First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon (WILD MED)
Occupation
Physician Assistant
I let my impatience get the better of me and got the dual top. I really want the hard top and it will be harder to come by after the fact. I figure I was planning to get the soft top down the road anyway.
Just trying to fugure out why its more expensive to by it a dual top group, than as a premium soft top + black 3 piece hard top.
Sponsored

Gobi Wan K

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gobi Gladiator
Occupation
Roller Coaster Tester
@jeepncrowd The premium soft top is a $600 up charge over the standard top so by getting the dual top you are really buying two separate tops. If you price them through Mopar the black hard top is around $2100 and the premium soft top is @$1700 or so. So you are really getting a pretty good deal. It will force a tonneau cover because the soft top ships in the bed. I did the soft tri fold because I won't be keeping it and I figure that one has more resale potential than the roll up one and it is only $100 more.

Last edited:

Grabberbluemach

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 jku Sahara, 2010 mustang GT, 1970 Mach 1, 2020 gladiator rubicon
Occupation
Designer
Ordered mine this morning too. Rubicon with dark saddle. But I stuck with the base soft top rather than getting a hard top. I have the body color hard top on my Sahara tan JK and haven’t used it in 2 years. I don’t really like the black soft top so I’m hoping best top produces a tan premium soft top like they did for JK (which I purchased)

nlicalsi91

First Name
Nelson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU Sahara Tank Green
Ordered mine this morning too. Rubicon with dark saddle. But I stuck with the base soft top rather than getting a hard top. I have the body color hard top on my Sahara tan JK and haven’t used it in 2 years. I don’t really like the black soft top so I’m hoping best top produces a tan premium soft top like they did for JK (which I purchased)
I haven't used the hard top in almost 5 years now on my 2015 wrangler. Stick with the soft top, they leak less

Sandbox20

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator 1980 CJ5
I hear ya. I will get one but it wont cause me trouble in the short term if I don't have it.
I use to have a 2003 Chevy 2500 and pulled a 24' gooseneck trailer with two antique tractors. I didn't have a brake controller on it for the first year I was showing the tractors...just didn't get in a hurry.

Sponsored

Gobi Wan K

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gobi Gladiator
Occupation
Roller Coaster Tester
After a long wait I just ordered my gobi gladiator this weekend! Now have to wait again for delivery. :(
It is all different now. Before I felt like the kid that didn't get picked to play and had to watch everyone else from the sidelines. We are in the game now. We will score, just not sure when.

Sponsored

AngelArmorNY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Tundra Crewmax, Indian Springfield Dark Horse
I am hoping to order my Sport S in Gobi if they ever fix the debacle that is the hard top order. My dealer literally called FCA in front of me and told them every grey hair on his head is due to them. At this point it seems worth it to wait for early October order sheet to see if the brake controller is an option. Then again, the longer these things go, it gives me time to check out other trucks $10k cheaper...

SFC2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Gladiator Rubicon, 2012 JK Wrangler Unlimited Sport, 2000 XJ Cherokee
After a long wait I just ordered my gobi gladiator this weekend! Now have to wait again for delivery. :(
Hang in there. A lot of the sold customer orders (not LEs) are arriving within 30-40 days after ordering. I ordered on 4/30 and had it on 6/1. I had a buddy order after seeing mine and his took approximately 35 days and that was in late June.

Good luck. Cant wait to see the Gobis start to arrive.

WXman

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Overland EcoDiesel
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
Sold my 2011 JKU today. Hate to let it go...but ready to order a Gobi this week

20190901_125604.jpg
I had a Mango Tango 2011 also. THIS is the color that Jeep should have used on the Gladiator. I'm not a fan of Punk'n.

Sandbox20

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator 1980 CJ5
I had a Mango Tango 2011 also. THIS is the color that Jeep should have used on the Gladiator. I'm not a fan of Punk'n.
That's the reason I bought that Jeep was because of the color.
Sponsored