First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gobi Gladiator
Occupation
Roller Coaster Tester
Exactly right. Too many sheep and lemmings in this country, IMO. This is just a generalization; not labeling anyone here!
Baaa, Baaaa, munch munch Baaaa

:LOL:

Part of this is options, the cost of bringing a vehicle to market with regulations and testing and all that goes with it, there just are the same old options. There isn't anything on the road that ticks all the boxes of the Jeep without going to a grey market Land Rover Defender or older FJ45. If, like a lot of people on here you bail for another pick-up that is great, but I suspect you only half wanted the Jeep to begin with. I do hope Ford brings the Bronco to market, it will breed a little competition but I honestly don't see it happening for at least a couple years. I mean they have been teasing the Gladiator since 2008.
Sponsored

futzin'

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JTR, '15 Durango Citadel, '06 Suburban 2500 8L
I've said repeatedly that I would rather have an SUV than a pickup; pick ups are boring (to me), the JT certainly is NOT. Actually, the Bronco will be a no-go for me since it looks like a full-size is out.

I suspect you only half wanted the Jeep to begin with.
I'd say I'm 80%, not 50 :). The lack of torque is all that's holding me back, really. Jeep's handling of the release of the JT is really frustrating to me. As a small business owner contracting to a world wide corporation, I'm held to a very high standard. Makes me have a slanted view of the world, I guess. I often say, Some businesses succeed in spite of themselves and some that should make it, don't. We as consumers have more of a say in that than we realize. I don't mean this applies to Jeep. On the contrary, FCA to me it seems is about the only manufacturer making interesting vehicles these days.

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2017 Chevy Tahoe, 2006 Jeep Liberty
Yeah, that's getting to be a thing with these guys. You'd think we'd be able to build ICBMs with this information if they gave it to us.

How hard would it be to say... "We've had better than projected order volumes on early colors and unexpected supplier delays. We're doing our best to catch up existing orders, we've fixed the supplier issues, and we now expect color order dates to be as below. They may get pushed back, but we'll try to keep you updated once a week."

One person passing that info through this forum would do the trick. Google would pick it up, this forum already comes up very high in search results. It's readable to non-members. Problem solved.
So they should feed more unofficial information to unofficial sources to explain delays to the previous unofficial information spread through unofficial sources?

Y'all crack me up.

Just because someone on the forum published documents that were, I am assuming, meant for suppliers or retailers doesn't mean that FCA owes the zealots on the forums an explanation when those dates are not met. It's not like they are on their official website. It just says Late Availability.

Once things get rolling Wranglers are usually delivered in 4-6 weeks. I consider that excellent. FCA is actually VERY good at this.

Gobi Wan K

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gobi Gladiator
Occupation
Roller Coaster Tester
So they should feed more unofficial information to unofficial sources to explain delays to the previous unofficial information spread through unofficial sources?

Y'all crack me up.

Just because someone on the forum published documents that were, I am assuming, meant for suppliers or retailers doesn't mean that FCA owes the zealots on the forums an explanation when those dates are not met. It's not like they are on their official website. It just says Late Availability.

Once things get rolling Wranglers are usually delivered in 4-6 weeks. I consider that excellent. FCA is actually VERY good at this.
This is sort of true except that FCA themselves were telling the Granite Launch Folks when they were going to start production of those and then dropped the ball on updating those who are presumably the most important buyers at this time. So maybe they don't owe any explanation on the projected start date document but they have dropped the ball in this area so us customers are understandably disappointed.
And that was a document that went to dealers and they are not telling them anything either so there's that.
My take is that if you are going to launch a vehicle like this with a huge fan base and offer late availability colors you should offer some idea to your customers when those will be available. that way they can make decisions based on need or finances. How many people tried to time out a lease and get the color they want and now are scrambling because it didn't happen on time?
Like I said, you are not completely wrong but it isn't that simple either. For me, I'm just (not) patiently waiting for my Gobi.

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2017 Chevy Tahoe, 2006 Jeep Liberty
This is sort of true except that FCA themselves were telling the Granite Launch Folks when they were going to start production of those and then dropped the ball on updating those who are presumably the most important buyers at this time. So maybe they don't owe any explanation on the projected start date document but they have dropped the ball in this area so us customers are understandably disappointed.
And that was a document that went to dealers and they are not telling them anything either so there's that.
My take is that if you are going to launch a vehicle like this with a huge fan base and offer late availability colors you should offer some idea to your customers when those will be available. that way they can make decisions based on need or finances. How many people tried to time out a lease and get the color they want and now are scrambling because it didn't happen on time?
Like I said, you are not completely wrong but it isn't that simple either. For me, I'm just (not) patiently waiting for my Gobi.
I was there last year on my JLU. I wanted Sting-Gray. My paid-off car finally died. I was months away from getting my Jeep. I had to get creative. It never occurred to me to blame Jeep.

The good news is I held out for the color I really wanted and I never regretted it.

Sponsored

Gobi Wan K

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gobi Gladiator
Occupation
Roller Coaster Tester
I was there last year on my JLU. I wanted Sting-Gray. My paid-off car finally died. I was months away from getting my Jeep. I had to get creative. It never occurred to me to blame Jeep.

The good news is I held out for the color I really wanted and I never regretted it.
I for one am not blaming Jeep for anything. I just think it would give them a lot of goodwill if they just said something.

Digger70

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator Altitude
You didn't hear this from me but a friend in S.H.I.E.L.D. told me that Skrulls invaded the paint and vendor departments at the factory and that's why there's been so many delays. They were found and Hulk popped their heads off, so things should be back to normal.

Gobi Wan K

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gobi Gladiator
Occupation
Roller Coaster Tester
So over on the Face Books it seems that a couple Gobi test mules have been spotted going down the line. It seemed that Punk'n ordering opened up shortly after those tests were seen on the line.

jeepncrowd

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon (WILD MED)
Occupation
Physician Assistant
Thank you for posting this! This Gobi and the Hydro blue you posted is the other thread is great news. Hopefuly these test colors passed and they will open up for full production soon followed by our gator!

Sponsored

Mr_baker4420

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Thank you for posting this! This Gobi and the Hydro blue you posted is the other thread is great news. Hopefuly these test colors passed and they will open up for full production soon followed by our gator!
Yeah definitely taken at the plant. Noticed in the hydro blue thread that one has wrong hardtop written on the windshield.

jeepncrowd

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon (WILD MED)
Occupation
Physician Assistant
So gobi is being built???
One was built along with a hydro blue. Just speculation, but i assume they were the test mules for the production runs.

futzin'

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JTR, '15 Durango Citadel, '06 Suburban 2500 8L
Interesting that they put running boards on it . . .

Oilburner

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1982 Scrambler, 1969 Wagoneer, 2022 JTR Ecodiesel
Interesting that they put running boards on it . . .
I have seen several Sports with running boards but they looked different- more ‘tubular’ I guess.

Gobi will be an awesome color, many will wish they held out! LOL
Sponsored