, I plan to get aluminum fenders (when they become available), so painting them to match Gobi (in my opinion) isn't going to look right, and painting them black REALLY isn't going to look right. So, back to black, then a paint to match top, and fenders, and the rubicon package is the plan... Who is to say that in 2022, if the diesel is proven, and I fall back in love with another color, we trade the rv, blah,blah,blah... I can justify till I'm MORE blue in the face... After all, it's just a color.
IMG_5269.jpg
Sponsored