OP

JTDean

First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JT Harley Road King
For me, I'd have to join twitter-my-life-away to announce I didn't like it and was leaving.

At least in 6 months no one will be asking why they haven't seen him around and posting "hey, where's..............."
Dang, Chevy dealers are open at 5am? 😂👍🏻
Not here that aren't, I bought it yesterday.
Sponsored

OP
OP

JTDean

First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JT Harley Road King
What caused you to trade it in? Are you hoping to climb mountains in the trail boss?
I live in FL not a lot of mountains. It won't at 37's very limited space in the wheelwells, so I'll just keep the stock tires. Yes, and I'm worried about getting down some the trails with that big monster. Maybe I'll be another Wrangler someday????

Rocksalt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport
well the op made his choice. not gonna applaud him nor dis him. also not gonna join him.

OP
OP

JTDean

First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JT Harley Road King
well the op made his choice. not gonna applaud him nor dis him. also not gonna join him.
I never expected such a response. I do this kinda stuff all the time this is my 78th vehicle and I'm 75 so that's more than one a year during my life time. I try not to look back after each purchase but I do miss the JT already, I loved that thing, just like I loved the 2019 Ram and 2014 Wrangler I traded in on for the JT. I learned a better proof read before I post. Thank ya'll..

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
I liked my Silverado, but I can't say I "miss it". I liked my F250, but also can't say I "miss it". I do miss my AMXs and my Javelins and of course, my Comanche. and I guess I miss my '36 F20
I sort of miss my first truck, a 3/4 Chevy I had in my teens - it had that "granny low" that I swear you could have pulled a house off its foundation with that truck. It looked rough but it was reliable and would pull whatever I wanted to pull.
I really don't want to find out if I'd miss my JT, if that makes sense.

Sponsored

Sazabi19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Kia Cadenza, 2020 Jeep Gladiator JT Sport S
I miss my first car :( My Saturn Aura. It was a great little car, almost wish I would've kept it and paid it off and drove it, also get the V6, probably would've kept it if I did. My brother has my vehicle after that and I just gave my last car to my parents so they can have something reliable and in warranty. I love my JT and think I may stick with Jeep now after this, we'll see what life brings but here's to hoping :)

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
We've had VERY good luck with Jeep vehicles over the years. I've lost track of how many we've had.

Rocksalt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport
I never expected such a response. I do this kinda stuff all the time this is my 78th vehicle and I'm 75 so that's more than one a year during my life time. I try not to look back after each purchase but I do miss the JT already, I loved that thing, just like I loved the 2019 Ram and 2014 Wrangler I traded in on for the JT. I learned a better proof read before I post. Thank ya'll..
wow 78 vehicles in 75 years... all I can say is wow

brotharon

First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Freelance Stamp Collector
It makes me laugh every time I see them bragging on the rancho shocks in the commercial for that thing. Reminds me of the auto parts area they used to have in Sears where they were really trying to sell you on those uprated shocks 😲.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Sometimes the "uprated" shocks are indeed far better than what you have. The Fox shocks used on Rubicon, for example, are better than the stock shocks on Overland. We used to sell Gabriel and Monroe shocks in the shops I worked in - and they had "replacement" level shocks that were at least as good as stock, or you could step up a notch or 3.
Factories put on what works, not worried about long-term or ideal control and rides, just what works. There are shocks better even than the Fox shocks on the Rubicon if you really need or want them.
OEM doesn't mean great. Aftermarket is often better, especially with shocks. (and those "sears shocks" were not made "by" sears, they were made FOR sears.)
The "uprated" shocks you laugh about I can tell you are far better than what most people hav eon their cars and trucks right now, especially if they are OE shocks.
I'd have never done autocross with the factory original shocks on my cars back then, but the replacements kept my car planted firmly on all 4s.

Sponsored

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
For some reason, the title of this subject "Goodbye Gladiator" made me think of this. Weird how seeing something leads to something totally different - (and to think I used to have hair about like his drummer in this clip, maybe 2-3" shorter)

brotharon

First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Freelance Stamp Collector
Sometimes the "uprated" shocks are indeed far better than what you have. The Fox shocks used on Rubicon, for example, are better than the stock shocks on Overland. We used to sell Gabriel and Monroe shocks in the shops I worked in - and they had "replacement" level shocks that were at least as good as stock, or you could step up a notch or 3.
Factories put on what works, not worried about long-term or ideal control and rides, just what works. There are shocks better even than the Fox shocks on the Rubicon if you really need or want them.
OEM doesn't mean great. Aftermarket is often better, especially with shocks. (and those "sears shocks" were not made "by" sears, they were made FOR sears.)
The "uprated" shocks you laugh about I can tell you are far better than what most people hav eon their cars and trucks right now, especially if they are OE shocks.
I'd have never done autocross with the factory original shocks on my cars back then, but the replacements kept my car planted firmly on all 4s.
I don't think you read my post the way I intended. I was just commenting on the nostalgia of it. I have no information on whether those shocks are better or worse than the fox shocks on my gladiator. I hope that you can start trying to see the positive in others and stop hunting for things to be angry about.
Basically, I wasn't trying to make you sad or upset. I just remember the fine folks at Sears (a place where my wife used to work) always trying to sell those shocks to folks, and that is all.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
I don't think you read my post the way I intended. I was just commenting on the nostalgia of it. I have no information on whether those shocks are better or worse than the fox shocks on my gladiator. I hope that you can start trying to see the positive in others and stop hunting for things to be angry about.
Basically, I wasn't trying to make you sad or upset. I just remember the fine folks at Sears (a place where my wife used to work) always trying to sell those shocks to folks, and that is all.
You sort of chose the wrong icon as to me it came across as if you were mocking the shocks more than anything.

It makes me laugh every time I see them bragging on the rancho shocks in the commercial for that thing. Reminds me of the auto parts area they used to have in Sears where they were really trying to sell you on those uprated shocks 😲.
That's how this came across to me - as if "shocked" (HAHAHA) that they could possibly be better, and mocking that. (there was no wink, nod, smirk or whatever)
Not upset - just seeing that as "how can they be better" and trying to say, yeah, they can be, often (not always) are.
But these days of course, you may end up with very performance oriented shocks on some vehicles as you already know.

Beardly_David

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep gladiator Sport S, 1970 Cessna 150 K
Occupation
Aviation Industry
I owned a 1998 Sierra from 2018 to 2020 and that's what made me get a truck again. But I drive a 2017 and a 2020 Silverado for work and that's what made me buy the Jeep. Was a close call tho, the Sierra X31 is a nice truck, the Trail Boos looks awesome.

Enjoy!!
Sponsored