First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gobi Gladiator
Occupation
Roller Coaster Tester
I know you are right, and really thought I wanted Gobi... Until I saw the black LE.. My wife's JKU is black, my LJ is black, and my older dually was black.. When they are clean, there's nothing more nice, but when they are dirty, the whole town knows..... I was hoping that Gobi was going to match my RV, and it will. but I think the black will match it just as well. Not to pollute anyone's thoughts, but in the next year or so, I plan to get aluminum fenders (when they become available), so painting them to match Gobi (in my opinion) isn't going to look right, and painting them black REALLY isn't going to look right. So, back to black, then a paint to match top, and fenders, and the rubicon package is the plan... Who is to say that in 2022, if the diesel is proven, and I fall back in love with another color, we trade the rv, blah,blah,blah... I can justify till I'm MORE blue in the face... After all, it's just a color.
My last Jeep was Black (TJ) so I really looked at black too. I like a black car/truck but when I first looked at the color options for the Gladiator the Gobi just jumped out at me. I was really drawn to the Tacoma when they came out with their sand color a few years ago. I know that I will regret it if I I don't buck up and just wait. I am in no hurry, I have no lease coming to an end or anything and I have been so busy on the road this summer that it seems like just yesterday (early June) that I signed a deal to buy when the Gobi comes out.

jeepncrowd

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon (WILD MED)
Occupation
Physician Assistant
1 week away!!! Maybe... IF they can ever get Blue released. I wonder if they'll skip it.

Sponsored

RickyR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR Black , 2004 LJ D60's 39.5 IRoKs AMC 401 V-8
Ok guys and gals. I'm out..... Went to the dark side today and ordered my JTR in black. After a few long conversations with my wife and some deep thought (not really), I decided black is my color. If in a year or so, I want something different, who's to say I can't get something else???? It will cost a little with the depreciation of a new vehicle, but life's too short. I can't wait to see some really tricked out Gobi JT's.. I will be lurking around.

EDIT: The steel bumper was available to be added to my jeep today.

Last edited:

Gobi Wan K

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gobi Gladiator
Occupation
Roller Coaster Tester
Talked to my salesman this morning. he said that FCA isn't telling them anything but to throw another rumor out there he said he heard the second week of September circulating around. We will see come Monday.

Stephiskis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU Sahara Rock Lobster, 2013 Ram 3500
Vehicle Showcase
Talked to my salesman this morning. he said that FCA isn't telling them anything but to throw another rumor out there he said he heard the second week of September circulating around. We will see come Monday.
Hi! New here!
Early September to order Gobi? Are you waiting for the body color top? I was looking over a shoulder at the dealer connect order sheet on 8/19 and Gobi was a choice. Aborted because the body color top was not available.
It's going to be worth the wait!!

Gobi Wan K

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gobi Gladiator
Occupation
Roller Coaster Tester
Hi! New here!
Early September to order Gobi? Are you waiting for the body color top? I was looking over a shoulder at the dealer connect order sheet on 8/19 and Gobi was a choice. Aborted because the body color top was not available.
It's going to be worth the wait!!
No, I am going for the black hardtop. I plan to wait to see what bestop or some of the others to release a soft top option.
Interesting that you saw it available because my salesman told me this morning that it wasn't available and that he keeps checking. I am going to stop by tomorrow so we will check again.

Sponsored

jeepncrowd

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon (WILD MED)
Occupation
Physician Assistant
Tomorrow is supposed to be day 1 for you gobi folks ive got my fingers crossed bc thats 1 step closer to gator
Exactly! I feel bad for the hydro blue folks, but the selfish part of me hopes that the Gobi starts on time so that I have a better chance of getting my Gator.
Good luck y'all! I've been checking hydro blue everyday since the scheduled release date, and now will also be checking Gobi every day until release.

Gobi Wan K

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gobi Gladiator
Occupation
Roller Coaster Tester
I just tried to check with my dealer but being a Sunday there wasn't a single person there that could access the order system.
On another note, I finally drove a Rubicon and I see what people are talking about with the steering. I had only driven a sport s before and didn't notice anything wrong with the steering.

Back to Gobi though I am really interested to know what @Stephiskis saw in the dealer connect system.

Stephiskis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU Sahara Rock Lobster, 2013 Ram 3500
Vehicle Showcase
@Gobi Wan K, We went in to put the order together for a Gobi Rubicon with dual tops etc. Was able to select Gobi and the dual top but body color top option was greyed out.
I have family in the business and this was happening on my porch right before dinner. We gave up and after dinner I saw the 10/7 date for body color tops so we didn't bother trying again.
Sorry I don't know more.

Gobi Wan K

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gobi Gladiator
Occupation
Roller Coaster Tester
@Gobi Wan K, We went in to put the order together for a Gobi Rubicon with dual tops etc. Was able to select Gobi and the dual top but body color top option was greyed out.
I have family in the business and this was happening on my porch right before dinner. We gave up and after dinner I saw the 10/7 date for body color tops so we didn't bother trying again.
Sorry I don't know more.
Well, well, well. I will for sure have to talk to my dealer. This is the first I have heard that it was in the system. I will be checking today for sure.
Thanks for the reply.
Sponsored