First Name:
    Kevin
    Vehicle(s):
    2013 Power Wagon
    Liked:
    Roller Coaster Tester
    Baaa, Baaaa, munch munch Baaaa

:LOL:

Part of this is options, the cost of bringing a vehicle to market with regulations and testing and all that goes with it, there just are the same old options. There isn't anything on the road that ticks all the boxes of the Jeep without going to a grey market Land Rover Defender or older FJ45. If, like a lot of people on here you bail for another pick-up that is great, but I suspect you only half wanted the Jeep to begin with. I do hope Ford brings the Bronco to market, it will breed a little competition but I honestly don't see it happening for at least a couple years. I mean they have been teasing the Gladiator since 2008.

TRI-JAB likes this.
  2. futzin'

futzin' Well-Known Member

First Name:
    Kevin
    Vehicle(s):
    2015 Durango V6, 2006 Suburban 2500, 2009 Venza
    Liked:
    I've said repeatedly that I would rather have an SUV than a pickup; pick ups are boring (to me), the JT certainly is NOT. Actually, the Bronco will be a no-go for me since it looks like a full-size is out.

I'd say I'm 80%, not 50 :). The lack of torque is all that's holding me back, really. Jeep's handling of the release of the JT is really frustrating to me. As a small business owner contracting to a world wide corporation, I'm held to a very high standard. Makes me have a slanted view of the world, I guess. I often say, Some businesses succeed in spite of themselves and some that should make it, don't. We as consumers have more of a say in that than we realize. I don't mean this applies to Jeep. On the contrary, FCA to me it seems is about the only manufacturer making interesting vehicles these days.

Gobi Wan K likes this.
  3. ThirtyOne

ThirtyOne Well-Known Member

Vehicle(s):
    2018 JLU, 2017 Chevy Tahoe, 2006 Jeep Liberty
    Liked:
    So they should feed more unofficial information to unofficial sources to explain delays to the previous unofficial information spread through unofficial sources?

Y'all crack me up.

Just because someone on the forum published documents that were, I am assuming, meant for suppliers or retailers doesn't mean that FCA owes the zealots on the forums an explanation when those dates are not met. It's not like they are on their official website. It just says Late Availability.

Once things get rolling Wranglers are usually delivered in 4-6 weeks. I consider that excellent. FCA is actually VERY good at this.

4. Gobi Wan K

Gobi Wan K Well-Known Member

First Name:
    Kevin
    Vehicle(s):
    2013 Power Wagon
    Liked:
    Roller Coaster Tester
    This is sort of true except that FCA themselves were telling the Granite Launch Folks when they were going to start production of those and then dropped the ball on updating those who are presumably the most important buyers at this time. So maybe they don't owe any explanation on the projected start date document but they have dropped the ball in this area so us customers are understandably disappointed.
    And that was a document that went to dealers and they are not telling them anything either so there's that.
    My take is that if you are going to launch a vehicle like this with a huge fan base and offer late availability colors you should offer some idea to your customers when those will be available. that way they can make decisions based on need or finances. How many people tried to time out a lease and get the color they want and now are scrambling because it didn't happen on time?
    Like I said, you are not completely wrong but it isn't that simple either. For me, I'm just (not) patiently waiting for my Gobi.

chrcal14 and RickyR like this.
  5. ThirtyOne

ThirtyOne Well-Known Member

Vehicle(s):
    2018 JLU, 2017 Chevy Tahoe, 2006 Jeep Liberty
    Liked:
    I was there last year on my JLU. I wanted Sting-Gray. My paid-off car finally died. I was months away from getting my Jeep. I had to get creative. It never occurred to me to blame Jeep.

The good news is I held out for the color I really wanted and I never regretted it.

6. Gobi Wan K

First Name:
    Kevin
    Vehicle(s):
    2013 Power Wagon
    Liked:
    Roller Coaster Tester
    I for one am not blaming Jeep for anything. I just think it would give them a lot of goodwill if they just said something.

chrcal14 likes this.
  7. Digger70

Digger70 Well-Known Member

Vehicle(s):
    2020 Rubicon Gladiator Firecracker Red 8/22/19, 2019 Sahara JLU Hella Yella 6/5/19, 2015 Sahara JK Baja Yellow 3/17-6/19, 2014 Flame Red Willys Wheeler JK 6/14-3/17
    Liked:
    You didn't hear this from me but a friend in S.H.I.E.L.D. told me that Skrulls invaded the paint and vendor departments at the factory and that's why there's been so many delays. They were found and Hulk popped their heads off, so things should be back to normal.

SKT, SFC2, MirMir and 1 other person like this.
  8. Gobi Wan K

First Name:
    Kevin
    Vehicle(s):
    2013 Power Wagon
    Liked:
    Roller Coaster Tester
    So over on the Face Books it seems that a couple Gobi test mules have been spotted going down the line. It seemed that Punk'n ordering opened up shortly after those tests were seen on the line.

SKT, jeepncrowd, Stephiskis and 2 others like this.
  9. SKT

SKT Well-Known Member

First Name:
    SKT
    Vehicle(s):
    Jeep
    Liked:
  10. jeepncrowd

jeepncrowd Well-Known Member

First Name:
    Nathan
    Vehicle(s):
    2015 3.0 WK2 Overland
    Liked:
    Physician Assistant
    Thank you for posting this! This Gobi and the Hydro blue you posted is the other thread is great news. Hopefuly these test colors passed and they will open up for full production soon followed by our gator!

goofynomad likes this.
  11. Mr_baker4420

Mr_baker4420 Well-Known Member

Vehicle(s):
    F150
    Liked:
    Yeah definitely taken at the plant. Noticed in the hydro blue thread that one has wrong hardtop written on the windshield.

goofynomad likes this.
  12. Dm33buckeyes

Dm33buckeyes Member

First Name:
    Ross
    Vehicle(s):
    2020 Gobi Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
    Liked:
    So gobi is being built???

13. jeepncrowd

jeepncrowd Well-Known Member

First Name:
    Nathan
    Vehicle(s):
    2015 3.0 WK2 Overland
    Liked:
    Physician Assistant
    One was built along with a hydro blue. Just speculation, but i assume they were the test mules for the production runs.

14. futzin'

futzin' Well-Known Member

First Name:
    Kevin
    Vehicle(s):
    2015 Durango V6, 2006 Suburban 2500, 2009 Venza
    Liked:
    Interesting that they put running boards on it . . .

15. Oilburner

Oilburner Well-Known Member

First Name:
    Tim
    Vehicle(s):
    1982 Scrambler, 1969 Wagoneer, 2016 GC Ecodiesel
    Liked:
    I have seen several Sports with running boards but they looked different- more ‘tubular’ I guess.

Gobi will be an awesome color, many will wish they held out! LOL

goofynomad and SleepyJeep like this.