Oilburner

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1982 Scrambler, 1969 Wagoneer, 2022 JTR Ecodiesel
@Gobi Wan K,
...Was able to select Gobi and the dual top but body color top option was greyed out.
The Gobi color w/ Gobi top & flares release date has been 10/7 ever since the first list I saw:

Color Production Dates.PNG
Sponsored

Gobi Wan K

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gobi Gladiator
Occupation
Roller Coaster Tester
So as of about an hour ago there is no Gobi or Hydro Blue in the system. Just everything up to Punk'n.

KP2181

First Name
Kenneth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
I’ve been waiting since May for this day to arrive! Please don’t let it be delayed!!! I sold my 2012 JKU in 11 hours in May and decided to wait for Gobi. It’s been a long summer without a Jeep! I’m going crazy over here!!

HydroRubi

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.thesonsoflibertyband.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Hydro Blue Gladiator Rubicon, Indian Spingfield
Occupation
Musician, Producer
I’ve been waiting since May for this day to arrive! Please don’t let it be delayed!!! I sold my 2012 JKU in 11 hours in May and decided to wait for Gobi. It’s been a long summer without a Jeep! I’m going crazy over here!!
22 days past the "published date" and counting for Hydro Blue. Good luck with Gobi. I've heard September, October and December for dates for Hydro Blue from dealers now. It's obvious that the dealers are not being given ANY information about the new color availability.

Welcome to the sit and wait with no timeline crowd.

chrcal14

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon
22 days past the "published date" and counting for Hydro Blue. Good luck with Gobi. I've heard September, October and December for dates for Hydro Blue from dealers now. It's obvious that the dealers are not being given ANY information about the new color availability.

Welcome to the sit and wait with no timeline crowd.
Yeah, that's getting to be a thing with these guys. You'd think we'd be able to build ICBMs with this information if they gave it to us.

How hard would it be to say... "We've had better than projected order volumes on early colors and unexpected supplier delays. We're doing our best to catch up existing orders, we've fixed the supplier issues, and we now expect color order dates to be as below. They may get pushed back, but we'll try to keep you updated once a week."

One person passing that info through this forum would do the trick. Google would pick it up, this forum already comes up very high in search results. It's readable to non-members. Problem solved.

Sponsored

futzin'

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JTR, '15 Durango Citadel, '06 Suburban 2500 8L
I'm not 100% Gladiator. The longer this takes, the more Jeep opens the door to Bronco, Rebel TR, others. I realize some will be on board for however long it takes, but not everyone's decision process is the same. And if I can't place the order the way I want it (bumpers, etc), I prolly won't place it at all. Just the way I am … I usually don't bitch, I just take my business elsewhere. I can probably trade the open air for the rumble of a V8 (while they still exist). :time:

KP2181

First Name
Kenneth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Dealer contacted me and said his FCA district sales/ordering rep said Gobi got pushed to early September. We shall see!

Gobi Wan K

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gobi Gladiator
Occupation
Roller Coaster Tester
Dealer contacted me and said his FCA district sales/ordering rep said Gobi got pushed to early September. We shall see!
My salesman told me Monday that was what he had heard. Again, just wild speculation on anyone's part since the main office isn't issuing press releases.

TheSolarWizard

First Name
Memphis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
3.0 JT
Occupation
Solar & EV infrastructure
I'm not 100% Gladiator. The longer this takes, the more Jeep opens the door to Bronco, Rebel TR, others. I realize some will be on board for however long it takes, but not everyone's decision process is the same. And if I can't place the order the way I want it (bumpers, etc), I prolly won't place it at all. Just the way I am … I usually don't bitch, I just take my business elsewhere. I can probably trade the open air for the rumble of a V8 (while they still exist). :time:

The wait will be substantially longer for both of those and there are way better bumpers in the aftermarket

futzin'

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
May be true. But the info of the other offerings could be enough to sway me from buying Jeep.

The bumper was just an example, dude.

Again,
I realize some will be on board for however long it takes, but not everyone's decision process is the same.

If you're a Jeep guy no matter what, then rock on. I'm not (yet), nor are 100% of folks that buy them. How a company does business factors into my loyalty. I'm not blind in that regard. Just my take on it.

Sponsored

TheSolarWizard

First Name
Memphis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
3.0 JT
Occupation
Solar & EV infrastructure
Seems like your about 750 posts short of choosing something so I suggest you sign up and get on it?

I waited 4.5 months for my last custom ordered F150 and they build one of those every 48 seconds, dude

KP2181

First Name
Kenneth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
My salesman told me Monday that was what he had heard. Again, just wild speculation on anyone's part since the main office isn't issuing press releases.
Makes sense as my dealer said early next weekish. A Facebook group I’m in said his dealer said October. Who knows at this point. I just need a Jeep back in my life lol. Driving a family members found on road dead car!

futzin'

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Seems like your about 750 posts short of choosing something so I suggest you sign up and get on it?

I waited 4.5 months for my last custom ordered F150 and they build one of those every 48 seconds, dude
Well, you lost me there. But, yeah I'm a ways off from a decision for sure. Jeep's handling of this release is making it longer. The longer it goes, the more tenuous it gets, for me. That's my situation. Everyones' is different, is all.

Gobi Wan K

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gobi Gladiator
Occupation
Roller Coaster Tester
Yea, I haven't ordered a car before but I get the feeling that none of the main manufacturers are a lot different in that respect. I imagine if you order a high end Ferrari they have someone show up at your house and hold your hand the whole time but I wouldn't know about that. I do believe Jeep could be doing a lot better at this point but I doubt they will change as long as people keep buying them.

futzin'

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I doubt they will change as long as people keep buying them.
Exactly right. Too many sheep and lemmings in this country, IMO. This is just a generalization; not labeling anyone here!
Sponsored